Disney Vloggers #3 Paris or a cruise it's all about those views

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I honestly think once DLP and WDW re-opens to the UK, YouTube and Instagram is going to be so oversaturated with wannabe Disney Vloggers!

Knappily is definitely top of the wannabe list. I watched a few of their videos but I just found them so insufferable.

It got me thinking, what makes you LIKE a Disney Vlogger?
Good information. Not a fan of the "instagram" types (such as Knappily). I really like ""normal"" people having a ""normal"" holiday. I like someone who makes me feel like I'm watching a friend and you're joining in on the fun. Even though Charlotte Ruff has had gifted tickets which I usually wouldn't like I do feel like she has a good blogging style.

Reactions: 4
Give me proper and true information - not what you think. Point the camera outwards as I’d rather see where you are some of the time than look at your face. Shorter and to the point videos are better than long dragged out ones.

But my biggest annoyance is the bloggers all trying to outdo each other by upgrading their flights or staying deluxe - just do you and if people like you, they’ll watch.

Reactions: 4
I am a huge fan of the Foulger Family Florida Vlogs. They felt really authentic and you could tell they had really saved up to enjoy that holiday and enjoyed every single minute.

Reactions: 6
I like watching people who are normal and real. I want to feel like I’m watching an old friend and not a wannabe celebrity! Also people who don’t try hide how they make their money, I like honesty.

I like ones that have an actual love for DISNEY and not just WDW, so many vloggers constantly compare everything to WDW and that pisses me off!

Decent camera work and understanding that you need to move the camera slower than your eyes would so your viewers don't feel sick!

Tell us what you're doing and not just assume we all know

Show us the food you're eating (but not you eating it) and give brief opinion, even if it's just photos

I have no problem with vloggers travelling Upper class or staying in delux resorts if they can afford it and don't gloat about it!

Reactions: 8
I like ones that have an actual love for DISNEY and not just WDW, so many vloggers constantly compare everything to WDW and that pisses me off!

Decent camera work and understanding that you need to move the camera slower than your eyes would so your viewers don't feel sick!

Tell us what you're doing and not just assume we all know

Show us the food you're eating (but not you eating it) and give brief opinion, even if it's just photos

I have no problem with vloggers travelling Upper class or staying in delux resorts if they can afford it and don't gloat about it!
I have PTSD from seeing the guy from Krispy Smore chew food!! :sick:

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
This is a pet peeve of mine, I'm a frequent visitor to DLP (in normal times) and I'm forever getting the comments from friends of "why don't you just go WDW? its cheaper and better". It's not just the vloggers doing it, but they perpetuate it. During my first visit to WDW I had great fun posting on my personal socials little clips of me going "well, Big thunder is just bad compared to Paris", "Buzz lightyear is awful compared to Paris" to poke fun at my friends who trot out this same crap.

• Haha
Has anyone watched Emily from ‘Emily’s Wanderland’? I can’t make up my mind about her. She is fairly informative but very privileged and spoilt. She also tries too hard to come across as ‘cute’ like how Jade Billington does and I find that childish on adults. Her sister features a lot in her vlogs as well. I guess she’s nice enough but definitely the product of a privileged upbringing (which isn’t her fault, just an observation)

This is a pet peeve of mine, I'm a frequent visitor to DLP (in normal times) and I'm forever getting the comments from friends of "why don't you just go WDW? its cheaper and better". It's not just the vloggers doing it, but they perpetuate it. During my first visit to WDW I had great fun posting on my personal socials little clips of me going "well, Big thunder is just bad compared to Paris", "Buzz lightyear is awful compared to Paris" to poke fun at my friends who trot out this same crap.
Good on ya!

I have actually watched a few US vloggers visit DLP and they loved the parks and all agreed BTM is better in Paris and I agree! And I swear it gets faster each time I ride it 🤣🤣

Reactions: 5
Has anyone watched Emily from ‘Emily’s Wanderland’? I can’t make up my mind about her. She is fairly informative but very privileged and spoilt. She also tries too hard to come across as ‘cute’ like how Jade Billington does and I find that childish on adults. Her sister features a lot in her vlogs as well. I guess she’s nice enough but definitely the product of a privileged upbringing (which isn’t her fault, just an observation)
I have! I don’t really like her as she gives me “I’m better than you” vibes. When I first started watching I thought she was 17/18 based on the way she acted but she’s actually 25. I remember she visited DLP last summer and decided to ignore the mask rules just so she could get the “perfect insta pic” and that really annoyed me.

Reactions: 1
I have! I don’t really like her as she gives me “I’m better than you” vibes. When I first started watching I thought she was 17/18 based on the way she acted but she’s actually 25. I remember she visited DLP last summer and decided to ignore the mask rules just so she could get the “perfect insta pic” and that really annoyed me.
Agreed- she is really babyish for a 25 year old. And she has moaned several times when her views have been low. Clearly in it for the money.
But the one video that wound me up was when she was complaining about her old private school saying it was too stressful etc. Well you know what Princess Talbut? Boo frickin hoo! She had a private education which most people would kill for! Here I am with my bog standard state school education and forgive me for not being sympathetic! When people whine about their privilege and make it into a drama they really are scrapping the barrel!

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Agreed- she is really babyish for a 25 year old. And she has moaned several times when her views have been low. Clearly in it for the money.
But the one video that wound me up was when she was complaining about her old private school saying it was too stressful etc. Well you know what Princess Talbut? Boo frickin hoo! She had a private education which most people would kill for! Here I am with my bog standard state school education and forgive me for not being sympathetic! When people whine about their privilege and make it into a drama they really are scrapping the barrel!
She seems to complain an awful lot about things that most people just can’t relate to! She definitely thinks she’s a real life princess and it’s VERY odd-putting. She did a “reacting to your Disney opinions” video recently and was so rude about what other people said when it wasn’t something she agreed with! Your opinion isn’t fact Emily, no need to be so nasty 🙄

She seems to complain an awful lot about things that most people just can’t relate to! She definitely thinks she’s a real life princess and it’s VERY odd-putting. She did a “reacting to your Disney opinions” video recently and was so rude about what other people said when it wasn’t something she agreed with! Your opinion isn’t fact Emily, no need to be so nasty 🙄
Oh yes I remember that video! Yes she was so rude and arrogant if someone had a different opinion. Had a really smug face you just wanted to slap. Princess Talbut really isn’t anything special so she needs to drop the attitude.

I am a huge fan of the Foulger Family Florida Vlogs. They felt really authentic and you could tell they had really saved up to enjoy that holiday and enjoyed every single minute.
I really like their WDW series, re-watched a couple of times this past year.

Have you watched George Lester? Really good series from 2019, they have the dining plan and do a really good job of reviewing dining and snack options, whether they are worth the credits etc. - throughly enjoyed the series and have re-watched it too.

Disney have just announced the Galactic Starcruiser opening and pricing! Who do we think will be the first to throw their money at this? 😂

Their channel/videos are about them and their experiences not other people and meet ups and takeovers as they all like to call them.

Great Camera work from bigger vloggers, smaller vloggers may be using phone so as long as it’s stable I’m ok with this.

Being themselves not playing up to the camera like a fake voice or over acting, if it’s Disney vlogs I’m not a fan of swearing.

Have good manners - if you tell us you’re eating or going to eat and show us the menu show us the food before you eat and if you absolutely must taste test chew with you mouth closed FFS

People who don’t watch their own vlogs before offering them up to the public and then finding editing errors or sound problems in them - like the same clip twice or sound to loud on music and then can’t hear them talking in next clip.

When the say - oh wow look at this but the camera is pointing toward them and then they say “hang on I’ll spin you around” just pause flip camera and then show us - editing is a skill you know!

Transitions in editing - too many and you’ve lost me!

Disney have just announced the Galactic Starcruiser opening and pricing! Who do we think will be the first to throw their money at this? 😂
No doubt they will all be chasing a freebie 😂😂😂

Reactions: 2
Those prices are too rich for me, that's two weeks in Florida including flights level money. I get its all about the experience but I'll wait for someone to go to it first rather than waste my money on it.

Reactions: 3
Me and my boyfriend were considering doing the Starcruiser as we're big Star Wars fans but prices starting at nearly $5k for 2 nights is crazy! It's also only a day and a half of activities - you get on the Starcruiser between 1pm and 4pm on day 1 and have to leave around 9am on day 3! Half of day 2 is pretty much just going round Galaxy's Edge which you can do anyway.

I'll be really interested to see how well it books. I have a big birthday next year so we were thinking of doing it as part of a WDW trip, but for that price I'd rather rent DVC points and have a nice hotel for a week.

I can totally see the likes of Yaz and Ash passing round the begging bowl to their Patreons to fund a trip.

Me and my boyfriend were considering doing the Starcruiser as we're big Star Wars fans but prices starting at nearly $5k for 2 nights is crazy! It's also only a day and a half of activities - you get on the Starcruiser between 1pm and 4pm on day 1 and have to leave around 9am on day 3! Half of day 2 is pretty much just going round Galaxy's Edge which you can do anyway.

I'll be really interested to see how well it books. I have a big birthday next year so we were thinking of doing it as part of a WDW trip, but for that price I'd rather rent DVC points and have a nice hotel for a week.

I can totally see the likes of Yaz and Ash passing round the begging bowl to their Patreons to fund a trip.
Or do an actual disney cruise to Bahamas for couple of days.

They are selling the star wars thing like a cruise, but you're going to have to really love star wars to make that worth while. Also if you don't like role play or interaction then its also not likely to be for you.

I'd have thought a marvel hotel would have been a better investment but I guess the theme park rights issue with universal might be a reason they can't do that.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.