Doireann O' Leary.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t think he is but she has called him a surgeon since the day he started the surgical scheme.
Cringe.

This is the angle of her that’s unnecessary. Just be honest and say he/she is in training. We have all had to train. I went from junior stylist to senior. Be honest about it instead of painting a perfect life . Similar vibes to Pilot Sean Corr here and he ‘landing’ a plane from China....
You've hit the nail on the head here.

Reactions: 9
She did say in an interview before than she has IBS and really has to watch what she eats, and that she does cardio 5 days a week and has always been athletic so probably a combination of the two...but she is tiiiiiiny.
She is sooo tiny.. I also don't think what she eats or her choices day to day is the problem, it's the weird pose and editing of photos that's the problem I think. She does a weird tuck of her arm to make her look slimmer and you can see she has stretched herself in some photos. I think that's dangerous and as an advocate for health, it doesn't scream healthy mindset, never mind young girls watching her. Feel bad for her, she must be so self conscious and she does seem so nice and sweet and a bit innocent too!

Reactions: 11
I don’t think he is but she has called him a surgeon since the day he started the surgical scheme.
Tbf at work I would still refer to a surgical trainee as a surgeon regardless if they were registrar or consultant.

Reactions: 3
Tbf at work I would still refer to a surgical trainee as a surgeon regardless if they were registrar or consultant.
Totally agree . Anyway her husband is definitely a fully trained surgeon as he’s done all his fellowship exams . You have to have done all these before you can apply for consultant posts . I don’t imagine that this would be for a few years though .

I find Doireann very informative but that's about it. There is something that doesn't sit well with me about her. The wearing a hairpiece during covid when she couldnt get her hair done was a bit much and I also agree that her demeanour and attitude to food is a bit concerning at times. Id say all isnt as rosey as it appears with her.
this is exactly how I feel about her. There’s something there that isn’t quite as it seems. You can’t deny she has been very informative on her stories, but I do remember her saying ages ago on her stories that being a tv doctor would be a dream of hers, and that put a new slant on her for me, Now I see her stories as one endless audition,

Also she is beautiful, no need for a filter at all, but I’d agree with others, very underweight, doesn’t look the healthiest in person.

Reactions: 10
I’ve always liked her but lately she is really starting to annoy me with the mint tea and the floaty dresses and does anyone else think that her replies to people on her latest Q&A are actually very sarcastic in places? I find she’s gone very irritable when asked questions the last while and don’t put yourself up for something if you can’t be polite. Also I cannot cope with the sunglasses. She is very good at her job I’d say and very anxious to prove that you can look a certain way and still be good at your job. It’s unfortunate that people will still judge her based on her looks as a dumb blonde. Not saying anyone here does before I get eaten! Just in general.

Reactions: 7
I’ve always liked her but lately she is really starting to annoy me with the mint tea and the floaty dresses and does anyone else think that her replies to people on her latest Q&A are actually very sarcastic in places? I find she’s gone very irritable when asked questions the last while and don’t put yourself up for something if you can’t be polite. Also I cannot cope with the sunglasses. She is very good at her job I’d say and very anxious to prove that you can look a certain way and still be good at your job. It’s unfortunate that people will still judge her based on her looks as a dumb blonde. Not saying anyone here does before I get eaten! Just in general.
So much about her appearance is fake though - from her fake tan, to the extensions and a wig during lockdown. She also uses a lot of filters! Someone said she got botox. Now i dont actually follow her so not too sure on that but she is a bit young for botox surely. She comes across as very insecure. She has never once posted a photo of herself looking anything but 100% put together which just isnt realistic.

Reactions: 10
Yeah I thought this reply was a bit sarcastic or something. Like makes the asker feel a bit stupid! But maybe that's just her humour?
20200719_235612.jpg

Reactions: 1
She has a post up now about masks not taking from your oxygen. I have seen an American doctor do this last week. And her last comment on that post about ‘phone, wallet, mask, keys’ is a meme that’s going around. Her quotes and pics are often others stolen ideas. Never credited. The attention seeking on insta is bonkers for a GP

