Disney Vloggers #2 Ears We Ego Again

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
American here.......Disneyland Paris is on my bucket list. My husband and I talk about going there once our son is off to college in 8 years!

Reactions: 4
Only

Only "brit" I've noticed genuinely likes Disneyland Paris is Sam4God but I don't think she's actually British! And she speaks French. otherwise, every other brit Disney vlogger I've ever watched hates on Disneyland Paris.
Helena and Martyn love it too

Edited to add: Mr David and Mr Ian love it too

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Disney in denial has had how many trips cancelled/rebooked? I cannot stand that woman and even her WDW vlogs are repetitive. Wake up late grab coffee go to MK ride people mover go into a shop point and price cancel dinning reservations and order Uber eats at the hotel like wtf!
I do not see the smores going as soon as the green light is given as I’m pretty sure they Mentioned on there 2019 trip it would be three or more years before they go back to florida.

Reactions: 7
Disney in denial has had how many trips cancelled/rebooked? I cannot stand that woman and even her WDW vlogs are repetitive. Wake up late grab coffee go to MK ride people mover go into a shop point and price cancel dinning reservations and order Uber eats at the hotel like wtf!
I do not see the smores going as soon as the green light is given as I’m pretty sure they Mentioned on there 2019 trip it would be three or more years before they go back to florida.
Yeah they did but I wonder if the pandemic will change that

Disney wasn't on my list but I have to say really craving the fun of the Disney bubble again after this lockdown.

Reactions: 1
Yeah they did but I wonder if the pandemic will change that

Disney wasn't on my list but I have to say really craving the fun of the Disney bubble again after this lockdown.
I think a lot of people are feeling the itch myself included luckily I was able to go not long before lockdown so I count myself lucky. I do enjoy the smores WDW trips and DLP trips so maybe they‘l go.

Reactions: 2
Helena and Martyn love it too

Edited to add: Mr David and Mr Ian love it too
Millsiebee has made some good DLP vlogs. Yaz and Ash made some really informative vlogs during last summer's restricted opening but I struggle to warm to them. Impressive amount of detail about the new operations, though, so credit where it's due.

Millsiebee has made some good DLP vlogs. Yaz and Ash made some really informative vlogs during last summer's restricted opening but I struggle to warm to them. Impressive amount of detail about the new operations, though, so credit where it's due.
Yes, we love Millsiebee and Ellie, fabulous fun ladies 🥰

I was scrolling Facebook, and saw a photo of Josh from ResortTV1 "out of surgery". Already starting to fish for Super Chats for tomorrow night. I used to really enjoy their Friday night live streams, but now it is all just one big money grab.

I was scrolling Facebook, and saw a photo of Josh from ResortTV1 "out of surgery". Already starting to fish for Super Chats for tomorrow night. I used to really enjoy their Friday night live streams, but now it is all just one big money grab.
Yeah I have so many mixed emotions regarding ResortTV1. They seem to be really really nice and normal people. But they talk sooooo much during the streams and I really hate the whole concepts of superchats. It just makes me uncomfortable that people will just give them $100 like it is candy. I watched them a ton in lockdown but I’ve kind of moved on.

Yeah I have so many mixed emotions regarding ResortTV1. They seem to be really really nice and normal people. But they talk sooooo much during the streams and I really hate the whole concepts of superchats. It just makes me uncomfortable that people will just give them $100 like it is candy. I watched them a ton in lockdown but I’ve kind of moved on.
I was a faithful Friday Night Live for years - and I loved their live streams when WDW reopened. BUT they seem to burn through sponsors and friends faster than I can count.

I also don't like the way Jenna will say "Oh I really like this Loungefly......but gee, not sure I should spend the money" - and then 15 superchats come in with "Put this towards the backpack" and she ends up with $150 and rarely do we see she bought the ears or the bag.

Plus now Josh's wife has quit her job and does their "bookkeeping" full time. That tells you how much $$$ they pull in through their sponsors and Patreons and Superchats.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
This is a bugbear of mine. I think the Brits tend to look down on DLP because it's so close to home and you need a lot of money to visit WDW. (Not that DLP is cheap mind you) I've never been to WDW and I'm only considering going now I've been able to save money during lockdown. It just smacks of snobbery to me.
I don't necessarily agree with this. Having been to both US Parks, DLP and DLHK, there are marked differences with DLP which I don't think you can blame on us Brits point of view.

You have to remember the French never wanted DLP to be built and I think they still haven't been able to shake this. It has definitely improved over the years but still there is this underlying undertone. Every nationality has their own distinct personality and American cast members just enthuse happiness. You do not get this same level of happiness when in Paris and a lot of communication is done through grunting or with a distinct look of having just stepped in something unpleasant.

Also, aside from the US Parks and Tokyo, the other parks do not seem to get the same level of investment. This can be seen from the WSP in Paris which only now with Disney taking back full ownership has seen some investment. However, with Covid it is yet to be seen how much of this will come to fruition.

As a Brit I can tell you that unless we get sunshine 24/7 whilst on holiday we are far from happy. This is not guaranteed in Paris like it is in the US.

On the topic of Seeshaun Vlog, whilst in lockdown food was the main source of enjoyment for people as nothing else was open. However, now we are out of lockdown I don't see how you can justify this. I saw in one Vlog over the weekend he ordered 4 takeaways and then also got some too good to gos. He must be a heart attack waiting to happen.

Reactions: 5
I get where you're coming from but have to disagree on brits needing sunshine, I'm a brit and don't have this sun obsession that so many have. I've also gone to Orlando many times and had even had almost two weeks of entire rain in May, not even hurricane season.

Each park has its own character and is respectful of local cultures. I think that's why Paris is the most beautiful and well designed, extra effort was made to fit in European historic buildings and taste.

I do understand the cast Members comment, but I've never had rude ones just not over the top niceness. Also I have noticed a dip over time of American service now vs 10 to 15 years ago. Japan now by far has the best cast members. Although interestingly Paris is the only park where I've experienced 'extra magic' (actually happened twice) thanks to cast members.

Paris definitely has its faults, but they all do.

Reactions: 6
I agree, we haven't come across rude Cast Members in Paris they just aren't as bubbly (over the top) as the US Cast Members. That being said we have had some really amazing encounters in Paris!

I love the Park, it is stunning to look at and while I agree the food is not as fun as the US parks with snacks etc we still enjoy the food we have there

Reactions: 6
I think the problem some people have with DLP is a lack of understanding of French culture and how important “égalité” is.

What the French see as treating everyone the same, far too many people see as them refusing to give a bit of pixie dust. Prime example is the stuff I saw with Knappily that I mentioned on the last thread. Her view of them refusing to let her take a pram in the disabled entrance was the cast members being rude when actually it was just about treating everyone equal.

That’s my two cents anyway 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.