Drag Race UK S3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What in the name of....

Watched it last night, I found Baga's performance AWFUL. The blatant favortism is vile. Baga says "Hi Ru" and he cracks up for 2 mins. Editing at its finest. The Kathy Bates character was shite. In fairness, JuJu had some funny moments, as did Mo.
All the rest were awful.

Don't get me started on Baga's runways. Didn't Ru annihilate past girls for wearing off the rack clothing? Baga literally went to the Joke Shop before this season aired, spent £100 and was done.
Shocking. I do think Mo will win. Anyone else at this stage would be a travesty.

Felt genuinely sorry for Pangina - BUT, saw online...someone made a good point. She eliminated the strongest competition last week...she played the game, and the game played her (although I personally think the reason she saved JuJu is because they're actually very good friends outside of the competition)

Reactions: 8
I get the whole "get rid of the competition!" stuff but at the same time, it has to be justified. Blu had four queens to choose from and realistically it was a toss-up between Janey and Jujubee going home. Jujubee should have been on her final strike.

Just a shame really. World of Wonder and Ru have been churning out series after series and it's the same type of queens, same challenges, no time to really get to know any of the cast, because there's another series to watch, and another, and another... and Pangina offered something different, the audience genuinely like her.

But the real tea is that Ru probably chose the winner from the beginning and it wasn't Jimbo or Pangina so they were never gonna win it :rolleyes:

When I watched the cast reveal I picked Lemon, Jimbo and Pangina as my top three.
View attachment 1083708
Ah Kennedy ❤

Reactions: 5
I get the whole "get rid of the competition!" stuff but at the same time, it has to be justified. Blu had four queens to choose from and realistically it was a toss-up between Janey and Jujubee going home. Jujubee should have been on her final strike.

Just a shame really. World of Wonder and Ru have been churning out series after series and it's the same type of queens, same challenges, no time to really get to know any of the cast, because there's another series to watch, and another, and another... and Pangina offered something different, the audience genuinely like her.

But the real tea is that Ru probably chose the winner from the beginning and it wasn't Jimbo or Pangina so they were never gonna win it :rolleyes:

Ah Kennedy ❤
Yeah, totally agree with all of this.

Pangina was a breath of fresh air, super talented and seemed like a really lovely person. Now we're just left with a load of saps!!
Imagine Ireland's Drag Race! GAS!

Reactions: 6
I'm not sure why they didn't edit Pangina when she was clearly upset, when the previous week they had done a full edit on Jimbo's outburst.

Timestamp 21.00

Reactions: 2
I’m not sure anyone has been watching the Roscoe’s view parties for the series (highly recommend!) but for a while the cast had been hinting at an unaired fight between Mo and Jimbo, and Mo finally spilled the beans on that as well as Jimbo’s elimination:
EC3ED7A5-23DB-4F93-9722-4EE9D0210D48.jpeg

I like Jimbo as a drag queen but I will admit that I get very sore loser vibes from them. iirc they made digs at how Priyanka wasn’t a worthy winner which could also explain their lack of relationship with Lemon prior to UKvsTW.

Edit: just saw that the video had been shared but here’s a condensed version for those who don’t want to watch!

Reactions: 4
I’m not sure anyone has been watching the Roscoe’s view parties for the series (highly recommend!) but for a while the cast had been hinting at an unaired fight between Mo and Jimbo, and Mo finally spilled the beans on that as well as Jimbo’s elimination:
View attachment 1084565
I like Jimbo as a drag queen but I will admit that I get very sore loser vibes from them. iirc they made digs at how Priyanka wasn’t a worthy winner which could also explain their lack of relationship with Lemon prior to UKvsTW.

Edit: just saw that the video had been shared but here’s a condensed version for those who don’t want to watch!
Yeah, I love Jimbo and their quirkiness but I definitely think they have a superiority complex. I just liked how different their outlook on drag was.

RPDR needs a major shake-up to breath new life into it. It's all just so predictable.

What in the name of....

Watched it last night, I found Baga's performance AWFUL. The blatant favortism is vile. Baga says "Hi Ru" and he cracks up for 2 mins. Editing at its finest. The Kathy Bates character was shite.
Omg yes! Ru's hysterical laughter whenever Baga speaks is awful!

