Dr Alex George

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It might be an unpopular opinion as I love him and his messages but I don’t love that he does ads. I don’t feel like you can preach about positive mental health and also show off your new sofa at the same time. There is so much evidence to show that social media is detrimental to mental health and the two conflict if you ask me.

Reactions: 12
It might be an unpopular opinion as I love him and his messages but I don’t love that he does ads. I don’t feel like you can preach about positive mental health and also show off your new sofa at the same time. There is so much evidence to show that social media is detrimental to mental health and the two conflict if you ask me.
Yes I’ve noticed he loves a freebie! Plus that sofa is awful!

Reactions: 2
I agree. I also think that this whole showing your medication thing means everyone jumping on board for attention. He clearly loves any attention, yes he is using his status for a good cause, but that also means he gets constant freebies and attention. Definitely an ulterior motive for doing all this positivity stuff.

Reactions: 6
Positive mental health and then “look at this dyson hoover, you should buy one” don’t mix well for me. Plus he has his GP job, the number 10 job and his bath product business. Does he really need to sacrifice the authenticity of his message for ads? But greedy really!

Reactions: 14
It all still reads as really performative to me. Like he’s an ambassador and has a position where he can truly change things but where is it?

Reactions: 4
He's been getting freebies for a while. I remember once he did the 'can anyone recommend a good bicycle' as he wanted to bike to work and then 'lo and behold he got gifted not one but two bikes! Not sure why he needed two?!

He renovated and sold one house then seemed to get gifted free accommodation during covid in a nice location and home then he's just bought another posh home, so he's clearly raking it in and can afford his own sofa!

Reactions: 3
I think I like him and then I remember he applied to go on Love Island - you gotta be a slight cock to apply for that show. He hides it well though.

I think I like him and then I remember he applied to go on Love Island - you gotta be a slight cock to apply for that show. He hides it well though.
yeh I don't think anyone with a modicum of intelligence would want to go on this unelss they were desperate to just be "famous for being famous"

Reactions: 7
This will be such an unpopular opinion but I really dislike him. Whilst getting an understanding on mental health is great but he is taking the reality of mental illness away. Being someone who suffered significantly growing up having someone say "oh I feel like that too" is one of the most degrading things. As for this pill awareness crap, anti-depressants are prescribe as easily as anti biotics. I bet people will still gasp if you say you take anti psychotics. I get the gist of it all but Mental illness isn't being shown at all.

Reactions: 7
This will be such an unpopular opinion but I really dislike him. Whilst getting an understanding on mental health is great but he is taking the reality of mental illness away. Being someone who suffered significantly growing up having someone say "oh I feel like that too" is one of the most degrading things. As for this pill awareness crap, anti-depressants are prescribe as easily as anti biotics. I bet people will still gasp if you say you take anti psychotics. I get the gist of it all but Mental illness isn't being shown at all.
I agree with you but I've softened to him since seeing his BBC doc that came out last week. Anyone else seen it?

Couldn’t agree with you more. People forget that he was in love island, and if you go on that show, you are only hoping for fame and popularity. He doesn’t hesitate in claiming freebies. I’ve been on medication for years, but seeing all then pill posts, was extremely degrading. I would never post a picture like that as it’s my business and there has never been a stigma, as quite simply, why would I wish to tell the whole of social media what I take. It’s my business, and just because it isn’t being “posted” on social
Media, does not mean there is a stigma. Another way for people to attention seek. Always an ulterior motive with him.

Reactions: 5
I like Dr Alex but I don’t like the pill posting posts. I take medication and am ok with it, no stigma. I just don’t want the world and his wife knowing my business and exactly what I take. Does everything have to be so public these days. And is anyone that interested?!

I had to sleep on this as I was so angry yesterday, but I don’t know how this guy doesn’t use his brain. So he talks about mental health, that’s his “thing” right. So he knows that absolute devastation that social media and wanting “the best” has to peoples mental health. He works for parliament so he should be thinking of “the common folk” - how on earth can he do that when he’s showing off land rover x jaguar cars from a fancy hotel?!!

He can’t be both. He needs to accept that. Either he’s the mental health advocate and his socials are kept to just that. Good mental health, daily life activities and “normal” things for normal people to help their MH - OR he’s a big shot influencer. He cannot be both. The two messages are completely conflicting.

Reactions: 10
I had to sleep on this as I was so angry yesterday, but I don’t know how this guy doesn’t use his brain. So he talks about mental health, that’s his “thing” right. So he knows that absolute devastation that social media and wanting “the best” has to peoples mental health. He works for parliament so he should be thinking of “the common folk” - how on earth can he do that when he’s showing off land rover x jaguar cars from a fancy hotel?!!

He can’t be both. He needs to accept that. Either he’s the mental health advocate and his socials are kept to just that. Good mental health, daily life activities and “normal” things for normal people to help their MH - OR he’s a big shot influencer. He cannot be both. The two messages are completely conflicting.
I agree. He's trying to use his platform for good but he can't have the 'best of both worlds' like he wants. Stick to one.

Reactions: 5