Reactions: 12
She has a post up now about masks not taking from your oxygen. I have seen an American doctor do this last week. And her last comment on that post about ‘phone, wallet, mask, keys’ is a meme that’s going around. Her quotes and pics are often others stolen ideas. Never credited. The attention seeking on insta is bonkers for a GP
Yes saw similar themes of doctors in the US who have a large following so she is just copYing them . I agree that I find all this need to attention and public adulation for a doctor all very bizzare . Lacks a certain emotional maturity ?? Also the tik toks want to make me throw myself out the window 🙄😬😬 soooo cringe . She is also obsessed Wirh Pat kenny !! She totally wants his radio slot 😂🤣

Reactions: 4
She was wearing scrubs in the practise when they weren’t even seeing people. That was a photo opp I’m pretty sure

Sorry but there was never a time GPs weren’t seeing patients. Patients just had to be triaged first over the phone and only patients who had COVID symptoms were not allowed to visit a GP but referred for testing.

Reactions: 5
this is exactly how I feel about her. There’s something there that isn’t quite as it seems. You can’t deny she has been very informative on her stories, but I do remember her saying ages ago on her stories that being a tv doctor would be a dream of hers, and that put a new slant on her for me, Now I see her stories as one endless audition,

Also she is beautiful, no need for a filter at all, but I’d agree with others, very underweight, doesn’t look the healthiest in person.
Yes you hit the nail on the head here, I couldn't put it into words and you are so right, it's just one endless audition!

Re the mask video, I get it, she is doing her version of other video and she is taking creative inspiration but with everything else so contrived about her, it's just another thing to roll your eyes at. Another Irish doctor, his name Matt, he is on Ireland Am a lot and he did a video similar the other week wearing 6 masks showing his oxegyn levels. I think even if she shared the others first then did hers it would be more authentic!!

To be perfectly honest, for reasons that I can't explain, I'm glad my GP isn't on Instagram and doing Tik Toks. I'm not sure I could take her seriously in her office of a day.

Reactions: 20
She was wearing scrubs in the practise when they weren’t even seeing people. That was a photo opp I’m pretty sure

Sorry but there was never a time GPs weren’t seeing patients. Patients just had to be triaged first over the phone and only patients who had COVID symptoms were not allowed to visit a GP but referred for testing.
I specifically remember Doireann saying they were only dealing with patients who had covid symptoms because they were overrun in the beginning and not to call if it was anything else which I thought was utter madness. Other illnesses didn't stop just because of covid. I'm not mad on her to be honest.

Reactions: 6
What I find hard to swallow is the constant media attentions seeking behaviour....she has been tagging simon harris in her posts throughout the pandemic and I just find her goal to be a celebrity doctor a but gross tbh. She has openly stated in the past that she wants to be a tv doctor
She applied to be the doc on operation transformation & didn’t get it! Dr.Sumi got it.

Yes you hit the nail on the head here, I couldn't put it into words and you are so right, it's just one endless audition!

Re the mask video, I get it, she is doing her version of other video and she is taking creative inspiration but with everything else so contrived about her, it's just another thing to roll your eyes at. Another Irish doctor, his name Matt, he is on Ireland Am a lot and he did a video similar the other week wearing 6 masks showing his oxegyn levels. I think even if she shared the others first then did hers it would be more authentic!!
Dr Maitiú! He is a gp in Ranelagh and I think head of the GP's union? I'd listen to him over Doireann any day and not just cause he's beautiful 😍

Reactions: 2
Yes saw similar themes of doctors in the US who have a large following so she is just copYing them . I agree that I find all this need to attention and public adulation for a doctor all very bizzare . Lacks a certain emotional maturity ?? Also the tik toks want to make me throw myself out the window 🙄😬😬 soooo cringe . She is also obsessed Wirh Pat kenny !! She totally wants his radio slot 😂🤣
Apparently she said she was while hairdressers were closed. Everyone was in the same boat. Not sure if it’s vanity or lack of confidence!
I think it has to be lack of confidence. She comes across incredibly insecure im my opinion. Like the whole country couldnt get to the hairdressers and had roots showing. If anything it would have made her more relatable to see her like that. Given what the country was going through and given that she is a "frontline worker" you would think it would've been the least of her worries.

Jesus some of the questions into her are just so basic! People asking if newly qualified teachers and student nurses need to get the flu vaccine (seperate questions). Like have people any cop on particularly a student nurse!

When (hopefully) we get a vaccine for Covid will she have people for every occupation asking her if they need it! Seriously it really makes me question society!

Sorry for the rant but i see stuff like this so often on her page.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.