Drag Race UK S3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Acting/Rusical challenges can get in the bin too - we need more design and creativity challenges like the old days!
The design challenges of the early seasons were the absolute best.

I think Drag Race US peaked with season 6/7 and nothing has been as memorable since then, same with all-stars. It's too many seasons, too soon.

Even 6 months with no drag race would excite fans again but there's many versions for that to happen now.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
What am I sick of is Ru. This thing he does now of laughing hysterically at the slightest thing (I guess he's worked out that if he can encourage things to become memes, it is more money for him). Sick of his demented shriek laughing tbh, it's so boring.

Acting/Rusical challenges can get in the bin too - we need more design and creativity challenges like the old days!
The acting and rusical challenges are often total shite! So badly written and pointless.

Totally agree about Ru. I'd love someone like Bob to take it over. I'd also love to see the back of Michelle.

Reactions: 8
The fake shriek laughing is so tiresome now. It’s obvious that Ru rarely wants to interact or get to know the queens. It’s just easier to ask them a question and then start shrieking at every mediocre response they make 😅 Just phone it in every episode and bank that cheque 💰

Very occasionally Ru will become genuinely animated, and that’s when you know he’s actually enthusiastic about someone.

Reactions: 13
I can't stand Michelle Visage, I thought I was the only one. 😀

My least favourite challenges are Rusical and.. snatch game. Everyone seems to love snatch game but it does nothing for me at all.

Reactions: 6
I can't stand Michelle Visage, I thought I was the only one. 😀

My least favourite challenges are Rusical and.. snatch game. Everyone seems to love snatch game but it does nothing for me at all.
Snatch game could be good, if they edited it less I think. And got rid of Ru as well. It think it needs to be more unedited, and more footage shown. I always feel like we don't see enough of the queen's comments and jokes etc.

Reactions: 5
I feel like Snatch Game doesn't work as well in the UK because of Ru, he doesn't get the majority of UK humour and pop culture. Imo Ru shouldn't be hosting drag race in the UK anyway I don't mind Michelle as much because she spends a fair amount of time here and is getting to know UK culture but it seems like Ru doesn't make the effort

Reactions: 17
The acting and rusical challenges are often total shite! So badly written and pointless.

Totally agree about Ru. I'd love someone like Bob to take it over. I'd also love to see the back of Michelle.
I can’t agree with this more. I find the humour so low brow and unfunny - they just feel so cringe and slapdash to me. I really miss the old create something from nothing challenges - ones that show range and talent.
Snatch Game is so subjective for me - like I don’t think the humour translate over here, even more so snatch game of love in all stars.

Canada did a pretty good job of adapting it to their cultures and UK has started trying to morph into US versions and it just doesn’t work.

Also secretly hoping for VS to go tonight - I don’t get the hype and I cannot warm to her in the slightest.

I read several queens say snatch game is heavily edited and their best answers often arent shown.
It was noticeble in the down under series and more so in UK that Ru just doesnt get the humour and so just laughs manically.

Reactions: 10
Spoiler tagging as it's the evening of. Sad that Veronica's gone. She had a certain authenticity that made her stand out. Loved her dressing gown work room look in this episode, made me smile. And Victoria was a frontrunner so I'm not sure who the exciting talent is now, really. Krystal's hardly on the level of The Vivienne, Divina, Bimini or Lawrence. That said.... I liked her looks this week.

Reactions: 7
I don't think Krystal has an original bone in her body. She is very polished at what she does but you can kind of see it coming after watching so many years of drag race.

If she gets to the final, I think the prize could actually stop her from getting the crown as what type of show could she actually make? I thought the same with season 2, Lawrence was a much better winner for the prize in question, even if you didn't think he deserved the overall crown

Reactions: 12
Found myself about to drop off during tonight's ep:sleep::sleep:there wasn't a stand out queen imo

Reactions: 7
Found myself about to drop off during tonight's ep:sleep::sleep:there wasn't a stand out queen imo
was a strange one wasnt it- nobody really stood out for me except Choriza with her back stories but the judges didnt get her.
All seemed a bit flat and I was so sad the perskn who left did.
Really wasnt keen on charity kase initially but theyve grown on me as the weeks have gone on.

Reactions: 11
I'm still enjoying Kitty and Charity, they're my favourites. I thought Krystal and Scarlett did well too.

A lot of the outfits were rough though. Not surprised by who shantayed away, she'd been underwhelming for me so far.

I can't stand Ella. I don't know why everyone thinks she's hot, I find her so basic.

Reactions: 2
Krystal is the wish version of Aquaria for me. That was a well known look she pulled out in season 10 which was original then.

I’m quite shocked by the exit - I actually enjoyed her lip sync a lot more and thought it was more authentic - classic drag race though you getting caught with your pants down for being the hero helping everyone else.

I thought the outfits were really poor on a wholebar Scarlett, Charity literally had half an outfit. It’s becoming like season 3 of drag race for me and quite boring

I’m really not excusing using that language, but god, how I wish people wouldn’t deliberately search for a person’s Twitter name + [insert racial slur here] with the express purpose of finding someone to cancel.

I’m guessing they were young back in 2013-14. Again, not an excuse, but an explanation.

After watching this week’s episode, and I am not making excuses, but it was around the time Charity moved to London and was infected with HIV. Charity may well have been influenced by the wrong people, and at 17 would have been very impressionable.

Reactions: 4
I loved Veronica last series but she never seemed to get going this time, definitely seemed dull.

I LOVE Choriza! Very much my kind of queen.

Reactions: 8
I loved Veronica last series but she never seemed to get going this time, definitely seemed dull.

I LOVE Choriza! Very much my kind of queen.

I wonder if that’s down to how quickly production turned around between s2 and s3. I don’t imagine there was much time
To properly prepare mentally and financially be able to create a whole seasons worth of runway/challenge looks.
I also Wonder if she was still feeling off after testing positive and had been wiped out with covid. It’s a shame though but if we ever get UK all stars it would Be great to see her back when she’s in a better position to prepare

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.