Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Sally-Ann

Hi everyone,
I’ve know about this for a long time but only had a proper in depth look through the last few days,
ive been struggling to see photos of her etc. so I’ve avoided looking.

But I have been kept updated with any supportive messages that’s been posted here.
I just wanted to say for myself I am SO thankful. Knowing people have seen this for what it is and stood by me, believed me, it truly means a lot! I’ve felt validated because somtimes I have questioned myself & felt really paranoid.
I just really wanted everyone who is supporting me know I am genuinely so thankful & that support has helped me see there are many decent professionals/people who would never dream of doing what she’s done.

I’m also standing with and feel love towards those who have said they’ve been affected by her too.

There’s some other avenues I can explore to try be heard. But at the same time the fact people are now talking about it, seen my evidence & shared their own stories is incredible. Please keep talking about this within your networks - because ultimately too it’s not just about me, I am so terrified other survivors/victims stories can be easily exploited. I’m terrified they will be retraumatised like I have. Consent, clear consent, informed consent is incredibly important, more so to abuse survivors. I also fear the gaslighting, bullying etc. survivors may face like I have. I am fortunate I’ve had support to recognise that behaviour from JT, but they’ll be many who won’t and that’s incredibly dangerous. It truly makes me sick to my stomach the hypocrisy, the denial, the fraud. It scares me that the ones who look up to her are looking up to an abuser. All she and VF project, talk about and preach, when they do the opposite. It’s dark and it’s incredibly concerning.

I’ve come across people who’ve said they’re ashamed they were ‘sucked in’. Please don’t be, it’s not your fault. Abusers know how to manipulate. People have also said they’re ashamed because they’ve hurt me for initially supporting her. Please know I don’t see it like that. I trusted her, I was sucked in, that’s why I shared my story in the first place. What matters now is you do everything in your power to help survivors stay away from her and VF.

I was so terrified when I got the response from the BPS, I was terrified it meant no one believed me, that it made me look like a liar. I have no idea why the BPS didn’t do anything - only that she will have had a full legal team, they’ll be loop holes everywhere. It made me so glad I’d posted it all online, cos I’d have been completely silenced otherwise.

Again, I am truly thankful and humbled. Who would have thought little old me would cause such a thing but also be backed by people who don’t even know me?! It’s really what’s kept me going and kept me alive to put it bluntly.
Take care x[/B]

• Heart
Reactions: 49

HereForTheLols_

I am a senior lecturer at a Russell Group university. She really is not an academic. She has no properly peer-reviewed journal articles or books, peer-review here meaning multiple, anonymous reviewers where the work is published eventually (once it has passed usually two to three rounds of peer review) in a journal that includes lots of other articles by other academics. She doesn't ongoingly work in academia. It takes years and years of hard work, often going from associate lecturer, to lecturer to senior lecturer etc to succeed in academia and gain the latter title. So, for her to just 'whack' senior lecturer on her CV is so offensive to those of us who have grafted so hard over the years to climb up the academia career pathway, often working for tiny amounts of money when you start out for years and years.

To say that she supervises and teaches on doctoral programmes must also be a huge lie. There is no way that someone with ZERO official published peer-reviewed work be allowed to supervise EVER (a PhD thesis is not necessarily a publication hence why people publish from their PhD findings), since you need to be deemed an academic expert in your field to do so and that means having HIGH-QUALITY, high-impact research. She'd be a huge risk to any university because of the PR mess that surrounds her.

Also, she did her PhD via a slightly easier route which is via multiple publications, instead of one long, huge study into one topic. This is often deemed not quite as difficult to achieve.

I just don't see how she can at all call herself an academic and it's frustrating to those of us who win maybe one grant every few years or publish one high-quality article in a top academic journal once a year (which is a normal amount when aiming for quality over quantity like showing off about writing FOUR books at the time ... which means sweet FA in academia. You are far better off writing one really good one that everyone can cite from!). She is like colonialising a profession she does not belong to and taking all the good bits like the title of lecturer, without having to do any of the hard bits like extensive peer-review process for ANY publication, working your way up the career ladder from starting salaries of like £15k as a PhD student / part-time associate lecturer like so many of us have had to do. She just flaunts her holidays with all her wealth which has presumably come about from all these donations.

It is frustrating to get a few views of your own papers during the dissemination process whilst she gets hundreds of views and followers just from being able to 'talk a good game'.

There is drama everywhere she goes and so it cannot be that everybody else is wrong and she is right ... every single time.

