Eastenders #22 Canoe is up hit creek without a paddle!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lacey Turner got Our Girl which I thought might launch a fairly decent TV career, but then she just came back to EE. I didn’t know she went to Hollywood. She’s not a bad actor but that’s a stretch.

UK actors only seem to do well in Hollywood if they’re gorgeous or they have comedic talent. They just don’t really have the gritty roles. Even ugly roles are played by pretty people.
Or if they can play a villain well because Brits make the best baddies 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Martine McCutcheon had her big Love Actually role. But didn't she duck up by acting like a drunken harridan in front of some Hollywood studio heads? That was the end of her potential Hollywood career!

But I will love her forever for throwing up in Mick Hucknall's dreadlocks, forcing him to cut them. Legend!
She did the whole world a favour with that one!

Re Himesh Patel making it big, he’s not on the list of EE stars I would’ve pegged for stardom either. Yeah he’s a talented actor but so are lots of EE stars (not so much in the current cast lol) but that doesn’t mean you’ll get even a second look in Hollywood or even the British film industry. And being beautiful doesn’t always do it either, sometimes I think it’s just luck. It took him quite a long time after he left EE for him to get big film roles didn’t it? So maybe he just stuck at it longer than most.

Sorry but Bobbie Brazier doesn’t stand a chance in Hollywood or there West End, he’s not even an average actor, sometimes he’s straight up bad.

Reactions: 12
Martine McCutcheon had her big Love Actually role. But didn't she duck up by acting like a drunken harridan in front of some Hollywood studio heads? That was the end of her potential Hollywood career!

But I will love her forever for throwing up in Mick Hucknall's dreadlocks, forcing him to cut them. Legend!
It was Elton’s Oscar party. She got drunk and started pushing important people out of the way lol

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16

She was also in a theatre production of My Fair Lady that she was absent from a lot of the time because she was ill etc so the understudy did a lot more shows than she did. However at some theatre awards (it may have been the Oliviers) she ended up winning for Best Actress (or similar) and her co-star Jonathan Price was sat behind her as she got up to go on the stage and the look on his face was priceless as he couldn’t understand why she was even nominated in the first place, let alone won

Reactions: 8
Lacey Turner got Our Girl which I thought might launch a fairly decent TV career, but then she just came back to EE. I didn’t know she went to Hollywood. She’s not a bad actor but that’s a stretch.

UK actors only seem to do well in Hollywood if they’re gorgeous or they have comedic talent. They just don’t really have the gritty roles. Even ugly roles are played by pretty people.
I was thinking she did that show (never watched it) then I thought, oh, no, wrong soap star - that was Michelle Keegan. I guess because Michelle did it for longer it stuck in my mind more.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I was thinking she did that show (never watched it) then I thought, oh, no, wrong soap star - that was Michelle Keegan. I guess because Michelle did it for longer it stuck in my mind more.
I didn’t really understand what happened there, it got a second series and I presume Lacey would have had the lead in that. But before it happened she’d decided to come back to EE. I wonder if it wasn’t lack of success but just being comfortable in the job and missing the place that brought her back?

It smacked of throwing the towel in far too soon when she was doing okay for an ex soap star.

Reactions: 5
And if anyone feels like cringing, then watch the Goosebumps series on Disney plus. Got Keegan from Eastenders doing one of the worst American accents I've heard. His English accent just keeps slipping through.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I didn’t really understand what happened there, it got a second series and I presume Lacey would have had the lead in that. But before it happened she’d decided to come back to EE. I wonder if it wasn’t lack of success but just being comfortable in the job and missing the place that brought her back?

It smacked of throwing the towel in far too soon when she was doing okay for an ex soap star.
I think Lacey made the right decision staying with Eastenders. Better to have an ongoing steady job and income than quitting for one drama series.
She probably has a comfortable life and lives
quite near to the studios. Why give that up for a life of uncertainty as an actor? Even fairly successful actors can have long periods of unemployment.

Reactions: 21

She reckons she’s been out of the spotlight for a long time because of various chronic illnesses. Which sounds like a euphemism for ‘I’m a bleeping nightmare to work with and can’t even get Z list gigs’.

Reactions: 9
I’m normally like guys a bit younger. But there is something about Eastenders and it’s 50 something daddies 😂.

I’m looking at you Jack and Nish.
Don’t forget my Rocky
---
I think Lacey made the right decision staying with Eastenders. Better to have an ongoing steady job and income than quitting for one drama series.
She probably has a comfortable life and lives
quite near to the studios. Why give that up for a life of uncertainty as an actor? Even fairly successful actors can have long periods of unemployment.
I’ve always said Phil and Ian are living the dream.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Eastenders added the full scene 😂. The dramatic MUM! & ALAN! got me 😂.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I’m sorry but how can you compare Jack to friggin’ Roy Cropper 🤣🤣🤣 that’s proper cracked me up. Also we’re not all kids attracted to teenage boys. Some are older or just like an older man. And yeah Jack isn’t even that old, he’s still got it imo.
I don’t understand how my comment was taken the wrong way when I said this thread kills me im talking about it being genuinely funny that I like the thread!! Also I wasn’t comparing them at all I just was saying someone like Roy would be fancied in Eastenders but any other show he wouldn’t be looked at like that and I don’t know what it is Eastenders can pretty much make anyone the dream man even if they’re 90 and I’ve started to find characters in eastenders attractive cause of this thread that before I never would of noticed much which is great 😂. I don’t get why what is offensive ? I never said anyone should just be attracted to teen boys in the show or young adults cause I’m aware this thread is adults so nothing wrong with liking Jack or Ravi or whoever so I don’t know why you took my comment that way but if it’s how I worded it that’s my bad.

As for Jack never called him old as he’s not old and never called him unattractive I just quoted that persons comment to give my response because I found it funny what they said about Jacks jacket they made me laugh in a good way. I’m not going to come on a thread and police people on who they can fancy or not come on I obviously didn’t mean it that way but sorry if you took it that way.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I don’t understand how my comment was taken the wrong way when I said this thread kills me im talking about it being genuinely funny that I like the thread!! Also I wasn’t comparing them at all I just was saying someone like Roy would be fancied in Eastenders but any other show he wouldn’t be looked at like that and I don’t know what it is Eastenders can pretty much make anyone the dream man even if they’re 90 and I’ve started to find characters in eastenders attractive cause of this thread that before I never would of noticed much which is great 😂. I don’t get why what is offensive ? I never said anyone should just be attracted to teen boys in the show or young adults cause I’m aware this thread is adults so nothing wrong with liking Jack or Ravi or whoever so I don’t know why you took my comment that way but if it’s how I worded it that’s my bad.

As for Jack never called him old as he’s not old and never called him unattractive I just quoted that persons comment to give my response because I found it funny what they said about Jacks jacket they made me laugh in a good way. I’m not going to come on a thread and police people on who they can fancy or not come on I obviously didn’t mean it that way but sorry it was worded wrong.
IMG_6981.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Let’s not argue guys. We should just enjoy Jack instead.
28ABF7F9-DBE3-4A86-B06A-740AD8A65B5D.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Ha ha I loved Eve running all Catniss Everdeen I to the woods last night after Ravi told her to do one
---

As for Jack never called him old as he’s not old and never called him unattractive I just quoted that persons comment to give my response because I found it funny what they said about Jacks jacket they made me laugh in a good way. I’m not going to come on a thread and police people on who they can fancy or not come on I obviously didn’t mean it that way but sorry if you took it that way.
Chill for god sake lol

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.