Drag Race UK S3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hmmmm. Not a fan of that episode.

Ru said that the queens disappointed her but it was a crap brief. I think they did all they could with a tit concept.

That said, I do agree with who went home.

Reactions: 5
The entire episode was a mess…. Both challenges sucked one was a boring redo and the other was just just plain weird..

The right person definitely went like many others here I’ve never really got charitys drag and by this episode I was bored by it. They weren’t going to last much longer anyway I don’t think. It’s a shame there’s no uk equivalent of Dragula because I think they could’ve done well there. I’m also quite bored of Crystal now it’s the se
Every time with her and I’m waiting for her to get called out for it

I do think this will be my last ever season though… unless they really mix it up with a new format new judges no ru and Michelle.

Reactions: 8
Im half way through the episode, struggling... i cant explain it but this season makes me so anxious! Its just so off and awkward to watch

Reactions: 10
Think it's time for Ru Paul to sashay away and let some British queen's host the show and let it feel more British in the humour and style.

Last edited:
Reactions: 21
Think it's time for Ru Paul to sashay away and let some British queen's host the show and let it feel more British in the humour and style.
Second this! My favourite seasons of drag race recently have been Canada and Espana. I think different presenters have such a fresh sense of enthusiasm and joy that they bring to the show which I sadly think is fading with Ru and Michelle. They've been doing drag race for so long now.

Reactions: 9
I was so bored catching up today that I skipped through most of the critiques and the lip sync just to see who left.

Reactions: 4
I've not watched the last two episodes. It's a combination of UK3 not being as entertaining IMO, and being totally drag raced out.
Since January 2020 we've had:
RDPR S12
Secret Celebrity Drag Race
All Stars 5
Canada's Drag Race S1
Drag Race Holland S1
RPDR S13
DRUK 2
Drag Race Down Under S1
Drag Race España S1
Drag Race Holland S2
All Stars 6
DRUK 3
Canada's Drag Race S2

That's a tit ton of seasons that pretty much have the same challenges, ideas, and runways. No wonder this one is falling flat.

They need to slow it down

• Wow
Reactions: 21
Second this! My favourite seasons of drag race recently have been Canada and Espana. I think different presenters have such a fresh sense of enthusiasm and joy that they bring to the show which I sadly think is fading with Ru and Michelle. They've been doing drag race for so long now.
They also have a very specific brand of humour which honestly feels tired and old. You can be funny without degrading and humiliating yourself for laughs, it doesn’t always have to be “silly”
The acting challenges are poor

Reactions: 4
Snatch Game next week! Joan Crawford was mentioned tonight…?
I was mortified that she kept getting the quote wrong. I was surprised Ru didn't pull her up on it. Everyone knows it's "no wire hangers" not "no wires hanging". Maybe she's getting mixed up with Joan Crawford the electrician.

“No wire hangers! No wire hangers ever!” The line, from the cult classic movie Mommie Dearest, staring Faye Dunaway as the overbearing and slightly psychotic actress Joan Crawford.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I was mortified that she kept getting the quote wrong. I was surprised Ru didn't pull her up on it. Everyone knows it's "no wire hangers" not "no wires hanging". Maybe she's getting mixed up with Joan Crawford the electrician.

“No wire hangers! No wire hangers ever!” The line, from the cult classic movie Mommie Dearest, staring Faye Dunaway as the overbearing and slightly psychotic actress Joan Crawford.
I didn’t notice that! I feel I must hang my head in shame as I can practically recite the entire script of Mommie Dearest.
‘BARBARA PLEASE. PLEASE BARBARA!’

It’s refreshing though that a young one like Scarlett knows who Joan Crawford is. I struggle nowadays to find anyone under 30 who’s heard of Joan, Bette etc;

Yeah that was so awkward…was deeply embarrassed for her

• Haha
I've only just watched the episode. And Christ, what a mess. Awful, awful challenge. River Medway reserved a badge for her Runway look alone. It was flawless. She is stunning. And I love her.

Reactions: 13
Ru is going senile or something 🥴 I've been fed up of him for a while but he adds no value whatsoever to UK drag race. He just doesn't get the humour and he's too set in his ways to even try. It's bad enough the Queens don't even get any monetary reward (I know that isn't Ru's fault) but honestly what's the incentive anymore?

Reactions: 12
One of the reason this season sucks is the challenges so far could’ve been done by the Americans or in fact any franchise. There’s been nothing that’s been true British popular culture. Last night sucked because the uk just doesn’t have the type of infomercials that America does. It was always going to suck and be overdone. There frame of reference is that challenge from previous seasons. UK needs a big big shake up if it wants to succeed long term or a rival show is going to pop up offering UK queens something better.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
It's the way they were going on about both teams not being "original" enough. Every series of drag race has the infomercial challenge and we've had about 100 different series this year so of course its gonna be hard to do something different.

The brief was crap too, I've no idea what they were expected to come up with. It was the same with that exercise challenge earlier, the brief wad vague and I don't really know what they were trying to do with it. I'd rather they freshened up the challenges and gave us something that hasn't already been done to death but I guess it's easier for Ru to have a go at them instead 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I haven't even been arsed to hunt for a stream, and seeing comments that Ru has a go at the contestants just leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth. That Joe Black thing was awful.

Reactions: 6
I’ve had enough of drag race tbf. This season is flat and rushed. Missed it when it was one season a year, now it’s constantly shoved down our throats that the magic has gone. Haven’t even had time to digest the S2 queens properly. Also unfair for the girls on the show who don’t get the time they deserve off air. They wait months for it to show and by the time they’re booking gigs a new season is out.

Reactions: 11

that was the joke. it was a play on words relating to the wires of the alexa - no more wires hanging , as in the wires of the Alexa would be wireless or have tidy wires.

Reactions: 14
Ru repeatedly going on about chorizas 'meaty tuck' was so uncomfortable, once was strange enough to mention but to repeatedly do it?? looked like choriza was a bit uncomfy with it as well.
Ru is really grating on me this season, and lets be real if she was on her own show she'd be kicked off after 2 weeks.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.