Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

smellsofbiscuits

VIP Member
Yeah but her returning look wasn't great
I did wonder if her finances might have been hit during Covid. She's a touring musicals actor and that's an industry that has been utterly floored by Covid. Plus she's only done drag for a year so might not have the costume reserves built up by the other queens.

Reactions: 9

Imainlylurk

Robbed! I like Lawrence but Bimini was the major talent of the season! What I don't get is the narrative of the second half of the season was so clearly Lawrence faltering and doubting himself and Bimini going from strength to strength so....wtf? Did they think Lawrence would be better for the TV show or what?

Still a great season, and lovely to see all the queens onstage dancing together. Had huge respect for them all after watching Queens in Lockdown and seeing what they've all had to deal with. Heartwarming way to honour a season jam packed with talent!

Reactions: 8

IndominusRex

VIP Member
Sorry but theres no way Cherry had those looks with her on the show! She had a massive glow up after leaving

Also I think Ginny needs to step away from social media
I think Cherry was probably too busy nursing to make a whole set of new costumes just for socials.

• Heart
I AM SO MAD WHAT THE FUCK

Bimini is drag race royalty through and through!

Thank you for saying this I couldn’t agree more, at least make the favouritism less obvious:sleep: Lawrence’s attitude as we got closer to the end really pissed me off, can’t just drop the whole running order from Ellie can you? Also tiny little thing but I noticed Lawrence not clapping when Ellie was sent to the back of the stage ... funny cos I thought you were meant to stick together being Scottish and ‘bezzie mates’ and all that big speech you made (yes I know could be editing etc but I just don’t like her vibe one bit). Seeing her struggle to think of her own dance moves and having a little strop doesn’t make you the next UK Drag Race Winner, sorry just my opinion.
I mean I get maybe to American judges/audiences the Scottish accent might be really funny but when you’re from the UK you are literally surrounded by Scottish people so it’s not a novelty ffs 😭 yes I get Scottish people can be HILAIRE and Lawrence did have her moment tbf, it just bugged me she would say ‘hi ru Paul’ and Ru would be like HAHAHAHAHAOMFG - know your audience!!

also did anyone catch when Alan or graham made a reference to Claires Accessories and ru and Michelle were pissing themselves - I was like bitch do you even know what Claires is? 😂 do they have it in America?

I do really cringe at Michelle trying to act like she is a fully fledged British person throwing out any welsh name she knows ‘is Newport near the valleys?’ Imagine being like ‘oh is LA near New York?’ 😂😂

• Haha

Platypusfattypus

VIP Member
.I'm happy with the winner. I'd have been happy with any of the top 4 tbh though did think Tayce and Ellie weren't as strong. Bimini started off shake but then pulled out some amazing challenges and looks, whereas Lawrence started off strong and stayed strong

It's a shame the hate online has started. I agree with Vivienne. It's a TV show.

noseybirdxo

VIP Member
I’m really late to adding my thoughts to this cos I hadn’t realized there was a new thread!! I was really not fussed on who won out of the top 3 as in I would of been happy with any of them winning and can totally see why Lawrence won. That being said, based on the final episode and the final episode alone I actually think Tayce was the best on the night alone. I think I wanted Bimini and Tayce to win more mind you.

Also Lawrence winning just means we can have Bimini and Tayce on All Stars soooooo whose the real winners here? US!!!

smellsofbiscuits

VIP Member
Not sure if it’s being mentioned but Divina De Campo does a fabulous podcast talking to all the eliminated contestants. So many of them have being left skint or reliant on partners.Joe Black sold half all his runway looks unaware she’d be back as most relied on live shows to make their living.

Queens in lockdown changed my opinion so much, it’s such a shame the footage wasn’t in the main show
Yes, that extra show was quite illuminating. Veronica was very open about her depression and who could blame her? I was made redundant after being on furlough for most of lockdown but luckily OH can support our family. But it was still hard to have a job and income taken away from me. I can't even imagine what the entertainment industry is going through.

I'll have a look for that podcast. Love Divinia after seeing her host a drag show in Glasgow. Lovely, warm person but much smaller than she looks on TV ☺

Nopesorry123

So... Anyone else upset about the drag race finale?

I spoke to my mum this morning and she is so disappointed. Tayce was her favourite and she really wanted her to win. She can't stand Lawrence, oh at all, but I explained that Tayce had won our Queen of Hearts so she'll be fine in the long run.
I don't think it would change tayce's life to have won as they are so confident in their drag and such a super star, they will crush anything they do. Should be noted that tayce actually did have equal badges to Bimini and Lawrence as she took the reigns for the Bing Bang Bong performance and got all of her team members a badge.
Truly wonder if they felt Lawerence would spiral without that win.
Bimini was robbed.

Last edited:
  • Haha

BashmentLady

VIP Member
Ahm just looking forward to seeing what they do with it. I think for nearly all of UK2 I've watched each episode atleast twice.

• Heart
I’m disappointed with the winner. I won’t be tweeting my disappointment because it’s unfair to her but I wish any of the other 3 won instead.

Reactions: 7

Spanner

Chatty Member
I watched the beginning then raced to the end

Meh. Knew he was the favourite but do not get it. My Scottish friends are happy though! Coming second hasn’t stopped BagaChipz being everywhere so hope BBB gets a fair crack at it

Squiggle

VIP Member
Yes, but that’s not to their faces? That’s my point, I’d never seek one of the queens out to say “You were not my winner” on their Twitter as some people have been doing. I can’t understand caring enough about a tv show to say it to their faces or say it a month later
I agree. I have a WhatsApp group with my friends about drag race where we share our opinions, same as on here. I would never go onto twitter and hound people for how I feel.
That goes for every thread I follow on here. Just because I have opinions doesn't mean I'm then going to go and message the person. If they look for it here, that's down to them 🤣

Cosmicpixiesb

I think the next UK series should drop Michelle or Ru (or both). Jodie Harsh was briefly on the show and I could see her becoming a full time judge
I'd love to see Tayce present it - such a natural on TV!

Super disappointed with the winner. As everyone else has said, I was never excited by their looks and didn’t like their attitude either. Ru clearly decided they were the winner from the start. I cringe so hard whenever Ru starts screeching with laughter when they’ve barely said hello just because sCoTtIsH aCcEnT LOLOL

Anyone else notice Ru’s spaced out look during Tayce’s interview? He clearly didn’t have a clue what she was saying and kept looking at Michelle for translation. I was wincing watching it. Time for some British judges please!
So odd as he doesn't have what I'd class as a strong accent either myself being Welsh born, lived in England half my life, Cardiff the rest!

Squiggle

VIP Member
I think most of the cast will do well now that the series has ended. Pretty much all of them were genuinely likeable and very talented.

Bimini was probably a bit too "edgy" for Rupaul and I don't think he knew what to make of them. That's one of the issues with having Rupaul judge the UK edition, and a lot of references flew over his head, but it's his show I suppose. But you know what you're getting with Lawrence and they're more classic drag.

Sad it's over now! Next years series has a lot to live up to...
I think Lawrence will be easier to manipulate too to what they want their show to be. Bimini wouldn't do things they didn't want to do.

I will miss it so much. US is still here but who are they?! 🤣

Reactions: 6

IndominusRex

VIP Member
I assumed it was Danny Dyer who was supposed to be there and did think that was an odd choice 😂
Is Veronica confirmed for series 3 now? I hope so. She and Tia were my faves!

Reactions: 6