Drag Race UK S3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Really warmed to Pick N Mix tonight - don’t get me wrong, it’s not a patch on the other girl group songs but they did great, Ella and River seem like they are starting to build confidence and hit their stride which makes me happy, Choriza is absolutely brilliant - my fav and my winner so far - she gives me adore vibes.

The double save - meh
Krystal - Meh

it’s not a bad season so far, but it’s nothing compared fo 1&2 at this stage

Reactions: 19
The way I laughed when River said they were a huge Steps fan...I went to see them 22 years ago. River would have been a newborn or quite possibly a fetus 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I enjoyed this weeks episode but it was a little predictable, of course the ballad was going to do better. The double shantay was also predictable af.
The standard this series seems really poor tbh, too many looks not enough talent. Obsessed with Choriza though!

Reactions: 10
I honestly thought the pop version would win when I heard the other was a ballad but Pick and Mix slayed it. The pop version sounded very dull. Had BDE (ah ah) stuck in my head all morning 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
The double save was such a cop out sorry I feel Ru really wants to keep Charity for some reason

Reactions: 5
I felt for Kitty being in that pop group, I thought she was fabulous and looked beautiful on the way too. I don’t particularly like Krystal but she gave it everything in that challenge despite not really being a performer so props to her, maybe she could warm to me eventually cos do think she looks great in drag.

If the category was Halloween Eleganza then Charity would win every week but I just don’t understand her drag - it’s not “drag” for me. For her, sure but I don’t think it fits in with Drag Race. Others have been kooky in the past - Yvie Oddly, Crystal Method but it was never this out there, they made it work and didn’t do it every week - I thought it was poor that they didn’t find a way to fit in to a group challenge looks wise. I appreciate how much effort they put into their outfits but yeah. Plus find them arrogant.

Scarlett for me was absolutely awful this week. I thought I liked Scarlett the first week but I find their confessionals very performative like it feels forced and fake and it’s putting me off her. She was a bit too arrogant when they were doing the singing but didn’t back it up? Personally think Scarlett and Charity both should’ve been going this week, didnt think Scarlett was a winner last week.

The ballad group are 4 of my favourites anyway and Kitty. So happy to see them doing well, Ella was fabulous and had me cracked up every time they came together in the performance for some reason! She was fab as Sporty Spice too. Hope this is the start of Ella’s reign.

I just love Choriza, Choriza can do no wrong in my mind. So so so funny, love that she asked why she was picked last. She’s just as I said, so unapologetically themselves and I am here for that. Absolutely love River Medway, same again - hope this is the start of their confidence and I thought Vanity looked much better this week too.

THAT WAS A WASTE OF A DOUBLE SHANTAY. Ru has literally only done that to keep Scarlett who equally did not deserve to stay. Such a cop out.

Reactions: 17
I keep forgetting Vanity Milan is even there. I just for her so forgetful and boring. Nothing memorable about her at all.

Reactions: 8
Totally agree on Charity...the thing with the other "quirky" queens like Yvie Oddly, Crystal Methyd and Sasha Velour (to an extent) is that they knew how to fit the brief for the challenge or runway. They weren't being weird for weirds sake. I don't think Charity knows how to do that and keeps shoehorning stuff in when it doesn't work - case in point with last night's challenge and runway!

Reactions: 14
Totally agree on Charity...the thing with the other "quirky" queens like Yvie Oddly, Crystal Methyd and Sasha Velour (to an extent) is that they knew how to fit the brief for the challenge or runway. They weren't being weird for weirds sake. I don't think Charity knows how to do that and keeps shoehorning stuff in when it doesn't work - case in point with last night's challenge and runway!
Yes this is exactly it! They always FIT THE GOD DAMN BRIEF! Charity desperately is trying to just do it and make it seem like it works when it really doesn’t. And both Yvie and Crystal for example showed something different but also did have times where they really changed themselves and showed the judges they were versatile.

Reactions: 6
I live for Charity’s runways but bored of seeing her whole arse. Vanity got so lucky this week, not sure how anyone could have amped up Posh’s minimalist look. I want a platter of Choriza May with a bottle of red every day.

Reactions: 8
Omg I like Scarlett but I cringed so much when she just forgot basically all her words 😱

Idk about that end result, both lip syncs good but not show stopping.

Also am I just over tired or is Lee Latchford Evans looking like a snack these days?!?!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I think Kitty is the one to watch. She seems to be able to do both funny and performance stuff, and glam too. Krystal has done so well before because she is excellent at pulling off culture looks and that's obviously her thing but I think she is going to struggle more with the snatch game and the comedy week if she gets that far. In fairness she is only 19 and lacks the life experience to have a wealth of material to draw upon their.

I'm also obsessed with Choriza. If she lasts as far as the snatch game and the stand up comedy week she ought to be brilliant then. Her and Kitty are definitely the funniest this year. I personally thought Choriza was unlucky not to be top three in the first week - her "art" outfit for the things she loves was incredible.

I also have a massive soft spot for River and Ella, although with Ella I want to see more personality. I also thought for a singing queen who has worked in major west end musicals, Ella didn't blow me away quite as much as I'd hoped in the girl band task (I was hoping for Courtney Act levels of belting). Overall though I find her really likeable. River is super likeable too and the biggest surprise last week as her singing kn the girl band task was decent.

Charity - not my cup of tea at all. Its performance art more than drag. Objectively talented but I just don't enjoy it personally.

Gutted Victoria Scone is no longer there. She was amazing. Fingers crossed she is back in future!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I've just seen the adult panto of Rapunzel with Ellie diamond, tamisha, TKB and alexis and it was brilliant. If they are touring near you, def get tickets! I didn't stop laughing!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.