Drag Race UK S3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The only way the series could be redeemed is if Pangina wins. None of the others have stepped up to the plate (aside from Jimbo, and, well, they're gone). Pangina is what drag is all about for me - elegance, talent and so effortless as well. We've seen so many queens being introduced via drag race over the last few years and I rarely get excited about any of them now, but Pangina was exactly what they needed on the main show.

Yet somehow they're protecting queens like Baga and yes, even Jujubee, who are coasting along with sub-par looks and in Baga's case, a stinking attitude to match. It's just not enjoyable to watch.

I started watching DR Spain the other week, a few people here recommended it - only two episodes in but loving it already. Think it really shows that it's time for Ru, Michelle and even Ross and Carson to move on. The judges on DR Spain are genuinely interested and the queens seemed so much more authentic.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Agreed. Cast was crap.

Where's Davina? Where's Thorgy? Where's Tammie Brown? Where's Keta Minaj?

There's only so much death drops/splits/shenanigan shite people want to see. Jimbo worked because he was so alternative.
Trinity the Tuck has been criticising the programme on Twitter for having no cash prizes. She said it's unreasonable to expect queens to shell out thousands of pounds of money on costumes etc with no prizes. So I wonder if a lot of US/Canada queens feel the same.

I don't think that Divina would be that interested to be honest, she seems to have a pretty solid career already.

I find Pangina really meh. I like her runways but I don't see much personality. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 2
I don't mind Ru and Michelle on the US show and I adore Carson (such a goose!) but I think the international versions should have their own hosts. Often Ru and Michelle have no idea what the queens are referencing and get harshly judged as a result.

However, the queens do seem to be thrilled when they have Ru judging so maybe they prefer having them. Jimbo was moved to tears last week after having a workroom talk with Ru.

Just a thought about not having cash prizes for the UK show. Some of the queens have been talking about getting a flat fee of 10k to help them prepare fabulous drag for the season, so they're still getting money.
Screenshot_20220217-120241-01.jpeg

My main question is, if that's true, what the hell did JuJuBee do with her 10k??

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
I don't mind Ru and Michelle on the US show and I adore Carson (such a goose!) but I think the international versions should have their own hosts. Often Ru and Michelle have no idea what the queens are referencing and get harshly judged as a result.

However, the queens do seem to be thrilled when they have Ru judging so maybe they prefer having them. Jimbo was moved to tears last week after having a workroom talk with Ru.

Just a thought about not having cash prizes for the UK show. Some of the queens have been talking about getting a flat fee of 10k to help them prepare fabulous drag for the season, so they're still getting money.
View attachment 1068555

My main question is, if that's true, what the hell did JuJuBee do with her 10k??
This is my biggest problem with Ru Paul Drag. It's no longer accessible for people. All this talk of spending thousands, even tens of thousands on outfits for a series, it's ridiculous. How can people enter the drag scene when they see these big queen's having to spend thousands like this.

Absolutely gutted with this weeks elimination. They were the only person really keeping me tuned into this series. Juju has been a bit of a let down, baga seems to have come with an attitude problem. It’s just a messy season with messy judging and now messy eliminations.

Struggling my way through this episode and this series. I'd just about given up on the RPDR format having been a huge fan around seasons 4-8. DRUK1 and 2 then breathed fresh life into it and brought us amazing talent but UK3 and this are just uninspired and badly produced. I don't think they should have had contestants who've been on multiple US seasons already and I'm not sure if they are protecting certain UK queens but I'm guessing they are and the show is all the poorer for it.

Still, am liking all things Pangina especially his grorgeus workroom outfit this episode!

Surprised that Mo is so bad at reading at this stage - guess you can't teach that.

Reactions: 5
I heard somewhere that the series will rotate host country each season but I’m not entirely sure how credible that is and if it’ll affect the prize in the future. They kinda fumbled by giving BBC3 the rights to the UK franchise, as a lot of queens don’t see the point of competing when they legally cannot offer a cash prize. Granted there’s nothing they can do about it, but it’s still a tit scenario nonetheless.

Reactions: 4
I could be wrong about this, but I heard that a show on the BBC can offer a cash prize IF it’s fronted by the production company, in this case WoW. And if that’s true then WoW are just being super super cheap.

I like Juju, and I’m not really crazy on Jimbo, but honestly Juju should have been sent home. They may have done a bit better on the challenge but overall they’ve been really lacking this season.

