Doireann O' Leary.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really like her, Iā€™ve seen her in real life with her husband and she is very pretty with gorgeous skin so Iā€™ve no idea why she would use a filter if she does as she definitely does not need to

Reactions: 3
And the adoration for the husband šŸ™„
Also quite bland.

She seems to be a bit of a loner? I know plenty people go out with their friends and just don't post about it but that's not the impression I get, seems to be all dressing up at home or occasionally going out with her darling surgeon husband.

I wonder if it's because being a Jr doctor you move around the country a lot for work.

Her pal Dr Hilary seems more vacuous but I actually quite like her! She knows her tit about fashion (like Laura de Barra), but also posts cute anecdotes and voices her opinion on injustices she's seen in work like BLM or DP
thereā€™s lots of other doctors with loads of friends. in fact in college I found the medics to be very clicky. She just seems to get dressed up to pose around her personality free home.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I like and her and she seems like a nice person. But what I do find odd is that she only qualified as a GP last November but says sheā€™s been a member of the ICGP since 2017 on her LinkedIn?? She also never acknowledged qualifying in Nov and didnā€™t post pics from her graduation etc.

She applied to be the Dr on Operation Transformation and got turned down
Iā€™m assuming this was because she was still training at the time to be a GP? She would be very good on it I think!

Reactions: 2
I like and her and she seems like a nice person. But what I do find odd is that she only qualified as a GP last November but says sheā€™s been a member of the ICGP since 2017 on her LinkedIn?? She also never acknowledged qualifying in Nov and didnā€™t post pics from her graduation etc.

Iā€™m assuming this was because she was still training at the time to be a GP? She would be very good on it I think!
Maybe she has the soft skills for OT but I wouldn't consider her a good look... She can't be a healthy weight? I know you can't be so superficial but the experts on the show are kind of role models for the participants and I don't think someone so skinny could be a good fit. šŸ˜•

Maybe she has the soft skills for OT but I wouldn't consider her a good look... She can't be a healthy weight? I know you can't be so superficial but the experts on the show are kind of role models for the participants and I don't think someone so skinny could be a good fit. šŸ˜•
Thatā€™s a fair point!

She said she didnā€™t get accepted on the GP programme the first time. I donā€™t think she would be good on OT.

Reactions: 2
I know people who worked with Doireann in hospital before she became a GP and she was really bad. She would avoid work and patients. For that reason I find her media hungry and disingenuous.

Reactions: 19
She seems to be a bit of a loner? I know plenty people go out with their friends and just don't post about it but that's not the impression I get, seems to be all dressing up at home or occasionally going out with her darling surgeon husband.

I wonder if it's because being a Jr doctor you move around the country a lot for work.

Her pal Dr Hilary seems more vacuous but I actually quite like her! She knows her tit about fashion (like Laura de Barra), but also posts cute anecdotes and voices her opinion on injustices she's seen in work like BLM or DP
Who is Dr Hillary?

I find her very forced and rehearsed. Her tik toks are just cringeworthy. Her posing and pouting is very off putting. I think she is very insecure. She never appears anything other than 100% put togethet with hair, makeup and tan perfect. She posted one photo at the beginning of thr covid crisis where you cpupd see her arms werent tanned and I was shocked she had actually posted it. I personally wouldnt want a doctor that is also trying to be a blogger.

I agree her end goal seems to be that she wants to be a celeb doctor but I think she would need to be more natural and less rehearsed. I'm sure she auditioned to be the operation transformation doctor and she showed her outtakes of the audition and it was awful!

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
I find Doireann very informative but that's about it. There is something that doesn't sit well with me about her. The wearing a hairpiece during covid when she couldnt get her hair done was a bit much and I also agree that her demeanour and attitude to food is a bit concerning at times. Id say all isnt as rosey as it appears with her.

Reactions: 21
She is informative for the most part of it but some of the stuff is common sense. Some of the questions people ask make me question how much common sense a lot of peoplw have! Like today someone sent her a question asking if they travel to US do they have to quarantine when they return. Like seriously!

She did have cancer not that long ago. I did often wonder if the weight issue stems from this? As an aside note, I think sheā€™s very knowledgeable and I used to like following her because of this. However, she clearly is not declaring a lot of sponsored posts. This really puts me off her. Plus, she is filtered to within an inch of her life. Why??? Sheā€™s clearly very pretty. I also cannot deal with the grid posts where the pic has been taken in their house with their medical qualifications strategically placed in the background. I am not taking from the absolute hard work and dedication that becoming a doctor takes. We get it, youā€™re a doctor and your husband is a surgeon...we get it!!!!! šŸ˜‚
She was very thin even before her cancer diagnosis.

Reactions: 11
I know people who worked with Doireann in hospital before she became a GP and she was really bad. She would avoid work and patients. For that reason I find her media hungry and disingenuous.
Have heard this too from a good few doctors. That like she'd actively avoid doing jobs she didnt like

• Wow
From her own stories it seems like she couldnt handle the pressure and ended up hospitalised herself a few times. It's a tough job.

From her own stories it seems like she couldnt handle the pressure and ended up hospitalised herself a few times. It's a tough job.
God yeah it totally is, especially at the minute. Ive just heard it was more a laziness thing with her and her team got pretty fed up.

Reactions: 5
Same, it pains me to say it because she was unbelievably lovely to me before in a DM. I also love how she addresses ā€œunpopularā€ (for want of a better word) mental health issues like schizophrenia and I also admire her take on things. However Iā€™ve heard the same from an intern that worked with her in Kerry, but then again no-one is perfect, weā€™ve all been young and starting out once. She seems very mature now, and just seems to paddle her own canoe. Sheā€™s witty enough as well, well able to poke fun at herself!

• Heart
Reactions: 6

I think she completed GP Training in November. It was delayed (a girl I know who did Gp said they finished normally in June/July) cos of her cervical cancer. But she always let on that she was a fully qualified Gp. Which wasnā€™t the case. She shouldnā€™t have let people think she was a fully qualified Gp when she wasnā€™t. Thatā€™s not cool.
My friends who are doctors cannot stand her. Itā€™s all so fake. The way she poses in the GP surgery. Theyā€™re rushed off their feet on the hospital. And she swans around in fake Gucci looking Zara dresses. Completely overdressed. I think her job is based on getting advertising for her Gp practice in cork. Yes she knows her stuff. But sheā€™s fake AF.

Reactions: 18
I think she completed GP Training in November. It was delayed (a girl I know who did Gp said they finished normally in June/July) cos of her cervical cancer. But she always let on that she was a fully qualified Gp. Which wasnā€™t the case. She shouldnā€™t have let people think she was a fully qualified Gp when she wasnā€™t. Thatā€™s not cool.
My friends who are doctors cannot stand her. Itā€™s all so fake. The way she poses in the GP surgery. Theyā€™re rushed off their feet on the hospital. And she swans around in fake Gucci looking Zara dresses. Completely overdressed. I think her job is based on getting advertising for her Gp practice in cork. Yes she knows her stuff. But sheā€™s fake AF.
Yes , she never ever once referred to the fact that she was still in training when she started all the Instagram stuff. And like I said, her LinkedIn says sheā€™s a member of the ICGP since 2017, which you canā€™t join until youā€™ve completed your training. Iā€™m assuming she never said she was still training in case it gave her less credibility when she started the social media stuff?

Reactions: 4
The way she questioned the professionalism of teachers during the LC debacle was enough for me.

Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.