Dr Laura GP #2 will sell ya SPF for the right fee but on the beg to reno the gaff for free

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Back home, back to horrible clothes. I try not to comment on peoples appearance but how is if possible that this one once had a job in fashion?

Reactions: 2
Back home, back to horrible clothes. I try not to comment on peoples appearance but how is if possible that this one once had a job in fashion?
I really wonder about that too?🤔but I’d say she’s very good at embellishing….. well we know for a fact she is

Reactions: 1
Her skin looks dreadful, one week of not looking after it and that happens? So much for her miracle skin care regime
Off to get new teeth from Slaine smiles, that ain’t cheap!
Another couple of nights away from the kids

Reactions: 7
€100 for an online skin consult. You don’t even see me with your own eyes to touch my face, and you want €100 just to see me on screen. And then €€€ for creams. I don’t
Care what training Victoria has had from brands she is not a medical professional or beauty therapist. She was doing admin and packing orders and now because they can see the money in this she is doing treatments. This is bat tit crazy stuff

• Wow
Reactions: 11
€100 for an online skin consult. You don’t even see me with your own eyes to touch my face, and you want €100 just to see me on screen. And then €€€ for creams. I don’t
Care what training Victoria has had from brands she is not a medical professional or beauty therapist. She was doing admin and packing orders and now because they can see the money in this she is doing treatments. This is bat tit crazy stuff
So, what is Victoria's qualification? I remember taking the train to university from home in 1st year. I was doing medicine, and one of my school friends was doing beauty therapy. The amount she had to learn was huge! Lots of theory, exams, practical skills. And that was over 20 years ago before there were so many peels and devices in every place. She makes it sound like she was just some kind of apprentice learning from Laura...who is hardly international trainer level herself.
No wonder she's raking it in if you can't have anything done without a paid consultation with her. I'd pay that if I were seeing a dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Not for some inexperienced GP with notions and commission to earn.

Reactions: 9
So she works 1.5 days a week? She’s not booked out the other days with 15 appointments available in an afternoon like….
omg she’s suuuuuch a cowboy! €100 to talk about spending more money on lotions. Who are the eejits paying for this? Also, this is definitely not funding her lifestyle, seems more like a hobby???

And when did hotels in Dublin get so expensive?
Eh you’re staying in a blue book hotel for 2 nights for an appointment that will cost over €1000 a tooth during treatment, which you’re getting done for the second time.
Showing off money when the cost of living has increased so much and so many are struggling is just such a horrible personality trait.

Attachments

Last edited:
She seems to be on the receiving end of a lot of dinner plan cancellations by her friends....

Reactions: 9
So she works 1.5 days a week? She’s not booked out the other days with 15 appointments available in an afternoon like….
omg she’s suuuuuch a cowboy! €100 to talk about spending more money on lotions. Who are the eejits paying for this? Also, this is definitely not funding her lifestyle, seems more like a hobby???

And when did hotels in Dublin get so expensive?
Eh you’re staying in a blue book hotel for 2 nights for an appointment that will cost over €1000 a tooth during treatment, which you’re getting done for the second time.
Showing off money when the cost of living has increased so much and so many are struggling is just such a horrible personality trait.
Sorry am I reading this right? €100 for 5 min online consult

Reactions: 3
So, what is Victoria's qualification? I remember taking the train to university from home in 1st year. I was doing medicine, and one of my school friends was doing beauty therapy. The amount she had to learn was huge! Lots of theory, exams, practical skills. And that was over 20 years ago before there were so many peels and devices in every place. She makes it sound like she was just some kind of apprentice learning from Laura...who is hardly international trainer level herself.
No wonder she's raking it in if you can't have anything done without a paid consultation with her. I'd pay that if I were seeing a dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Not for some inexperienced GP with notions and commission to earn.
It's actually egregious. Clearly Victoria will now be doing a huge glut of appointments (peels, microneedling) to ensure the money keeps rolling in. I am not taking from the girl, and there is a lot to be said for highly experienced and accredited beauty therapists.....but she is not that after one year working as front of house and administratively. She's clearly done a few of the skincare brand trainings or whatever. Will her qualifications be on display in clinic? Even insurance wise, it seems like a playing with fire situation to me.

