Doireann O' Leary.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Shes very knowledgable but ultimately is a bit of a bore. The Taylor Swift obsession seems to be her only personality trait. Seems to have very few friends.

Reactions: 8
I like her too! She seems very sweet. Her hair confuses me
She had no dark roots and her hair was always perfect so I'm convinced it was a wig lol

She said during lockdown she was wearing a wig because she was quite insecure about her hair, but I think she recently had her extensions put back in
I must have missed that.

Shes one of the only Instagram profiles I actually watch now. She comes across as a brilliant GP!

She seems to be a bit of a loner? I know plenty people go out with their friends and just don't post about it but that's not the impression I get, seems to be all dressing up at home or occasionally going out with her darling surgeon husband.

I wonder if it's because being a Jr doctor you move around the country a lot for work.

Her pal Dr Hilary seems more vacuous but I actually quite like her! She knows her tit about fashion (like Laura de Barra), but also posts cute anecdotes and voices her opinion on injustices she's seen in work like BLM or DP

Yeah she's a GP and her husband is a surgeon so he would be working ridiculous hours on call etc. Most doctors I know don't have the greatest of social lives because of work

Reactions: 2
Her extremely low body weight concerns me. I feel bad for even thinking it but she has so many impressionable, young followers and when I followed her she used to share some pictures of her food and it was always a tiny salad. One night she shared another doctor friend of hers page and the girl very clearly had an eating disorder, I was actually shocked at her pictures and I was even more shocked that she shared her page. I stopped following. She seems like an excellent GP and is very empathetic but the whole eating/weight thing didn't sit well with me. Salad & lots of cardio isn't particularly healthy, occasionally one or two Lindt balls were consumed.
Funnily enough, I know more than a handful of female hospital doctors who have "issues" with eating. Maybe it's a thing.

• Sad
Reactions: 45
Her extremely low body weight concerns me. I feel bad for even thinking it but she has so many impressionable, young followers and when I followed her she used to share some pictures of her food and it was always a tiny salad. One night she shared another doctor friend of hers page and the girl very clearly had an eating disorder, I was actually shocked at her pictures and I was even more shocked that she shared her page. I stopped following. She seems like an excellent GP and is very empathetic but the whole eating/weight thing didn't sit well with me. Salad & lots of cardio isn't particularly healthy, occasionally one or two Lindt balls were consumed.
Funnily enough, I know more than a handful of female hospital doctors who have "issues" with eating. Maybe it's a thing.
That friend is probably Dr Hilary. Big red hair and retro eyeliner?

I think to get into medicine in college, you have to be very controlled about studying. Then to get through your intern years you've got to be very determined, it's hard work, long hours and you probably don't even get much time for a piss break nevermind healthy meals...they're probably well used to running on empty, so much so that they probably don't even *feel* real hunger, nevermind boredom hunger.

I like her overall attitude. Was very shocked when she revealed she’d been sick. I remember she did a re-run of her “glam” insta pics and showed the stories behind them- eg- this was the day I was diagnosed etc. Found it very moving. Never once heard her have a hint of a complaint, despite all she’s been through which is a nice change from plenty of others

Reactions: 29
That friend is probably Dr Hilary. Big red hair and retro eyeliner?

I think to get into medicine in college, you have to be very controlled about studying. Then to get through your intern years you've got to be very determined, it's hard work, long hours and you probably don't even get much time for a piss break nevermind healthy meals...they're probably well used to running on empty, so much so that they probably don't even *feel* real hunger, nevermind boredom hunger.
Yep, I think it's this. A consultant I know (in her 40s) is barely able to cook for herself and lives on diet coke to keep her energy up. Only really has time for one proper meal a day on her work days.

Reactions: 5
I like her and find her posts very informative, but the endless selfies are strange.

I find that she's very informative and I feel like I learn a lot from her stories but the filtering is a bit ridiculous. I saw her at beo wellness and she's pretty (although far too thin in my opinion) she doesn't need the silly filters

Reactions: 4
She did have cancer not that long ago. I did often wonder if the weight issue stems from this? As an aside note, I think she’s very knowledgeable and I used to like following her because of this. However, she clearly is not declaring a lot of sponsored posts. This really puts me off her. Plus, she is filtered to within an inch of her life. Why??? She’s clearly very pretty. I also cannot deal with the grid posts where the pic has been taken in their house with their medical qualifications strategically placed in the background. I am not taking from the absolute hard work and dedication that becoming a doctor takes. We get it, you’re a doctor and your husband is a surgeon...we get it!!!!! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I find her to be getting quite repetitive now. Herbal tea, picture heading into gp practice, selfie in work, q&a that she only answers about contraceptive or HPV, the harping on about sun screen, selfie at home in her meticulous bedroom with her LV bag.

Reactions: 20
What I find hard to swallow is the constant media attentions seeking behaviour....she has been tagging simon harris in her posts throughout the pandemic and I just find her goal to be a celebrity doctor a but gross tbh. She has openly stated in the past that she wants to be a tv doctor

Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.