Eastenders #26 Stick a fork in me, I'm done!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You just know Ben will flee to Portugal like all the other Mitchells do 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 21
He worked in a school??? What did he do?

Why is Sir crying? We can hear him sniffing.

Terrible hayfever, I've got. 'In February?' Yeah, it's terrible. Sniff sniff sniff sniff sniff sniff sniff sniff sniff...

We know the Head likes him but...

Plus a few I'm so bleeping hard because I'm a couple of inches taller than the 11 year olds

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
He was the worst one wee pest! No wonder stella burned him with the spoons
Nah the worst one was the bake bean looking one. Current one is my favourite just because he’s the hot one 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Only watching Fridays now - while I can’t stand Linda on the booze I find Gina UTTERLY unlikeable. She is so so
So so so so pathetic.
---
Question as I’m fortunate enough to not have witnessed alcoholism up close. Linda chugged down a bottle of straight vodka and a bottle of wine - would a person be functional after that to form sentences and move around like Linda was?

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Only watching Fridays now - while I can’t stand Linda on the booze I find Gina UTTERLY unlikeable. She is so so
So so so so pathetic.
---
Question as I’m fortunate enough to not have witnessed alcoholism up close. Linda chugged down a bottle of straight vodka and a bottle of wine - would a person be functional after that to form sentences and move around like Linda was?
Agree, detest Gina. She's actually the new Karen for me but at least Lorraine Stanley could act. The way she smiles at Dean makes my skin crawl.
I was saying this the other night, whenever anyone drinks vodka on soaps they never have a mixer, it's always straight from the bottle. Shirley was the vodka swigging queen though. Pretty sure I'd be in hospital getting my stomach pumped if I drank that much 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Really sick of the Linda alcoholism story but it is supposed to show a relapse
what about the help she needs for her trauma?
hope she leaves tbh as she can’t carry on living in a boozer, the character needs to sober up

Reactions: 6
So the New Year episode is just going to be about boring, frumpy Lauren’s return 🥱😴 Ive seen 2 adverts of it today and it’s been covered enough for me lol we don’t need to watch an hour of it surely.

Reactions: 13
So so so so pathetic.
---
Alcoholics can build up a hell of a tolerance. Although in my experience alcoholics don’t neck vodka straight from the bottle. It’s more common for them to drink things like vodka mixed with sweet stuff to keep them buzzed but relatively functional during the day. White wine is popular too. But Linda hasn’t drunk for a long time so she would have lost some of her tolerance by now.

Reactions: 9
I'm normally a 'dip in and out' of EE but been watching for the Suki/Eve drama but sometimes I get Peter and Bobby mixed up. 😊

• Haha
Reactions: 6
The Linda alcoholism scenes are a bit triggering for my husband and I because we’ve a close family member struggling with that type of addiction atm and the last few days have been pretty awful regarding that - they’ve had some pretty bad news. I usually turn my attention away when Linda’s on one.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
It would be good to see an alcohol dependence storyline that’s a little less swigging secret bottles of vodka and more getting through 3 bottles of wine a night and not realising it could be an issue - I feel like soaps always go for the OTT rather than the realistic.

EE seem to be pushing totally meh couples as icons at the moment. I don’t think anyone was bothered by Lola and Jay but they tried to make them some epic tragic love story and I don’t buy Whitney and Zac as a couple at all so if they write it so that Zac leaves with her I’ll be fuming

Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.