Omg yes! Ru's hysterical laughter whenever Baga speaks is awful!
Ru's hysterical laughter full stop is awful.

You just never know what she is gonna laugh at, because I think every laugh is fake and forced. Like she just randomly decides when to activate laugh mode.

I've basically skipped this series because I can't get in to it. Did watch Snatch Game (also Ru, stop telling Queens who to do for Snatch Game), and Blu was actually the only one I enjoyed.

Just think Ru and Michelle both need to get in the bin and get some new blood to present the show and some desperately different producers and challenges because every series is copy and pasted from the previous.

This is honestly the worst season ever, Lemon - Cheryl - Jimbo - Pangina = absolute travesty.

Bring on RPDRUK S4 which I assume has already been filmed, edited and ready to go.

Reactions: 4
Bring on RPDRUK S4 which I assume has already been filmed, edited and ready to go.
They actually haven’t started filming yet as they’re either still filming or just finished filming Down Under S2. It’s likely that they will start filming soon though as they typically film UK in March/April. I believe the All Winners season will be the next one to air following UKvsTW and S14.

They actually haven’t started filming yet as they’re either still filming or just finished filming Down Under S2. It’s likely that they will start filming soon though as they typically film UK in March/April. I believe the All Winners season will be the next one to air following UKvsTW and S14.
Wow they’re actually doing a second series of Drag Race Down Under, that if nothing else shows they are willing to flog a dead horse at this point.

Wow they’re actually doing a second series of Drag Race Down Under, that if nothing else shows they are willing to flog a dead horse at this point.
I really liked Australia. Well, maybe not really liked - but I enjoyed it! Loved Anita, Keta and Electra. UK is defo my fav, although thought last season was shite.

Reactions: 3
I really liked Australia. Well, maybe not really liked - but I enjoyed it! Loved Anita, Keta and Electra. UK is defo my fav, although thought last season was shite.
True it did have good queens but the whole thing just fell flat I think.

I really liked Italy. Was really raw and full of drama.
Also, the guy that presents it is absolutely BEAUTIFUL (as a man).... (and a woman!)
Haven't seen Italy, will take a look. Thanks for the recommendation!

Can I just say, I love this thread because it means I don’t have to bother watching the show 😆

I really can’t believe how relentlessly they’re churning out spin off after spin off after spin off. I’m sure Ru’s retirement fund is already very healthy.

An AW season? Wow, people have been demanding that for YEARS and now it’s actually happened 😳

• Haha
Oh god I hope Down Under S2 is better than S1 the set & production alone was awful!

Ru & Michelle are both in London now as he was the guest announcer on Ant & Dec Saturday so possibly filming now??

I really can’t believe how relentlessly they’re churning out spin off after spin off after spin off. I’m sure Ru’s retirement fund is already very healthy.

An AW season? Wow, people have been demanding that for YEARS and now it’s actually happened 😳
i just googled ru paul net worth out of curiosity and found that there’s apparently some kind of fracking empire on the ranch they own, so definitely doesn’t need the money 😳

it’s exactly as @Platformcrocs said, there’s just too much of it now. you don’t get time to breathe between seasons and the queens just start blending into each other.

i’ve loved juju on all her seasons but she’s been so weak here that i fully believe they phoned her last minute because they knew she’d be in london and so she just showed up with whatever was in her suitcase. ru’s deep favouritism for baga is really starting to grate too.

Reactions: 6
i just googled ru paul net worth out of curiosity and found that there’s apparently some kind of fracking empire on the ranch they own, so definitely doesn’t need the money 😳

it’s exactly as @Platformcrocs said, there’s just too much of it now. you don’t get time to breathe between seasons and the queens just start blending into each other.

i’ve loved juju on all her seasons but she’s been so weak here that i fully believe they phoned her last minute because they knew she’d be in london and so she just showed up with whatever was in her suitcase. ru’s deep favouritism for baga is really starting to grate too.
Yeah, sure there was tit loads of controversy around the whole fracking thing. He's estimated to be worth around 100 million.

I don't like RuPaul. Right from Season 1, I just think he's at all genuine. Everything is so rehearsed. I can't warm to him at all.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.