Dr Alex George

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t think he can be blamed for the Government’s lack of action though… I also think there is definitely room and a need for someone young people admire to be opening talking about mental health. I don’t think it’s a one or the other. I say this as someone who finds him quite annoying with it…
I'm not blaming Alex solely for the Government's lack of action, but his role enables them to look like they are doing something when they aren't. His role as an ambassador, paid or unpaid, is cheap compared to the millions that needs to be invested into NHS mental health services. Awareness days, inspirational quotes and advice about going for a walk have had their day. I would have thought that Alex would know the state of those services having worked in A&E, but he doesn't seem to link these factors together. He doesn't seem to be advocating for additional funding, just posting 'self care' posts that the NHS crisis teams also spout from what I have read on Twitter.

I also agree that his role as influencer and 'Government ambassador' are contradictory.

Reactions: 8
Alex's role is useless. We don't need mental health awareness, we need access to treatment! His role is just a way for the government to look like they are doing something, but doesn't cut the waiting lists for therapy because there has been no investment in NHS mental health services. Instagram posts and documentaries don't help those in need of help,
as much as I agree we need treatment and waiting lists to be seen to rather than added too.
We DO need mental health awareness. My 9 year old daughter in lockdown ended up being referred to the schools mental health team as she was really struggling. Thankfully she is now a different child and back to her happy loving self.
I myself have lost two friends to mental health we most definitely need awareness

Reactions: 2
as much as I agree we need treatment and waiting lists to be seen to rather than added too.
We DO need mental health awareness. My 9 year old daughter in lockdown ended up being referred to the schools mental health team as she was really struggling. Thankfully she is now a different child and back to her happy loving self.
I myself have lost two friends to mental health we most definitely need awareness
Of course there needs to be more awareness, but without funding for services it is pointless. I went to a GP to try and get some kind of therapy and was quoted months and months waiting time, and then there is a limit on the amount of sessions I could get (ridiciulous as you would never just offer someone limited sessions of,for example, chemo - obviously) luckily I am able to pay for appointments myself, but I doubt most people who need it are

Reactions: 5
Just read that he’s split with Ellie. Must say I’m surprised given they only just got a puppy!

• Wow
Reactions: 1
I used to fancy him when he was on Love Island.. He didn’t actually apply for the show - he was touted over Instagram, I think that’s how most people are picked.

I always thought he was gay. Maybe that will be his next big announcement and he will talk about how it's affected his mental health?

But this girl and the one before her never looked that into him but they both seemed to enjoy the limelight..

I used to fancy him when he was on Love Island.. He didn’t actually apply for the show - he was touted over Instagram, I think that’s how most people are picked.
I've never understood why they targeted him as he said he only had 200 followers at the time!

Just read that he’s split with Ellie. Must say I’m surprised given they only just got a puppy!
It says Ellie is keeping the puppy. Well I suppose he does have his other dog (even though it seems more like his parents dog!).

Reactions: 3
Paddington is his parents dog living in wales. So Alex really now has no dog. 🤷🏼‍♀️
No I don’t think his gay but I dunno this one I thought was a cute relationship now I feel like ahhhh poor Alex 😂

Paddington is his parents dog living in wales. So Alex really now has no dog. 🤷🏼‍♀️
No I don’t think his gay but I dunno this one I thought was a cute relationship now I feel like ahhhh poor Alex 😂
He said Paddington was his dog as he refers to himself as Paddington’s Dad (often says father and son in photos of them both) but said his parents would look after him. He goes to Wales a lot so he’ll still have his part time dog.

Why do you feel sorry for poor Alex? Maybe he was the one who dumped her?

Reactions: 1
I used to really like him but he’s become unbelievably smug recently. I hate the “post your pill” campaign. I don’t care what medication anyone takes but surely it’s a personal thing. You don’t see folks posing with their haemorrhoid cream in Instagram. I think he’s a mug throwing away a medical career to dance with the devil as an influencer

Reactions: 10
Has he thrown it away? I thought he was becoming a Gp?
I’m not against post your pill but I’m also
Not taking any pills maybe it’s different for others? He does a lot for childrens mental health I got help for my child thanks to him

I’m sure he talked about wanting to leave a&e a long time ago in one of his YouTube videos, I’m sure he will keep his foot in anyway.

So many people are ashamed of being on depression or anxiety meds, if the “post your pill” campaign makes even a couple of people feel less alone then surely it’s a good thing.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I used to really like him and liked his Instagram content.
But he seemed to have changed, which is understandable, I think at the time he really was suffering with his own mental health and it was sad to see. I Actually unfollowed.

Just been having a nosy on his and Ellie’s Instagram. Is the flat bought or rented?

Edit, Its ok, googled it - looks like he / they bought it.

Last edited: