Disney Vloggers #2 Ears We Ego Again

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the problem some people have with DLP is a lack of understanding of French culture and how important “égalité” is.

What the French see as treating everyone the same, far too many people see as them refusing to give a bit of pixie dust. Prime example is the stuff I saw with Knappily that I mentioned on the last thread. Her view of them refusing to let her take a pram in the disabled entrance was the cast members being rude when actually it was just about treating everyone equal.

That’s my two cents anyway 🤷‍♀️
It's crazy, pixie dust is exactly that, something that's rare and not to be expected! I was very lucky as I received flowers, biscuits and champagne in my room for my 40th birthday in 2019 but I went on the trip knowing that it wasn't a given as so many people celebrate birthdays etc at DLP and they can't treat everyone!
Some people go expecting something for nothing, as it's Disney and magical so they should give you free stuff 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 8
Just started a thread on Disney Food Blog for anyone interested

Reactions: 2
Okay so I was thinking about various Dis Vloggers today and I think I figured out why I get sick of some of them. I think I actually prefer ones that DON’T go to the parks everyday and maybe don’t even live in Orlando full time. Maybe they only go a few times a year but it keeps their perspective fresh and their excitement authentic and believable. A lot of them start to seem burned out. WDW is amazing and I love it, but sometimes you have to take a break.

Reactions: 5
I'm not actually against this, it's always seemed odd to me when they charge everywhere else. Queues and crowds gave gotten bigger in last decade. I do kind of miss the old disney where it wasn't policy to cram as many in as possible

It will be interesting to see how whatever changes WDW brings in post covid affect the vloggers and how easy they make money.

BTW Breydon at Mickey Views is really worth a follow. One of the good ones to me, and seems to have good contacts.

I'm not actually against this, it's always seemed odd to me when they charge everywhere else. Queues and crowds gave gotten bigger in last decade. I do kind of miss the old disney where it wasn't policy to cram as many in as possible

It will be interesting to see how whatever changes WDW brings in post covid affect the vloggers and how easy they make money.

BTW Breydon at Mickey Views is really worth a follow. One of the good ones to me, and seems to have good contacts.

I’m not against paying for fastpass either tbh, I prefer the way universal do it! We always just budget the extra to stay at one of their top hotels to get the fastpass! But I do think if they bring it in disney onsite guests should get like 1 free fastpass a day for a benefit of staying onsite as the price difference right now for onsite/offsite is crazy esp taking away free magic bands/magical express, the fastpass doesnt cost them anything to give as a benefit to guests

Reactions: 3
I’m not against paying for fastpass either tbh, I prefer the way universal do it! We always just budget the extra to stay at one of their top hotels to get the fastpass! But I do think if they bring it in disney onsite guests should get like 1 free fastpass a day for a benefit of staying onsite as the price difference right now for onsite/offsite is crazy esp taking away free magic bands/magical express, the fastpass doesnt cost them anything to give as a benefit to guests
Yeah I agree, the incentives to stay onsite are vanishing fast

Reactions: 2
I don’t really know how I’d feel about paying extra for Fastpass. For Universal, yeah, because it’s only two parks and I wouldn’t want to do more than one day at each park. So one night’s stay will potentially give you two days of Express pass. With Disney, I’d have to at least get it for 4 days. I doubt they’ll include the Fastpass for hotel guests, but with how ridiculous the room rates have already become, I’d shudder to think what they’d charge with Fastpass. If rates were to remain the same, it would actually be worth it.

By the way: I may be wrong, but I think Paul’s “rebranded” channel has now completely vanished. He might just be figuring out what he wants to do, or like someone has mentioned: pop back up, when he teams up with Nathan for a joined Disney trip. Again, I do hope he is ok.

The paid fast passes for UK guests would just be too much. People are staying 10 days, to 3 weeks onsite from the UK, so imagine that at $300 per day!!!
I'm really hoping Disney are testing the water, to see people's reactions as it won't go down well. Like @Figgy411 said, universal and even Disneyland Paris and California work with paying for fastpasses, becuase people only go for a couple of days!
I'm wondering if it is brought in, whether UK travel agents will offer a 14 night package including these paid for fastpasses, as if not business for onsite hotels is gonna drop!

The paid fast passes for UK guests would just be too much. People are staying 10 days, to 3 weeks onsite from the UK, so imagine that at $300 per day!!!
I'm really hoping Disney are testing the water, to see people's reactions as it won't go down well. Like @Figgy411 said, universal and even Disneyland Paris and California work with paying for fastpasses, becuase people only go for a couple of days!
I'm wondering if it is brought in, whether UK travel agents will offer a 14 night package including these paid for fastpasses, as if not business for onsite hotels is gonna drop!
Yes but then it goes back to how it was, one queue going quicker (with a much smaller fastpass line) and not having to plan your whole trip 6 months out. Fast passes are a relatively new thing, especially the way they are done now. It's not like you have to pay for fastpass, you just go on the day and go on the rides.

If people haven't I suggest watching the video, he explains it well and it makes a lot of sense. There is now so much demand disney are in a strong position.

It shows the difference that these days people go to Disney so many times where as 15 to 20 years ago it was more of a once in a lifetime or certainly saved up for a few years.

Yes but then it goes back to how it was, one queue going quicker (with a much smaller fastpass line) and not having to plan your whole trip 6 months out. Fast passes are a relatively new thing, especially the way they are done now. It's not like you have to pay for fastpass, you just go on the day and go on the rides.

If people haven't I suggest watching the video, he explains it well and it makes a lot of sense. There is now so much demand disney are in a strong position.

It shows the difference that these days people go to Disney so many times where as 15 to 20 years ago it was more of a once in a lifetime or certainly saved up for a few years.
yeah, the video does make sense. I know all the vloggers are saying the lines move a lot faster without Fastpass, and the argument is, that not enough people will spring for the option of an expensive Lightning Pass, to slow down the regular line.

But I don’t find that to be true for Universal. Whenever I’ve gone, the lines were awful without Express Pass, at least for the rides that I really wanted to ride.

We’ll see what Disney will end up doing. I figure he is right: they are starting to realize they can charge whatever the hell they want, they can cut whatever they want. People want to be there so badly, it won’t change their bottom line. It reminds me of that scene with the lawyer in the first Jurassic Park film.

Reactions: 1
I’ve recently discovered findusinparadise on Instagram (if they haven’t been mentioned already) and they are great - couple living in Orlando and go to the parks regularly.

Reactions: 5
Does it bother anyone else when apparently spontaneous vloggers have a shot of the vlogger(s) walking where it is obvious the camera had to be set up, and staged to looked not set up? Am I just noticing this type of thing more, or is it becoming more common?

Reactions: 6
Does it bother anyone else when apparently spontaneous vloggers have a shot of the vlogger(s) walking where it is obvious the camera had to be set up, and staged to looked not set up? Am I just noticing this type of thing more, or is it becoming more common?
OMG !!! Thank the Lord this isn't just me 🤣 It is super cringey that they set it up, walk past it and then have to go back on themselves. What a palaver.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.