Dr Alex George

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And all the Zelebrities are jumping on the bandwagon.
No I don't think it was right to call her chubby.

Reactions: 4
It’s not right but it doesn’t surprise me, Steve Allen says far worse about other celebs and has done for years!

Reactions: 3
Whilst I do not agree at all with the comments made , of course Dr Alex had to step in and jump on the bandwagon. Anything for the likes and gram I guess.

Reactions: 6
Maybe I'm just old, but is it really so unacceptable to say to someone they're looking healthy? Now all comments about appearance are strictly offlimits?

Screenshot_20211022-165818_Instagram.jpg

Maybe I'm just old, but is it really so unacceptable to say to someone they're looking healthy? Now all comments about appearance are strictly offlimits?

View attachment 823326
It's getting ridiculous. I've lost a bit of weight (I really needed to) and loads of people keep telling me I'm looking good...'you've lost weight', 'looking skinny', 'looking good'. I like it! I don't take offence. But I did notice on the weight loss thread on here that people are offended if they're told they've lost weight and look good. I don't get it? To me, I want people to notice I now look a lot healthier instead of very overweight. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 6
It's totally ridiculous. Nowadays you can't say anything, if you tell someone their perfume smells nice at your workplace they can get you for sexual harassment. 🙄

Reactions: 1
It's getting ridiculous. I've lost a bit of weight (I really needed to) and loads of people keep telling me I'm looking good...'you've lost weight', 'looking skinny', 'looking good'. I like it! I don't take offence. But I did notice on the weight loss thread on here that people are offended if they're told they've lost weight and look good. I don't get it? To me, I want people to notice I now look a lot healthier instead of very overweight. 🤷‍♀️
I lost over 3 stone and everyone kept telling me i looked great and healthy but actually i was extremely ill due to chemo.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
A friends daughter got gastric flu around 15 years old. When she returned to school everyone was gushing about how fabulous she looked and how much weight she’d lost. She said it made her feel so good she stopped eating properly to keep off the weight. The more she lost the more compliments she received. Until she developed anorexia. She’s now early 30’s and still suffers with her anxiety regarding her weight. She did an amazing talk and to hear everything was heartbreaking. Having daughters myself we never talked about weight and were as careful as we could be about appearance. But it’s not easy, we are conditioned by the media to look a certain way.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I think Alex actually missed the point a bit. Steve Allen knew he was being a head when he said that comment, he knew it would affect Tilly - that's the whole point. He's a misogynistic head.

He's right though, commenting on someone's weight is risky territory and should be left well alone.

Reactions: 5
I have a diagnosed ED and get where he is coming from here as comments like this feed the mental illness BUT I also accept folk say things without meaning to cause another person upset. I personally don’t like it, but at the same times i don’t sign up to all this censorship either.

folk who put themselves out there need to accept that by doing that they will receive comments they don’t always like. That’s why im not on SCD or an influencer lol.

I think Alex actually missed the point a bit. Steve Allen knew he was being a head when he said that comment, he knew it would affect Tilly - that's the whole point. He's a misogynistic head.

He's right though, commenting on someone's weight is risky territory and should be left well alone.
I didn’t appreciate this until someone really snapped at me about it- I thought I was being nice and learnt a lesson that day.
I look back and can’t believe I thought it was a good conversation starter.

View attachment 823326
My friend has just lost 4 stone, she was so happy when I told her she looks great and was so happy to talk about her body and weight loss.

Reactions: 1
My friend has just lost 4 stone, she was so happy when I told her she looks great and was so happy to talk about her body and weight loss.
Thats 1 person. Not everyone feels that way. I also lost a tit load of weight but i was on chemo. Ive never been told how great i looked before then. Everyone kept telling me how healthy i looked, i would always say its ashame my medical records don't feel that way.

Reactions: 9
I think it depends how well you know ther person, if you know why they have lost weight (could be for a health problem for ex) or it might be triggering for someone with an ED. I always find it strange when people I don’t know well comment

Thats 1 person. Not everyone feels that way. I also lost a tit load of weight but i was on chemo. Ive never been told how great i looked before then. Everyone kept telling me how healthy i looked, i would always say its ashame my medical records don't feel that way.
I think common sense on that one would not congratulate someone losing weight on chemo, it is all relevant to the person but in general most people will like the compliment apart from in your example.

Reactions: 2
I think common sense on that one would not congratulate someone losing weight on chemo, it is all relevant to the person but in general most people will like the compliment apart from in your example.
but that is why I say you need to know the person well, you might not know they are going through chemo so could inadvertently be really offensive/upsetting

Thats the point... You don't always know the reason behind why someone has lost weight.

Reactions: 2