Disney Vloggers #12 Heigh-ho, heigh-ho, not off to work we go

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I actually had a call with her about it (you know when you get back off holiday and basically want to be holiday planning for all eternity!ā€¦. Just me?!ā€¦.) but it stank of pyramid scheme and she was giving disingenuous vibes. The information that was sent looked like it hadnā€™t been proof read and written by someone doing a GCSE travel booklet (and got D for it!!)
---
Someone mentioned World Padlock in a previous thread and I also feel icky about them. She is literally so far up her own arse it looks painful.
screams pyramid because thatā€™s what it is.
Inteletravel is the bit that sells the travel to people, but itā€™s plannet marketing (an affiliate of inteletravel) that allows reps to sell memberships to create their ā€˜down-lineā€ and form their own ā€˜pyramid.

This is exactly what Surrey mummy does.
Using plan-net, Her principle is recruit as many people as possible - make out like itā€™s about selling holidays as thatā€™s the kicker for a lot of people - especially in the Disney community - to be planning peoples holidays in your spare time around your home life and kids etc, raking in commission for it all.

She will then makes a percentage off the monthly subscription fee for ā€˜sellingā€™ memberships, plus Iā€™m guessing a per Person sign up bonus too. The more she recruits, the more she makes as well as a bit of the commission that any of her ā€˜workersā€™ make.

This commission stuff for the end workers is woeful in reality, and will barely break even by the end of the year (if at all) - their own website says commission is in the 5-28% commission paid from suppliers. But workers who sell only get 70% of that commission (80% later on but it isnā€™t clear at what point)

example on their website - sell a Ā£5000 holiday, commission Ā£350 (based on 10% average). But you might have had to do 10 quotes to sell just 1 (at best if you get a 1 in 10 conversion of quote to sales), taking 2-3 hours each. So say it was 30 hours effort to make Ā£350 commission. Thatā€™s Ā£12 an hour. At bestā€¦ before you deduct your monthly subscription fee of Ā£40. You also donā€™t get that money until 30-60 days after the supplier has been paidā€¦Tesco hourly rate isnā€™t too far off thisā€¦

so you need to sell a chunk of holidays to break even and recoup your Ā£500 a year membership fee.

im sure there will be someone along to defend the scheme soon with ā€˜factsā€™ as there always is on forums like this :LOL::LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I used to like them (even though short planks came to mind) but they became moany, thirsty and obsessed with cruises like nearly all vloggers now. Why are they doing merch? Hardly setting the world alight with their channel!!

Reactions: 5
I remember Get Binky going down the merch road and the Lodge Twats, TP Bazza etc
Could it be any more big headed to have a small youtube channel and think there will be a huge demand for your fruit ot the loom t shirts and hoodies?
Greedy bleeping assholes

• Haha
How thick can you be to reach that age and not know how to use an apostrophe?
Is it one couple or more?

As these people always end up here:
One Coupleā€™s Adventure

How embarrassing.

• Haha
I used to like them (even though short planks came to mind) but they became moany, thirsty and obsessed with cruises like nearly all vloggers now. Why are they doing merch? Hardly setting the world alight with their channel!!
I just canā€™t believe they have 15k subscribers! How?! Theyā€™re awful :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 2
If you look at the original post, 2 people said they would buy one (out of 5k followers). Probably their mates being kind

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I just canā€™t believe they have 15k subscribers! How?! Theyā€™re awful :ROFLMAO:
It's no coincidence that their subscribers starting going up and up as soon as they started doing cruises as it's the new "Disney" for getting the views/subs in. For me the opposite happen, go on a cruise I unsubscribe as I have no desire to be packed into a floating tin can at all.

screams pyramid because thatā€™s what it is.
Inteletravel is the bit that sells the travel to people, but itā€™s plannet marketing (an affiliate of inteletravel) that allows reps to sell memberships to create their ā€˜down-lineā€ and form their own ā€˜pyramid.

This is exactly what Surrey mummy does.
Using plan-net, Her principle is recruit as many people as possible - make out like itā€™s about selling holidays as thatā€™s the kicker for a lot of people - especially in the Disney community - to be planning peoples holidays in your spare time around your home life and kids etc, raking in commission for it all.

She will then makes a percentage off the monthly subscription fee for ā€˜sellingā€™ memberships, plus Iā€™m guessing a per Person sign up bonus too. The more she recruits, the more she makes as well as a bit of the commission that any of her ā€˜workersā€™ make.

This commission stuff for the end workers is woeful in reality, and will barely break even by the end of the year (if at all) - their own website says commission is in the 5-28% commission paid from suppliers. But workers who sell only get 70% of that commission (80% later on but it isnā€™t clear at what point)

example on their website - sell a Ā£5000 holiday, commission Ā£350 (based on 10% average). But you might have had to do 10 quotes to sell just 1 (at best if you get a 1 in 10 conversion of quote to sales), taking 2-3 hours each. So say it was 30 hours effort to make Ā£350 commission. Thatā€™s Ā£12 an hour. At bestā€¦ before you deduct your monthly subscription fee of Ā£40. You also donā€™t get that money until 30-60 days after the supplier has been paidā€¦Tesco hourly rate isnā€™t too far off thisā€¦

so you need to sell a chunk of holidays to break even and recoup your Ā£500 a year membership fee.

im sure there will be someone along to defend the scheme soon with ā€˜factsā€™ as there always is on forums like this :LOL::LOL:
I always thought she was a wanker when I saw that she was wearing a hat with her Instagram name on it. This just confirms sheā€™s even more desperate than I thought.

• Haha
It's no coincidence that their subscribers starting going up and up as soon as they started doing cruises as it's the new "Disney" for getting the views/subs in. For me the opposite happen, go on a cruise I unsubscribe as I have no desire to be packed into a floating tin can at all.
Itā€™s daycare for adults so I can see why it appeals to these same people. Everything needs to be sold as a package for them, and they wonā€™t do anything outside of that bubble. Like Adam Hattan not getting off the ship or Victoria never doing typhoon lagoon after like 40 trips.
(Of course Iā€™m generalising here, not saying everyone who likes Disney and cruises is the same).

Itā€™s daycare for adults so I can see why it appeals to these same people. Everything needs to be sold as a package for them, and they wonā€™t do anything outside of that bubble. Like Adam Hattan not getting off the ship or Victoria never doing typhoon lagoon after like 40 trips.
(Of course Iā€™m generalising here, not saying everyone who likes Disney and cruises is the same).
And they all went like sheep onto that staycation cruise in the U.K. that looked awful

• Haha
Reactions: 5
That was one of the smartest money grabs I ever saw Disney do during an international lockdown. A boat that didnā€™t even leave the country and they all sold it out instantly šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 7
That Norwegian Fjords cruise on Iona appears to be all the rage at the moment. I think it summed up the sheep think when someone commented on The Dis that they had been dragged to the Petroleum Museum in Stavanger but begrudgingly admitted it was actually quite interesting. Heaven forbid you might actually do something outside the tiny little world you're restricting yourself to and actually learn something!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
If you look at the original post, 2 people said they would buy one (out of 5k followers). Probably their mates being kind

This is gold. So many people have asked us. duck right off.
---
Look at all the hashtags she used. Debbie Desperate

Last edited:
  • Haha
Speaking of people buying Disney tat. More passive aggressive insta stories from Emily of Kingdom Threads. Sheā€™s shocked that people who ordered things from her back in April/May might be annoyed theyā€™ve not yet received them. How she functioned in business for so long, I will never know.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.