Doireann O' Leary.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is that a wig in the Instagram picture today.
Can't believe the wig is back! Its so obvious. Who does she think she's fooling! Its not even blonde!! The vanity! Especially when she's had her hair done!

I think it has to be lack of confidence. She comes across incredibly insecure im my opinion. Like the whole country couldnt get to the hairdressers and had roots showing. If anything it would have made her more relatable to see her like that. Given what the country was going through and given that she is a "frontline worker" you would think it would've been the least of her worries.

Jesus some of the questions into her are just so basic! People asking if newly qualified teachers and student nurses need to get the flu vaccine (seperate questions). Like have people any cop on particularly a student nurse!

When (hopefully) we get a vaccine for Covid will she have people for every occupation asking her if they need it! Seriously it really makes me question society!

Sorry for the rant but i see stuff like this so often on her page.
So basic. Can't understand people finding it informative. You would be easier google it its so basic

Reactions: 7
Can't believe the wig is back! Its so obvious. Who does she think she's fooling! Its not even blonde!! The vanity! Especially when she's had her hair done!

So basic. Can't understand people finding it informative. You would be easier google it its so basic
It’s clearly an old pic seeing as she’s not wearing PPE. You’re being unnecessarily harsh.

Reactions: 2
Out of curiosity are all your GP's wearing PPE? A friend went to our local GP and she said he was dressed as normal. He wasnt even wearing a mask. This was around a week and a half ago. Another doctor in the same practice wears a plastic apron type thing and a mask but certainly not scrubs!

Scrubs aren't PPE as such. Most GPs were only wearing them so they wouldn't need to ear their own clothes. They should be changing in/out of scrubs at work.

Is she sponsored by get that trend? All her clothes seem to be from there

Is it meant to be that they disclose gifts and state when are they doing product placment ?

Reactions: 3
Is it meant to be that they disclose gifts and state when are they doing product placment ?
They're meant to declare gifts from companies, if they're invited on a hotel stay or dinner in a restaurant it's #gift. If they're paid for promoting a product or stay then it's #ad #sp or paid partnership
If they receive a sample product from a pr company they can use #prgift or #gift

Dr Laura is another one who's heading toward becoming all hashtags

Reactions: 9
Also quite bland.

there’s lots of other doctors with loads of friends. in fact in college I found the medics to be very clicky. She just seems to get dressed up to pose around her personality free home.
Agree, I have a friend who is a doctor and she's really close with her fellow doctors who she went to college with and met in the different hospitals she worked in.

She also eats really well and finds time for the gym despite being busy. And has plenty of nights out! 😂

Reactions: 1
Unfollowed her a few months back. The oversized sunglasses, constant stream of dresses and those bronze Zara shoes that she wore to death was enough for me. I just found her extremely dull. I heard her on 2fm during the week, I’m not sure how she is getting the media gigs as her radio/ interview skills are not great, there is no natural flow to it. I was actually nervous for her listening to it 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 11
She is good on Matt Cooper each week. There's no denying her ability and professionalism as a doctor and she has had deep life experience to compliment her career (bereavement her sister and dad, and her cancer diagnosis). I do think however that said that there are some insecurities there but she does strike me as a nice person who always replies to dms and I have learned lots of valuable medical info from her tutorials.

Reactions: 13
I can't STAND that boomerang she does everytime she goes on a run of her in her shorts, her knees and her runners, it just drives me insane.

Reactions: 17
They're meant to declare gifts from companies, if they're invited on a hotel stay or dinner in a restaurant it's #gift. If they're paid for promoting a product or stay then it's #ad #sp or paid partnership
If they receive a sample product from a pr company they can use #prgift or #gift

Dr Laura is another one who's heading toward becoming all hashtags
Have noticed a few products I initially thought she just liked and was posting but then saw other IG-ers posting similar and thought different then. She did a post on Bare by Vougue tan during week and nothing declared on it. It's so dodgy, smart girl so it's not like she wouldn't be aware of ASAI regulations which she clearly is breaching. Think she is reading this, hence her bikini post and there is a comment in there saying her patients don't care what she does in her personal life online (PP there was a discussion around this) What's the bets now she will start complying if she can see people noticing her not declaring.

Reactions: 5
Have noticed a few products I initially thought she just liked and was posting but then saw other IG-ers posting similar and thought different then. She did a post on Bare by Vougue tan during week and nothing declared on it. It's so dodgy, smart girl so it's not like she wouldn't be aware of ASAI regulations which she clearly is breaching. Think she is reading this, hence her bikini post and there is a comment in there saying her patients don't care what she does in her personal life online (PP there was a discussion around this) What's the bets now she will start complying if she can see people noticing her not declaring.
I genuinly wondered re this. Its wrong to be so dishonest

The bikini post is all to do with a research article that is doing the rounds at the moment. Basically older professional surgeons catfished young trainees to add them on social media to snoop on pictures of them and see how appropriate their pictures and posts on social media are. They then published the results. There's doctors giving out yards about it on social media.

Reactions: 6
The bikini post is all to do with a research article that is doing the rounds at the moment. Basically older professional surgeons catfished young trainees to add them on social media to snoop on pictures of them and see how appropriate their pictures and posts on social media are. They then published the results. There's doctors giving out yards about it on social media.
Yep I saw that in the first part but at end of post she popped that in so was wondering was she having a snoop and throwing that comment in the mix. Could be wrong.

As a Mother of 2 young children I really don’t know how she will cope with the sleepless nights whenever she has kids. She is obsessed with sleep hygiene which is all well and good but not when you are getting up multiple times a night, often for a few years.

She is actually supposed to be lovely in real life. I know a few girls who went to school with her and a colleague of mine used to work with her. She’s a very dedicated doctor. Very skinny alright but some people just don’t each much, doesn’t mean they have an eating disorder.

I follow her friend Hilary on Instagram who I think is absolutely hilarious. Definitely my favourite social media doctor.

Reactions: 3
As a Mother of 2 young children I really don’t know how she will cope with the sleepless nights whenever she has kids. She is obsessed with sleep hygiene which is all well and good but not when you are getting up multiple times a night, often for a few years.

She is actually supposed to be lovely in real life. I know a few girls who went to school with her and a colleague of mine used to work with her. She’s a very dedicated doctor. Very skinny alright but some people just don’t each much, doesn’t mean they have an eating disorder.

I follow her friend Hilary on Instagram who I think is absolutely hilarious. Definitely my favourite social media doctor.
Just be aware, Doireann has been very open about the fact she will struggle to have a baby after her treatment for cervical cancer. I’m sure she would happily sacrifice a few years of sleep for a baby, seeing as she has had to freeze embryos. Fertility is a sensitive topic for many, especially someone who has gone through what she has been through.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.