Drag Race UK S3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can't quite believe S3 is already here! It's due to start in September but no official date yet - I'm thinking it'll be the second week of September after AS6 wraps up. Guest judges haven't been confirmed but Alan Carr and Graham Norton will be back on the panel.

Who do you like the look of so far? I've no strong feelings for any of them yet but it's hard to tell from the 2 minute preview we've had so far. Meet the Queens: https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p09r9sz2/rupauls-drag-race-uk-meet-the-queens-series-3

Reactions: 5
Three guest judges have been announced, Kathy Burke, Matt Lucas and Oti Mabuse.

Can't wait for Kathy Burke 🥰 she'll be amazing

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Oh wow. Kathy will not be afraid to disagree with Ru or Michelle. I can't wait!!

Of the queens so far I like the sound of River Medway and Victoria Scone

Reactions: 7
DRUK S2 kept me sane during lockdown, I'm so excited for S3! It's always hard to gauge who you'll love from the Meet the Queens vids.

Makes me so happy that a woman's competing. About time and I hope it carries on, drag's not owned by cis men.

Reactions: 11
I'm really looking forward to it.

Have seen some racist tweets from Charity Kase already, however. It's so ridiculous that queens are not properly vetted before these shows!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
I’m really not excusing using that language, but god, how I wish people wouldn’t deliberately search for a person’s Twitter name + [insert racial slur here] with the express purpose of finding someone to cancel.

I’m guessing they were young back in 2013-14. Again, not an excuse, but an explanation.

Reactions: 15
I’m really not excusing using that language, but god, how I wish people wouldn’t deliberately search for a person’s Twitter name + [insert racial slur here] with the express purpose of finding someone to cancel.

I’m guessing they were young back in 2013-14. Again, not an excuse, but an explanation.
Yeah, you're right the casting team should be doing this beforehand.

Being young isn't an explanation for racism, that many tweets aren't a mistake.

Reactions: 3

I just checked and they're 24, so this would have been when they were around 16/17. Not an excuse like you say but I do think a lot of it is teenage bravado. They should be told to sweep through their accounts beforehand though because there's a lot of people who seemingly want to catch others out.

It's always too early for me to call, I watched snippets of meet the Queens videos, I don't think anyone stood out (except for Victoria Scone but only because I saw a lot of discussion on twitter about her). I'll make my mind up after the first episode I think, I just hope that this series is as good as the first two!

Reactions: 2
I can’t wait for Kathy Burke’s episode on this. If they do her the dirty on editing I will be furious!

• Heart
Not feeling hugely inspired by any of them tbh. It's a bit disappointing there's so many who are either from or live in London. I'd like to have seen a broader representation from across the country.

I'm a bit drag raced out though I think. I've been watching the American one for years, then the Canadian and the UK version. I gave up on the Down Under one as it was boring and haven't watched All Stars either as there was noone in it I was particularly keen to see again. I got really invested in UK series 2 and absolutely loved Bimini but then spent months emailing and trying to get my money back after ordering from their store and never receiving it so it's completely soured it for me and I don't think I'll be as bothered again.

Reactions: 11
I’m Drag Raced out too. I don’t even enjoy watching it anymore (with the exception of UK2). I didn’t finish S13 and I’ve found AS6 incredibly dull.

I just find it all incredibly humourless now. What happened?!

Drag Race overload. Is saw a chart of drag race productions and the last couple of years has basically solid drag race at all times.

It's just too much.

Reactions: 2
I’ve started watching the US ones at 1.25 speed even on the bus cos it feels so drawn out

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.