Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

whatstheteab

VIP Member
Just finished

Despite their wins at the start of the competition, I’m baffled as to how Lawrence ended up winning? Based on the lip sync alone I was certain it would be either Bimini or Tayce. I really can’t see this result going over well.

Reactions: 19
I'd be happy if any of them won to be honest, but Bimini just has a the x-factor for me.

This has been my favourite season of Drag Race ever. It's really made the current US season seem so dull in comparison. Just love the UK queens' sense of humour and chemistry. 🇬🇧❤

Reactions: 19

orlyb1310

VIP Member
It’s crowning the queen that had the same boring silhouette and makeup week in week out instead of the queen that has pushed boundaries more than any other for me!
I keep doing the spoiler wrong and having to delete but its the winner consistently being the worst in all three challenges tonight for me.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

orlyb1310

VIP Member
Idk about you but my top 3 were Bimini, Tayce and Awhora (honourable mentions to Cherry and Veronica for both going too soon🖤🖤)

• Heart
Reactions: 18

grace28

Chatty Member
I did wonder if her finances might have been hit during Covid. She's a touring musicals actor and that's an industry that has been utterly floored by Covid. Plus she's only done drag for a year so might not have the costume reserves built up by the other queens.
Not sure if it’s being mentioned but Divina De Campo does a fabulous podcast talking to all the eliminated contestants. So many of them have being left skint or reliant on partners.Joe Black sold half all his runway looks unaware she’d be back as most relied on live shows to make their living.

Queens in lockdown changed my opinion so much, it’s such a shame the footage wasn’t in the main show

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17

tapestry73

I AM SO MAD WHAT THE FUCK

Bimini is drag race royalty through and through!

Tonight my bf watched with me for first time and said ‘why did they laugh when all that one say was hi babes?’ I said ‘oh cos she’s Scottish so apparently literally EVERYTHING she says is hilarious’
Thank you for saying this I couldn’t agree more, at least make the favouritism less obvious:sleep: Lawrence’s attitude as we got closer to the end really pissed me off, can’t just drop the whole running order from Ellie can you? Also tiny little thing but I noticed Lawrence not clapping when Ellie was sent to the back of the stage ... funny cos I thought you were meant to stick together being Scottish and ‘bezzie mates’ and all that big speech you made (yes I know could be editing etc but I just don’t like her vibe one bit). Seeing her struggle to think of her own dance moves and having a little strop doesn’t make you the next UK Drag Race Winner, sorry just my opinion.

Cosmicpixiesb

so Tayce critiqued for needing more emotion ... Aka only one not to cry to camera. Nailed that challenge was like they purposely ignored the "mesmerising" comments.

aaliyahplz

VIP Member
I don't agree with bashing the winner on twitter and I know how nasty some drag race viewers can be but surely the backlash is an indication that it was the wrong decision?

RobinsNest

Chatty Member
I really like Lawrence until the covid break. I thought he was the run away winner. But after the break, it's like he got too big for his boots. He's come back assuming he's going to win- he wants to be a tv personality and seems to think he's owed the win.

I didn't like Bimini the first episode, really thought they were going. I really want them to win. I think it's a total 50/50- I think the producers wanted and were expected Lawrence to win and weren't expecting Bimini to dominate after the break.

The judges have been so harsh on Tayce. Several undeserved bottom places. She's just delightful. I thought she was really bitchy in the beginning but really warmed to her. That accent just makes everything ok! Ellie's so so good, in a couple of years, she could have been won this.

Beastenders was the best acting challenge they've ever done. Every single queen in it was amazing, usually there's several who just bomb. That was an impossible one to judge. In the US one, Ru reamed out one of the girls who didn't know her lines, Lawrence should have had the same treatment but was really good in the final cut.

Spanner

Chatty Member
But you’re doing that here. You are commenting 😂
Yes, but that’s not to their faces? That’s my point, I’d never seek one of the queens out to say “You were not my winner” on their Twitter as some people have been doing. I can’t understand caring enough about a tv show to say it to their faces or say it a month later

Reactions: 16
I really like all of the finalists but to say I was shocked at the outcome would be an understatement. I definitely had the same thoughts as a lot of us did about who would take the crown. Side note though, I thought Ellie looked absolutely gorgeous in that final runway. Her hair, make up and dress looked so pretty. I loved watching Tayce tonight too. She killed the choreography and it was great to see her enjoying herself.

Reactions: 15

Clickbait

VIP Member
Call me a bitch but sorry what are those boobs? Bloody halfway up her chest, Drag Race UK royalty though:unsure: ... sure Jan.

View attachment 489522
You’re a bitch... You asked for it! 😂 This look is much better than the final runway sportswear... And eye makeup looks better too. I was roaring when she was slagging off young Lawrence’s hair which was better than Drag Race Lawrence’s hair!

• Haha

Platformcrocs

VIP Member
Either Lawrence or Bimini could have won that and it would be deserved.

I'm pleased for Lawrence as they're a local queen, they've worked hard and genuinely talented. I thought Bimini improved so much after they came back from lockdown whereas Lawrence lost their footing a bit, but tbh they were both so strong and it could have gone either way. Kinda disappointed to see people hating on twitter yet again - Lawrence doesn't have to be to your taste but that doesn't mean they're not talented, nor does it mean that your favourite queen sucks.

Tayce was amazing in this episode though and what a brilliant dancer. I really like Tayce and feel like they were overlooked but it must have been quite difficult to get a look in when Bimini and Lawrence were winning so many challenges.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Platformcrocs

VIP Member
Yeah, it was clear that Ru favoured Lawrence, if not the other judges....but at the same time the strengths of Bimini were highlighted week after week, so it's a strange editing choice is my point.
The editing was very hit or miss. Bimini was doing extremely well after lockdown but i feel like they were quite quiet and not being given as much airtime for some reason. Lawrence's editing was odd too, they were made to look like they were falling apart towards the end but clearly that wasn't what Rupaul saw 🤔 even last weeks challenge, Lawrence was made to look a total mess but was completely fine in the final cut.