Dr Jessica Taylor #3 Everyone's favourite moon-howling guru

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I mean with SAs permission, perhaps its a case of writing to every MH trust in the country and showing them screenshots that have been shared?

And book shop - i mean waterstones for instance have been very swift to remove gender critical views.

The other thing is - if SA was distressed at the time of consent, should JT done a capacity assessment to see whether SA was actually in a position to consent? It's a huge thing to take consent from a person who is distressed.

Reactions: 7
I'd love to be proved wrong but I have zero faith that the BPS will do anything, as we have seen already. This has been discussed at length here. I'd genuinely be delighted if they did but 💁
We, the public, clin psychs, counsellors, therapists, researchers, journalists and etc, will continue to share the truth, raise concerns and put pressure on the BPS, publicly. Their email “explanation” to SA is utterly deplorable! I have actually been a member of the BPS for many years purely for research and conference purposes. Today I have cancelled my subscriptions to all divisions. I have no doubt this whole mess will be reported in the media soon enough.

I mean with SAs permission, perhaps its a case of writing to every MH trust in the country and showing them screenshots that have been shared?

And book shop - i mean waterstones for instance have been very swift to remove gender critical views.

The other thing is - if SA was distressed at the time of consent, should JT done a capacity assessment to see whether SA was actually in a position to consent? It's a huge thing to take consent from a person who is distressed.
She isn’t qualified to do any sort of capacity assessment. She is not a qualified practitioner, nor does she do any clinical work. I doubt JT even knows what constitutes capacity.

Reactions: 9
Unfortunately they are a threat to academia. If they can get away with this level of consent and BPS back them up then what precedent does that set? How can any potential future participants trust researchers?
That was an attempt at sarcasm. I know how appalling Jessica is.

We, the public, clin psychs, counsellors, therapists, researchers, journalists and etc, will continue to share the truth, raise concerns and put pressure on the BPS, publicly. Their email “explanation” to SA is utterly deplorable! I have actually been a member of the BPS for many years purely for research and conference purposes. Today I have cancelled my subscriptions to all divisions. I have no doubt this whole mess will be reported in the media soon enough.

She isn’t qualified to do any sort of capacity assessment. She is not a qualified practitioner, nor does she do any clinical work. I doubt JT even knows what constitutes capacity.
I have no doubt she would still have the front to say SA had capacity to make the decision for her personal story to be published in the book and that she, Dr Jess, was able to assess this herself.

Reactions: 8
I think the quote about the 2nd book is probably more pertinent to this situation. Even if you wave it under her nose she will dismiss it and block you 💁Her and her fringe are Teflon coated.

Several people on here have made the point about her misleading people with the idea that she is either medically trained and/or has clinical training. It's entirely deliberate on her part.
She wrote about Rosie Flatman in her second book without consent even the publisher admits it but JT has been mainly silent about it instead preferring to go after Sally Ann

Can anyone point me in the direction of JT fictional CV please

• Wow
Reactions: 4
She wrote about Rosie Flatman in her second book without consent even the publisher admits it but JT has been mainly silent about it instead preferring to go after Sally Ann

Can anyone point me in the direction of JT fictional CV please
According to the Wiki on here her CV is available on her LinkedIn profile. Someone here had also downloaded it. Maybe they can share. Think that there's more than one in circulation.

I didn't know that the publisher had acknowledged that Rosie Flatman account was used without her permission. Do you have a link for that please?

Reactions: 1
According to the Wiki on here her CV is available on her LinkedIn profile. Someone here had also downloaded it. Maybe they can share. Think that there's more than one in circulation.

I didn't know that the publisher had acknowledged that Rosie Flatman account was used without her permission. Do you have a link for that please?
They passed this complaint on to JT who assured them she had consent but the publisher clearly says no consent needed as not identifiable but it seems JT word was enough for the publisher RoseEmpower called JT out privately and got no response despite JT bombarding RoseEmpower with numerous messages about SA once she knew Rose had recognised Rosie in the book she went silent on them both.

Attachments

• Sad
Reactions: 2
They passed this complaint on to JT who assured them she had consent but the publisher clearly says no consent needed as not identifiable but it seems JT word was enough for the publisher RoseEmpower called JT out privately and got no response despite JT bombarding RoseEmpower with numerous messages about SA once she knew Rose had recognised Rosie in the book she went silent on them both.
Ah, yes. I remember now. Ugh, all this avoidance of the lack of consent about using survivors stories by a woman who calls her company Victim Focused is outrageous and absurd. She's a liar and a hypocrite.

Reactions: 6

Her CV is available online somewhere - yes someone downloaded it. This is her LinkedIn: https://uk.linkedin.com/in/dr-jessica-taylor-5667351b2

Reactions: 2
It’s not true that ‘all investigations found it hadn’t actually happened’, and Jessica is more aware than most about the important distinction between that and lack of evidence.

As for not retaliating and stooping so low… her lack of self awareness is seriously concerning.
I was literally writing that first bit almost word for word as you posted. I’ve not seen one single investigation state that it hasn’t happened.

And does anyone know why the burden of proof seems to be on SA not JT? Far harder to prove that consent wasn’t granted than that it was?

As for retaliating and stooping or whatever, it’s ironic that writing that is retaliation in itself. Rather than have the guts to actually interact with anyone she just blocks people and writes things about this situation without ever explicitly mentioning the situation (and deletes and blocks if anyone brings it up).

I’m angry that she’s profiting, platformed, gaining exposure, writing more harmful stuff outside her field, apparently training people, and goodness only knows what else, and the organisations that should be holding her to account are too cowardly to do anything about it!

• Heart
That’s the watered down version I mean the full on full of tit CV
Here it is.

The full of tit CV was swiftly removed from the Internet immediately after it was discussed on here. But have no fear, I've found it 😆
Shell probably kick off saying it's doxxing, with the argument that she removed it, as is her right. All while refusing to remove Sally Anne's blog post

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Her latest tweet timing is interesting "Learnt late last week I earned out of advance for my books - both books that are under question for sharing survivor stories".

What a day to post that on - salt in Sally-Ann's wounds?

• Angry
  • Sick
Petty bs as per usual. Hollow and shallow.

Probably feeling verrrrrry wounded that bps at least acknowledged her consent practises could be better.

Reactions: 7
Why would anyone be glad the bullshit investigation had a bullshit conclusion? I trust my own eyes and what I can see over whatever bullshit the crackpot BPS want us to think. When I was a researcher, if a participant was showing distress we would’ve basically done whatever they asked within reason because that’s the right and ethical thing to do, regardless of the legalities - you’re not entitled to someone’s story, if they ask you to take a blog post about them down you damn well take it down! I’ve actually heard some very dodgy things about Birmingham from colleagues at unis in the Midlands but this all really calls into question whether she had any research integrity or consent training for me, there is absolutely no way I could’ve left my PhD with the training I had and think this behaviour is okay. She is absolutely bloody disgusting.

Reactions: 11
"Every single woman in my books" is still in touch with me....

Yes, even just as a person. My friends ask before putting up pictures of me on Facebook, why would u ethically feel it's OK to have a person's narrative and words up when they don't want it? It's inhumane.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.