N.B., sorry for any typos here.... I am writing this on the go and secondly if I have got anything wrong I am sorry but those are my thoughts from the headlines and CV reading I've read on here.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 28

umnothatsnotokay

New to posting on here. I used to support Jessica, but became increasingly uncomfortable with her content, picking up many of the red flags discussed in these threads. Watching her behaviour towards Sally Ann on Twitter was the point of no return for me. Unprofessional, unethical, defensive, and certainly not feminist.

The gloating, smug, inappropriate posts recently ‘celebrating’ the lack of evidence re: Sally Ann’s case is what has pushed me to the point of coming on here. I have been thinking a lot of Sally Ann and the impact this must be having on her.

I am not alone – many friends and colleagues in the VAWG sector and feminist activism have been uncomfortable with Jessica for some time now and at this stage I’ve struggled to find anyone who supports her anymore within VAWG. Talking to them over the past few months, recurrent topics / areas of concern are her blatant lying and abuse of Sally Ann (no surprise), the lack of connected and co-ordinated work with other organisations – VF operates as lone wolf in the sector, the extortionate cost of training when requested by voluntary women’s orgs – often cancelled at short notice, and the numerous and repeated cancellations of webinars and other events (what happened to the conference?), often with no reason provided, or the excuse that Jessica is overwhelmed and suffering due to the ‘abuse’ she receives online (this in particular leaving many stumped as there is little evidence of this harassment online). The disappearance of MOCRA, her other fundraising activities and her unprofessional and defensive approach to reasonable criticism online have also raised red flags with many feminist activists and VAWG professionals.

I know someone who left VF over the past year. What I know now about the way Jessica operates her business – particularly in relation to the treatment of her employees - is deeply disturbing given her influence and carefully crafted public image as an ethical feminist challenging systemic oppression. The level of hypocrisy, entitlement, poor management and shoddy leadership is actually astounding. Jessica is very much a strong functioning part of the system that she claims to want to dismantle.

The stories that have emerged from ex staff are the tip of the iceberg. Jessica is not even aware herself of some of the worst of her behaviour and the impact it has had – as oblivious as a grandiose narcissist. I note the ex staff on this thread (brave women, thank you!) and their input – completely in line with what I have heard and seen. There is more to be revealed in that regard, if and when those women feel safe enough and ready to do so.

It was my friend who pointed me in the direction of TL. Is it true that this is apparently the vitriolic, misogynistic bullying that Jessica so often highlights she is a victim of? I could never see it on social media (unless from the odd MRA). I certainly don’t see it here. If this is what she considers bullying she has no idea of the very real, damaging, life altering abuse that many women experience online.

If Jessica finds being pressed to be accountable so utterly traumatising, that says a great deal about her character.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Jessterday

The fact that she's not said a word to me, despite her being able to easily figure out who I am, shows that she's just a pathetic bully who only targets people she thinks she can silence.

Reactions: 24

AccidentalAcademic

Guys I need some help... Being threatened by Jaimi unless posts are removed. Is anyone willing to report my posts to get them deleted?
I can understand why this has panicked you, given how aggressive her online persona is and her habit of trying to orchestrate pile-ons on anyone who expresses even a hint of disapproval. But if there is one thing that is abundantly clear by now, it's that she's all bluff and brag, no substance. According to her, the police were going to charge Sally-Ann and confiscate all her devices. That never happened. It was a story spun to frighten anyone who might challenge her and to convince her fans that she's in the right. Many of those fans will only believe her because it boggles the mind that anyone would tell such audacious easily disprovable lies. Now she's going after you because she knows who you are IRL and she finally has a target for the tantrum she's been throwing over this thread, which she knows is a comprehensive expose of all her lies, disingenuousness, and profoundly unethical behaviour. I doubt she has even called police - that was said to twist your arm. If she has, she's at risk of being labelled a time waster, as another poster has said. And clearly Jaimi is doing the dirty work because Jess wants plausible deniability should this backfire on her. She's just a common or garden bully underneath all the bluster.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
View attachment 1583116

View attachment 1583117

This is so creepy to me. Jaimi is a fangirl turned wife.
"It's not grooming or abuse, we got together when she was 21, and saying she can't consent to a young marriage is belittling and treating her like a child. We MET when she was 16 it's not like we were licking each other's clits" (yes that is the phrase she used.) Yet at the same time Johnny Depp took advantage of Amber Heard by getting together with her when she was young and a fan of his, even though she was an adult. Which is it?

