Drag Race UK S3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
vanity seems a bit too cocky for me being so shocked she was in the bottom when her outfit was naff and I’m sorry but her wigs are busted they look like she’s got them from a fancy dress shop. I hope she steps it up because at the minute she’s not impressing me!
the wigs are not it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I'm not surprised Veronica went home. Her second runway look was a hot mess. And Vanity deffo needs to step it up because she is looking like the weakest of the bunch.

I'm enjoying the series but I don't think the queens are as good as last season. We were really spoilt with the quality of drag - Bimini, Lawrence, Tayce, A'Whora. Nobody really seems on that level so far!

Reactions: 12
I LOVE Choriza but sorry she should have been bottom this week. She just didn’t bring it and only managed to save herself with the story about her outfit

Reactions: 3
I LOVE Choriza but sorry she should have been bottom this week. She just didn’t bring it and only managed to save herself with the story about her outfit
The story should've been more obvious in the outfit. It's like a joke, if you have to explain the joke it isn't good/funny. Definitely should've been bottom.

Reactions: 3
I can’t help but feel they’ve scraped the barrel a bit this season, there are SO many queens in the UK, but they’ve picked these green babies who’ve based themselves on drag race, there’s no character! No soul…they’re a bit empty

Reactions: 11
How tit is this season compared to the last two omg..

Also I thought uk drag was supposed to be messy and a bit craplooking (not perfection) but with bags of personality and comedy..... but it's all about the instagram look and the judges really picking on things that I don't even notice half the time. Krystal has no personality, she couldn't put on a drag show. She's not funny. Baga, Lawrence etc funny and a bit messy looking but amazing

Reactions: 20
I'm not sure if this has been said on here already but I saw somewhere on reddit months ago that a member of production for DRUK S3 had said the whole thing was going to be crap. Apparently the entire series was completely rushed because COVID restrictions were unpredictable at the time (fear of another lockdown etc) and a lot of the challenges were filmed in 1 day and then they would move straight onto another challenge the day after. All of the queens were completely exhausted and burned out. I think this is pretty evident already and I'm actually contemplating sitting this season out.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
It really has dipped in quality, I am not sure what it is that isn't clicking this time around. I will stick with it, but it's Monday now and I've not even bothered watching last weeks episode yet! It's usually my Saturday morning ritual to watch drag race with brekkie (seeing as there's always a sodding series on somewhere 🥴)

Reactions: 7
I'm not sure if this has been said on here already but I saw somewhere on reddit months ago that a member of production for DRUK S3 had said the whole thing was going to be crap. Apparently the entire series was completely rushed because COVID restrictions were unpredictable at the time (fear of another lockdown etc) and a lot of the challenges were filmed in 1 day and then they would move straight onto another challenge the day after. All of the queens were completely exhausted and burned out. I think this is pretty evident already and I'm actually contemplating sitting this season out.
It's definitely looking that way. I get the fear of another lockdown but they should have just left it

Reactions: 2
How tit is this season compared to the last two omg..

Also I thought uk drag was supposed to be messy and a bit craplooking (not perfection) but with bags of personality and comedy..... but it's all about the instagram look and the judges really picking on things that I don't even notice half the time. Krystal has no personality, she couldn't put on a drag show. She's not funny. Baga, Lawrence etc funny and a bit messy looking but amazing
Totally agree! I really wish they’d had an iconic UK queen hosting instead of Ru because the 2 styles are absolutely not the same thing.

Reactions: 1
Have they used up the best of the UK drag scene in the first 2 seasons?
Are there many more famous or well known/respected queens yet to appear?
Would chucking in some from the Irish scene help?

I’d imagine state side there’s much more attending auditions (52 states to chose from) so therefore it’s more diverse etc.

Reactions: 1

I’d imagine state side there’s much more attending auditions (52 states to chose from) so therefore it’s more diverse etc.
I'd not be surprised if queens here were a bit more on the fence about going for it, you don't get prize money and you need a bit of capital behind you in the first place to get costuming sorted. They get paid in exposure, but not every queen who features is going to go further from appearing on drag race.

Then you add in the social media aspect, trolling etc - I can completely understand why some queens would just avoid it completely.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
There are some amazing drag queens in the UK but I think the problem is that a lot of them wouldn't translate well onto a big TV production through no fault of their own.

I'm just thinking of some of the queens in my local scene and they are hilariously funny, amazing lip syncers/dancers, actors etc but deffo would not have the money and resources to pull out some of the make up and outfit looks that is likely expected of them in drag race.

I also just think there is too much bleeping drag race seasons happening all at once :ROFLMAO: We all use to have to wait on a new season every year now there's like 5 different series happening at any given time.

Reactions: 15
Definitely needs to be a bigger break for Season 4. And more variety in the style of drag queens. British drag is much more varied than US drag.

And Ru Paul just needs to chill out on series of Drag Race, spin offs and international versions.

Reactions: 9

I’m convinced my friend who does drag is potentially going to end up on drag race UK at some point. If you follow any of the UK queens you will know who I’m referring to if I say that they went a bit viral with a video of someone saying to them that “Michelle will come for you” and all the UK queens were sharing their disgust and they’re very in with all the DRUK queens after hosting for a lot of them this summer. My friend is certainly not a look queen but is very funny and very talented - not just like your Krystal and Scarletts, very much classic drag like Baga and Lawrence for example. That’s what the show needs more of, not just high fashion because that’s just not the UK drag scene. Too many southern queens in this season for me

Reactions: 5
Even last series you had Tayce who was a "look queen" but Tayce was so much more than just that. Had bundles of personality too

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.