Eastenders #26 Stick a fork in me, I'm done!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i literally said when it aired why are they all just stood watching and not punching him and pulling him off her?

in reality the whole thing was completely overhyped, the suspense throughout the actual episode was entertaining but the actual storyline in hindsight is poorly written and lacks depth
it’s almost like they spent all their energy on the PR for the episode than on the actual story itself, there’s so many plot holes and is cringe in places, almost feels like an episode of scooby doo. I also feel bc of the huge hype there should’ve been another twist, can’t lie it feels anticlimactic that that just seems to be it ? obviously there will be repercussions and more drama surrounding it but the actual event itself was a bit …. meh
I agree and said similar on Christmas Day but got a bit of backlash so haven’t said anything since.

I felt a bit disappointed as I kinda wanted there to be lots of bits that kinda linked up and we was like ohhh I totally missed that. Whilst like you said the episode was okay but overall did it live up to the huge hype, kinda no! Like it was good but not whole year build up and loads of promo etc good!

But I do love Eastenders and think the cast absolutely smashed it!!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Not 100% EastEnders related, but on iplayer there are two funny mockumentaries about the Kemp brothers. The Kemps: All True and All Gold. It does mention EE quite a bit and there’s a guest appearance from Tamzin Outhwhaite in the second one.
Yes I watched All Gold earlier on. It’s very funny in places and there’s a lovely bit where Martin and Tamzin are discussing their respective exits from EE

Reactions: 4
I agree and said similar on Christmas Day but got a bit of backlash so haven’t said anything since.

I felt a bit disappointed as I kinda wanted there to be lots of bits that kinda linked up and we was like ohhh I totally missed that. Whilst like you said the episode was okay but overall did it live up to the huge hype, kinda no! Like it was good but not whole year build up and loads of promo etc good!

But I do love Eastenders and think the cast absolutely smashed it!!
i actually agree with all this tbh i thought the christmas epp was good and on the day i was like OMG but 30mins later i was like mehh why is Linda the killer? why is Kathy there? where's bleeping KAT!? why did they make such a big deal about the 7 men when they wern't in the epp much?

but all in all my main problem is the follow up this week has flopped for me tbh

Reactions: 7
When they recast him I want the new Ben to walk into to a room and say “hello dad” to Phil and Phil just looks into the Camera

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Please don't put this out into the universe, I couldn't cope seeing that mardy face again lol
The real question is - do we prefer Nancy or Gina? Both have faces like slapped arses 😂
---
Yes! why is this always the case in soap land?! Every former alcoholic/anyone who doesn't drink alcohol always orders an orange juice when at the Vic, surely the pub has better non alcoholic drinks, no? Coke, 7up... even an apple juice? 😂
Philip needs orange juice to recharge his vitamin c(um) to increase Walford's population

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
When they recast him I want the new Ben to walk into to a room and say “hello dad” to Phil and Phil just looks into the Camera
Cast a bald actor this time. It’s about time Ben started looking like his dad and Uncle Grant.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Personally Ben either has to die or just bring back Harry Reid like nothing has ever happened. He was the best Ben! We won't even care but I can't get another recast, I cant cope.

Gonna be so glad to see the back of Max Bowden, I'm sick of his Ben, so moody so annoying. And Max Bowden seems like a bag of tit with how he apparently treated his partner when he went off with Whitless actress. And he's not even good looking, unlike Harry Reid.

He won't be killed off, I would love a reverse regeneration back to Harry Reid. He was my favourite Ben - although helped by Ben/Paul (😭😭😭) - although Charlie Jones coming back to slap down would be great.

Reactions: 15
Over the years the writers have really ruined the character of Ben, personally I think it would have been so much better to play into the camp Lady Gaga loving Ben of past (which we do see occasionally) and the dynamic between Phil Mitchell and his camp son, they could have been a brilliant duo. Instead we got this angsty, depressed, perpetual victim, wannabe hard man who is completely unlikable

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Over the years the writers have really ruined the character of Ben, personally I think it would have been so much better to play into the camp Lady Gaga loving Ben of past (which we do see occasionally) and the dynamic between Phil Mitchell and his camp son, they could have been a brilliant duo. Instead we got this angsty, depressed, perpetual victim, wannabe hard man who is completely unlikable
Part of me thinks its quite realistic though as wouldn't you be like that having grown up in the Mitchell's, committed murder as a minor, had someone you loved murdered due to hate crime....
---
I'd be more annoyed if he was happy!

Reactions: 12
Surely Ben will have to take Lexi with him as he wouldn’t leave her, although this is a soap and anything goes. Maybe he’ll have a breakdown and will need to go and find himself as they do in soapland.
I‘m not sure why they got rid of Harry Reid either, it seemed an odd move at the time.

So by Spring both Whitney and Ben will have gone? Shona is clearly leaving on good terms and will probably return in a few years. But Max seems to have burned his bridges. I hope the next Ben is recast to Harry Reid, he was the best one. And they’ve just done it with Peter/Thomas Law, so I think it’s very possible.

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.