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 21

AccidentalAcademic

No shame what so ever. Still trying to frame this whole thing as being “hated” for no reason when people have very clear reasons for disliking her behaviour, the first being that is unethical the second for exactly things like this, always trying to hide behind untruths on social media.
There is also the obsession with status and success. How does she define "doing better"? None of the clinical psychologists or academics who are concerned about her behaviour are giving soundbites on sensationalist Channel 5 programmes, but as impossible as it may seem to Jessica, we wouldn't want to be - clickbait content is not an effective way to reach the public, and we would not want to oversimplify complex topics and contribute to the myths and misunderstandings that surround our areas of expertise. (For this reason people tend to be cautious about their media engagement - a colleague was contacted by tabloid rags to comment as a "body language expert", but she turned them down because it's not actually possible to tell what Meghan Markle is thinking by scrutinizing her posture.) And with the exception of CPs in private practice, none of us are likely to be earning as much as Jessica, but money isn't a mark of success for many people either. If it were then the shortage of NHS CPs would be far greater, because private work is so much more lucrative. But for people who are committed to the principle of healthcare that's free at the point of access, a fatter pay cheque =/= success. Once again Jessica doesn't seem to grasp that the things she values (money, getting her face on TV) are not universal goals.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

timesup

By the by, I have been reading on here for months but have kept my opinions to myself because you all have such a good handle on what Jessica is really like. I have known Jessica for a long time, from before she sought sycophantic fame and power by preying on vulnerable women. Everything you have detailed here is spot on; she is one the most manipulative, narcissistic attention-seekers I have ever had the misfortune of knowing. Absolutely nothing that comes out of her mouth, or keyboard, is true. She will lie, twist, gaslight and tear you down if she doesn't believe you agree with everything she says or does, or when she is 'done' with you. Well, what goes around comes around. The posted article is excellent, and I thank the bravery of the women who have come forward.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
What post are they claiming is 'doxxing'?
'Be good or be good at it' - they get so much joy from intimidating others. Maybe someone should report Jaimi to the police for threatening and intimidating people who haven't committed any crime.

Reactions: 20
Title by @alphaspagbol from a suggestion by @butterjamcream. Jess's wiki is here.

Recap: Jess is on yet another five-star honeymoon so is running out of content and has had to keep dredging up stuff she wrote years ago. She did, however, take the time to publish an inappropriate and irresponsible article about suicide, where she also made the false claim that The Samaritans have trained crisis counsellors on hand. All this has left her with little time for Twitter. Or is it just because Sally Ann has been sharing evidence of harassment by Jess, along with confirmation from the publisher that it is indeed SA's story that Jess used in a book without consent?

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I'm really sick of this abusive manipulative narcissist.

I'm so sorry to see her bullying those who speak out and understand why this would be alarming but please rest assured that she has no power here and nothing to report. I find it laughable that she was so anti-police, with the legitimate criticism of the police response to rape victims leading her to advise women not to report to the police necessarily. Yet it seems she has the police on speed dial to report anonymous internet posts about her, a self proclaimed public figure as someone else has said.

The latest post on FB is advertising how affordable their training and courses are compared to others in the sector and now offering klarna!!! So unethical.

I hate that I was previously sucked in too but I have 100 percent seen the light.

She plagarises others' ideas, portrays herself as this beacon of all knowledge and radical pioneer, completely ignoring all the work that has come before and been done much better, never engages with genuine critique. Her treatment of SA and others is despicable. I really want this to be brought further to light. I don't want her presence to increase on Netflix etc.

• Heart

Concerned_Person

I hope SA challenged that as the ICO aren't people to mess with, neither is HMRC who I hope is also looking at her questionable company activity
SA has been fighting on all fronts. And major organisations like BPS have let her down. She's done an incredible job of not giving up, speaking out, and challenging as much as she possibly can, at the expense of her mental health.

I think it would be understandable if she didn't challenge it and didn't have the energy to go to the ICO.

So much of this has ended up on her - largely because that's how JT played it - but it feels like it's time for others, in privileged positions, to start picking up the fight. The focus needs to be on JT and the numerous, numerous ways that she's unethical and unkind. There's nothing to stop academics/clinicians/whoever from contacting BPS/News outlets/all those listed on her website/police forces/NHS places/publisher/agent/anyone else who seems relevant. They might not listen to SA, but they might listen to a deluge of professionals. SA needs time and space to heal. And needs to know that she can take a break without that meaning that JT gets away with it all. Other people can help to maintain that momentum now.

