Drag Race UK S3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Veronica Green makes a few interesting points
Hmm I agree generally, but bit much for her to say she has the talent when she went out on a DIY fashion challenge, which was (relatively) equal opportunities.
I’d also argue that a younger fandom have grown up knowing that they can learn to create anything looks wise via enough YouTube videos and enough trial and error. I don’t think Veronica put in the graft design skills wise 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 8
I'm not sure Veronica should have come back for this series (and she said so herself), she had a really rough year and it did show.

I agree with both points - there's a lot you can do yourself, but the standard is so high and you need custom looks to stand out. And they're expensive. I think a lot of the fans are so used to seeing such a high standard from the US queens or the big productions they're putting out but that's not what UK drag has ever been about (for me anyway). But it all costs money - makeup, wigs (usually custom made), outfits, accessories... it's simply not fair to say you don't need money to do drag.

It'll be a shame if DRUK goes the same way as US. Part of the reason S2 was so successful was because it was a bit messy and rough around the edges, but the talent was always there.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I'm not sure Veronica should have come back for this series (and she said so herself), she had a really rough year and it did show.

I agree with both points - there's a lot you can do yourself, but the standard is so high and you need custom looks to stand out. And they're expensive. I think a lot of the fans are so used to seeing such a high standard from the US queens or the big productions they're putting out but that's not what UK drag has ever been about (for me anyway). But it all costs money - makeup, wigs (usually custom made), outfits, accessories... it's simply not fair to say you don't need money to do drag.

It'll be a shame if DRUK goes the same way as US. Part of the reason S2 was so successful was because it was a bit messy and rough around the edges, but the talent was always there.
Yeah. One of the things I loved about the UK version was that is wasn't that polished.

Reactions: 9
I dont know if its because I haven't warmed too much to the queens but it feels too early to be doing the song challenge

For a pop song I really didn't like Kitty's group, it felt like such a mismash and Charity looked really out of place I get that she needed to keep her own personality in the look but she looked like she'd won a Blue Peter contest to perform with the other girls. Scarlett looked in pain during the performance as well?
The song itself isn't what I'd have expected for drag race and I think both groups did ok working with what they had but Pick and Mix are my winners for that challenge.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Honestly, I never expected to love the ballad more than the power song. But hey, power bottom ot speaks to me. The whole thing was a bit tit compared to either song for S1/2.

Krystal is boring me with her samey looks, but she appeals to Ru's polished style of Drag that is big in the US, but has very little personality for me.

Charity has more personality, incredible outfits, but Ru will never take her to the US. She ain't gonna be the winner.

I love Scarlett, but she fucked it up tonight. But I hope she bounces back.

I love River Medway so much, she's just so cute and sweet.

And Ella Vaday, I fall in love more and more every week!

Reactions: 17
My thoughts on tonight:
1. The right group won
2. You’re 22, you have not loved Steps the longest. I was 16 and a massive fan at their prime and you were a newborn!
3. Not bothered by the save
4. Disappointed neither lip syncer did the proper routine (and think Emma was too!)

Reactions: 13
My thoughts on tonight:
1. The right group won
2. You’re 22, you have not loved Steps the longest. I was 16 and a massive fan at their prime and you were a newborn!
3. Not bothered by the save
4. Disappointed neither lip syncer did the proper routine (and think Emma was too!)
im 23 and i can honestly say i dont remember steps, certinatley not from when i was a kid

Reactions: 2
I enjoyed that episode the most out of the whole season so far. The right group definitely won. When they said that they would be getting the ballad number I already knew they would do well. Much better suited to it than the pop number.

Reactions: 11
I know she didn’t have the best time in the recording of the vocals but oh my days I couldn’t keep my eyes off Ella during the performance. She was just perfection.

Also I’m so happy to see River on top, I definitely think she’s been slept on so far and Im hoping that this is the beginning of her stand out. Plus I totally loved her reaction to steps.

Personally I related a lot to her discussing her love for steps! I’m only 23 but they were the first band I ever got into and growing up, as soon as I knew what music was, it was always steps. It’s very sweet she’s the same.

Also I just love Kitty’s reaction to everything!! What an absolute darling

the double save was defo because they knew Scarlett fucked up but was too good to go so soon and charity hasn’t been bad, just pretty middle tier

The right group won.
Choriza was fab. Loved River too.
Odd that nobody ‘did’ Posh on the runway.

Reactions: 13
The right group won.
Choriza was fab. Loved River too.
Odd that nobody ‘did’ Posh on the runway.
i thought this too! Honestly I shouldn’t have been surprised that Ella did sporty because really I think she’s the perfect spice for her to recreate but at the same time, after seeing the first couple of queens come out, I thought it was going to all be emma, Geri and Mel. I could have seen Krystal doing Vic 100%

Reactions: 7
Oh and agree that Krystal is purely style over substance. I find her very unlikeable to be honest.

Reactions: 24
I loved the runway theme. Perfect. I would've been Baby too, she's the best.

Loved the lipsync song, I've danced many times to that one!

I thought Krystal was the best one in her group, my eye was always drawn to her. The kid is a natural and her ensembles this week were stunning. Michelle can duck off with her "I want more personality" bullshit.

Not surprised by the outcome. I am surprised that it isn't Snatch Game next week.

Reactions: 3
Oh and agree that Krystal is purely style over substance. I find her very unlikeable to be honest.
Me too. No humour, not a great deal of personality. Not really in the UK tradition, for me.
I love Choriza, Ella and River.

Reactions: 9
No song will ever beat U K Hun. Not a chance. Even my 4 year old sings it 🤣 he loves it 🤣 pick and mix deserved that win 🙌🏽

River has well and truly stolen my heart ❤

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.