I could be wrong about this, but I heard that a show on the BBC can offer a cash prize IF it’s fronted by the production company, in this case WoW. And if that’s true then WoW are just being super super cheap.

I like Juju, and I’m not really crazy on Jimbo, but honestly Juju should have been sent home. They may have done a bit better on the challenge but overall they’ve been really lacking this season.
You're right. Because there are loads of BBC shows which offer cash prizes, god knows how many quiz shows on air now. Many game shows past and present do. So it's not the fact it's airing on the BBC in itself that prevents prize money.

Definitely wouldn't surprise me it was just WoW being cheap. I've got the impression that Ru Paul/WoW are just money grabbing in recent years with the endless amounts of versions, all stars, and endless number of seasons almost endlessly.

Reactions: 9
This is my biggest problem with Ru Paul Drag. It's no longer accessible for people. All this talk of spending thousands, even tens of thousands on outfits for a series, it's ridiculous. How can people enter the drag scene when they see these big queen's having to spend thousands like this.
The fact that it’s expected that queens turn up to the show with tens of thousands of pounds worth of bespoke outfits is exactly why this show has gone to tit. Earlier seasons were so much fun. I remember Courtney Act doing that runway with the enormous wing reveal and thinking that was kind of cheating. That was the first time I felt like a queen was using their money to get a step ahead of the others. It’s the norm now of course and has been for years, but back then it felt unfair.

• Heart
The fact that it’s expected that queens turn up to the show with tens of thousands of pounds worth of bespoke outfits is exactly why this show has gone to tit. Earlier seasons were so much fun. I remember Courtney Act doing that runway with the enormous wing reveal and thinking that was kind of cheating. That was the first time I felt like a queen was using their money to get a step ahead of the others. It’s the norm now of course and has been for years, but back then it felt unfair.
Yeah, I'm not surprised Trinity said this because a lot of her All Stars outfits were made by other people and cost her $$$, but the focus on polished, high-end looks doesn't really excite me at all.

Reactions: 4
I get Trinity's point but they too invested so much money in All Stars, all custom looks plus the surgery - pricey. Then again you've got Ru throwing a tantrum over "bleeping H&M"... 🥴

• Haha
Jesus what an awful snatch game. Juju should’ve been in the top over Baga imo. Lip sync was shite also but that was expected when the UK girls aren’t exactly the best when it comes to lip syncs. Also Ru being gagged over that pathetic cartwheel from Baga just shows the level of favouritism towards her.

I spoiled Pangina’s elimination for myself a while back but I was really hoping it wasn’t true, especially when there was a lot of inconsistencies with leaks this season. Definitely one of the saddest eliminations in the shows history, especially when you could still hear Pangina crying during Ru’s speech at the end 😢

I wish they would stop doing the “if you’re not in the top, you’re in the bottom” shtick. Pangina and Janey were definitely the weakest this week but it just feels like a desperate attempt for a shocking elimination.

Excited to see Jade back next week! I feel like a lot of the guest judges come off as extremely enthusiastic but you can tell that Jade really appreciates the art and enjoys herself. I actually wouldn’t mind if she got a permanent spot on the panel over Michelle.

Baga really keeps coming out on that runway looking busted as hell. How can you have Mo standing there in a stunning custom look that lights up and Baga is there in Amazon Prime's finest Halloween costume.

Ru's constant cackling at everything Baga said was vomit inducing. Her character was fine but give me a break with all that wheezing and cackling. Don't get me started on that lip sync "look" either - if you're gonna dress up as a woman at least make the effort. And the gagging at some terrible cartwheels? The level of favouritism... Too much.

All Star rules have had their time tbh, it's just not enjoyable or fun to see talented queens go home. I don't know if I'll watch it until the end, it's all fallen a bit flat for me.

Reactions: 13
Mo’s runway look was incredible tonight. Loved her Billy Porter too. Spot on!

Reactions: 8
That decision was trash and garbage.

Two exciting queens who made watching worthwhile gone in two weeks.

Reactions: 12
Mo’s runway look was incredible tonight. Loved her Billy Porter too. Spot on!
She didn’t deserve to be in the bottom.
I just can’t with Baga anymore, she will win this, or maybe Juju will at this rate.
The lipsync was shocking 😬

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.