100 euro for a cursory (online?) assessment from a very recently qualified (and barely practising) GP with a couple of skin certificates is scandalous. She also has a very strange approach to organising her work. Even to say today "oh just opening more dates for June and July now cos I had other stuff to work out firstly" shows where her priorities lie, and this seems to be her established approach. Holidays, "self care" appointments, trips to Dublin to learn how to be a girl boss or whatever and get her teeth done take precedence. Then open whatever remaining days in clinic. Somehow she's still obviously making money from it and people are actually attending her. I remain completely mind blown by this 😂😂😂🤯🤯🤯🤯

Sorry am I reading this right? €100 for 5 min online consult
It's 100 for 35 mins. The five minute intervals there would disappear if you booked, say, the 2.30. Still criminal in my opinion.....for her!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I wouldn't send my goldfish to her for a skin consult I am a health care professional and her lack of knowledge is actually scary and I still do not understand how she is so loaded is it still bank of mum and dad I wonder

Reactions: 4
She has really taken this diagnosis of gallstones as some sort of moral failure 😂 The defensive response to someone politely questioning whether a takeaway was a good idea with multiple stories condescendingly explaining the biology behind gallstones and their associated symptoms (as though they're a particularly complex medical condition little understood by the masses, which they just aren't). Noting how HER gallstones (whose existence "don't make sense" in her case anyhow) are completely unaffected by food choices and she doesn't experience any pain related to food consumption. I mean, jesus. Just ignore the message if you're that triggered. 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
She has really taken this diagnosis of gallstones as some sort of moral failure 😂 The defensive response to someone politely questioning whether a takeaway was a good idea with multiple stories condescendingly explaining the biology behind gallstones and their associated symptoms (as though they're a particularly complex medical condition little understood by the masses, which they just aren't). Noting how HER gallstones (whose existence "don't make sense" in her case anyhow) are completely unaffected by food choices and she doesn't experience any pain related to food consumption. I mean, jesus. Just ignore the message if you're that triggered. 😂😂😂
Like, it's not a moral judgement! It's just...physiology. Fatty food hits your stomach, hormones released, gallbladder contracts to squeeze bile into duodenum to digest the food. Contracting with stones in = more likely to move to neck and cause colic! Not an entirely unreasonable question.

Reactions: 8
Like, it's not a moral judgement! It's just...physiology. Fatty food hits your stomach, hormones released, gallbladder contracts to squeeze bile into duodenum to digest the food. Contracting with stones in = more likely to move to neck and cause colic! Not an entirely unreasonable question.
Exactly......trying to make out like there is no correlation between the pain and what you eat (and just eating full stop if you've got them) is just ridiculous.....the pain may not present immediately after you eat but it is still postprandial pain!! Like, eat what you want, it's your body and your situation. The person was probably genuinely doing what your family or friends might say in the same situation, "Hmm, you just got diagnosed with gallstones, you really sure you don't want something a bit more plain for the moment so you don't irritate the situation more?"

I haven't personally had them (yet.....😬) but I know if I've had a bad stomach etc. or reflux, I'd keep it light for a bit. It's just basic common sense. My very slim, sallow mother had them in her 20s and my (okay, overweight and pale) sister in her 30s also. They both had pain after eating with them (esp. if it was too fatty or heavy). But no, Laura is a medical anomaly and a special case. 😑😑😑

Reactions: 3
Exactly......trying to make out like there is no correlation between the pain and what you eat (and just eating full stop if you've got them) is just ridiculous.....the pain may not present immediately after you eat but it is still postprandial pain!! Like, eat what you want, it's your body and your situation. The person was probably genuinely doing what your family or friends might say in the same situation, "Hmm, you just got diagnosed with gallstones, you really sure you don't want something a bit more plain for the moment so you don't irritate the situation more?"

I haven't personally had them (yet.....😬) but I know if I've had a bad stomach etc. or reflux, I'd keep it light for a bit. It's just basic common sense. My very slim, sallow mother had them in her 20s and my (okay, overweight and pale) sister in her 30s also. They both had pain after eating with them (esp. if it was too fatty or heavy). But no, Laura is a medical anomaly and a special case. 😑😑😑
This ++
I think they were actually kind of trying to be helpful! In a been there, done that way.
And even if it's gastritis (can be hard to tell them apart), take away wouldn't help either. And can be hours later! My weight has fluctuated so almost surprised I don't seem to have any yet - weight loss can precipitate so it's not a fat woman thing!

Would be exactly the same and tend to go bland and simple if there's irritation.

Reactions: 2
Why is Laura speaking at an every mum event? She can hardly be there as a gp since she isn’t practising much family medicine. Hardly there to sell expensive skincare and skin treatments to mums.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.