• Heart

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
I know that healthcare professionals aren’t meant to diagnose people on TV etc but whewwww the audacity of Jess to lecture anyone about professional obligations/ethics 😬

Reactions: 18

Gingerfattie

Chatty Member
It still bamboozles me that a person like Jess, with no clinical qualifications, can do a programme like this with a person who is clearly emotionally distressed. I’ve just watched the clip where Jess presents herself as the therapist/saviour, ‘let me explain your trauma to you’. It’s bullshit and these tv execs should be doing their bloody due diligence. They wouldn’t do a programme on a diabetes and get a total charlatan on would they, there’d be a GP or district nurse explaining things and bobs your uncle job done. Mental health? Not important enough!! We’ll get any one with some letters after their name who thinks they sound important and repeatedly says ‘psychotic’ or ‘trauma’ repeatedly 😡

I also realise this is quite a rant! 🤣

Last edited:
  • Heart

AccidentalAcademic

It's interesting that of all the things that have been said about Jess, the one thing she holds onto us a)untrue b)something that will get her the most sympathy.

Trying to say SA is just a blatant lie. She is relying on no bothering to check facts.

Again, as always, who is she talking to? None of us will believe the shit she's saying, nor SA supporters. It's just to illicit more sympathy and sell some more books off the back of it.
She's panicking because she thinks her facade might be crumbling. She says she hasn't publicly responded to the complaints made against her because she's too "professional" to do that, but of course she has responded publicly - her social media is a sea of passive-aggressive vagueblogging (sometimes just plain aggressive vagueblogging) interspersed with rants about her many grievances: the fact people don't hail her as a genius, the jealousy of other feminists, etc., etc. The only reason she hasn't identified the exact criticisms that have been made is because she is afraid of being exposed. It's easier to convince people that she's the victim of some nefarious plot providing it all stays vague, just as it's easier to convince them that she's a therapist providing it all stays vague. For example, if she were to say, "Julie Bindel was concerned by my behaviour to Rachael Williams," then a lot of feminist eyebrows would be raised, simply because people know Julie's work, and agree with her or disagree with her, she's never anything but courteous. I've seen a couple of activists who disagree with her on almost every point commending her for her sense of fairness. People just wouldn't have swallowed it if Jess had made it clear that feminist academics who previously had a lot of time for her are now sceptical. They would have at least asked why. The constant vague accusations of homophobia and whatever else prevent that from happening. This is presumably why Jess never subjected Rosie Flatman or Rose Latham to the treatment she has bestowed on Sally-Ann - they are too well-qualified academically, better able to spot false claims for what they are, and they hold too much credibility within their fields. Far easier for her to attack and monster a far more vulnerable woman in far more precarious circumstances. She's now urging the fans after Sally-Ann because she believes that a severely traumatised woman who is yet to earn a degree is far less credible than herself, and that she can shut down Sally-Ann's persistence simply by lying at an ever-increasing volume. It just makes her look even more unprofessional than she did before, which is saying something. I don't think she realises just how appalled practising clinicians are by her behaviour over this. Literally nothing she has done in this situation reflects well on her. As an earlier poster pointed out, the people who are supporting her are those who believe that it's A-OK for a researcher to use whatever they like in their work, and if victims don't like their stories being included, it's their job to protect their own confidentiality by shutting up. Someone who has the respect of people who don't care about the most basic research standards isn't going to have respect from researchers and clinicians who know what ethical research is meant to look like. She's trashed her own name very effectively.

CuriousTherapyCat

Just seen latest FB/Insta post.
She asks “where have all the feminists gone?”
Erm… you blocked most Jess! Others have unfollowed you and don’t agree with your actions.
Gosh, the ego!

• Haha
  • Heart

empowered1

They are very selective about who they message JT messaged someone asking her to stop other people from tweeting about the SA stuff. It’s pathetic

The fact that she's not said a word to me, despite her being able to easily figure out who I am, shows that she's just a pathetic bully who only targets people she thinks she can silence.
You are right. She bullied and trolled Sally Ann yet no public response to Rosie or RoseEmpower on Twitter or privately after Rose sussed her out she went completely silent. It appears she didn’t want to converse professionally or like an adult with women who work in the VAWG sector as they would run rings round her but I think she thought SA would be easier to manipulate and bit off more than she could chew. SA has the strength and bravery of a warrior and I think that blindsided JT.

Imagine threatening the police yet again because you don’t like what someone has said about you especially when it’s true. It must suck for JT to know that she’s actually not the messiah and people have seen through her charade. I actually pity her as it’s a lonely place to be when you realise you are in fact a pariah and people are not afraid to tell her anymore and that others have seen right through her.

If she’s reading this might I suggest Jess you go and get some intensive trauma informed training, maybe a bit of therapy as well to understand what has made you into a manipulative awful person, lose your ego and get humble and be a decent human being. You are the female version of Tommy Robinson with your grifting and taking advantage of vulnerable people.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17

Jessterday

Celebrating the fact a morally bankrupt, toothless organisation can't do anything about your own morally bankrupt behaviour isn't the win you think it is, Jess.

Reactions: 17