Disney Vloggers #12 Heigh-ho, heigh-ho, not off to work we go

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Continuation from the previous thread…

i posted about this unbearable ‘surrey mummy’ woman the other day - hardly anyone replied so I thought I was the only one who can’t stand her 😁😁😁

Regardless of what they say, inteletravel is a pyramid scheme and most people see right through it. She’s so relentless about her ‘successful business’ - what’s she’s actually successful at is recruiting people. It isn’t about selling holidays. It’s about selling the idealistic view of working in your spare time, doing something you love and earning in your spare time / flexible around home life blah blah blah. Which is an absolute MLM sales 101.. she’s recruiting other Disney mums to work for her…to all try and compete against each other to sell Disney holidays to their friends and family….

I’d put money on it that the long term retention of sign ups is poor (I bet it’s about 50/50 at best) - so the business model is about recruiting as many people as possible and getting in as many people as you can.

how many People sold scentscy candles, Tupperware, Avon (the endless lists of these schemes!) were ever operating at a true profit as a self sufficient business? Plough all the work into selling stuff and making a measly bit of commission, whilst the ‘area’ managers get paid for subscriptions of people and rinsing off the cream top of the whole lot. people who join these things have to pay £500+ in the first year…for ‘training’ and membership fees.
(if you read some of the insider stuff on this, they consider their own ‘agents’ to be customers too….because they are paying money into it)

Aside from making commission back on your own holidays, I bet the conversion rate of quotes to actual sales is really low - but that’s not the primary aim of the business anyway…

check out ‘dear society’ on YouTube, they have covered off how these things work.

Reactions: 7
Recap. Sunbed Savage released a load of crap parody vlogs before making a short lived return to travel vlogs with Poundland Cheryl.
The usual suspects continued to do the same trips on repeat and to flex wherever possible.
Everybody is bored of going and their audience is bored of watching.
The Jokes from Stoke think they are actual celebrities and a new member of Disney Onlyfans alumni was introduced as the big man boobed Knightstriders gf was found to be face modeling greek yoghurt for a fiver a month online.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Is that Annis other kids joining them? Wow wonder why they were suddenly allowed, thought they were chained in the basement running a shady underground business funding mummy’s holidays

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Is that Annis other kids joining them? Wow wonder why they were suddenly allowed, thought they were chained in the basement running a shady underground business funding mummy’s holidays
:sick: Annistores wears those horrendous sandals…they are one step away from geography teacher shoes…these need to go in the bin

• Haha
Reactions: 4
How do I start a thread? I tried on the Instagram page for all Disney content creators but no start a thread option

How do I start a thread? I tried on the Instagram page for all Disney content creators but no start a thread option
I'm interested in learning how to do that as well. I would love to see a thread devoted to Tom Does Disney. I've been posting under his best buddy's, Pat/Rope Drop, thread but this jerk is certainly deserving of his own.

I think you need at least 100 posts. I find that the groupings for these threads doesn't make sense and no one really puts them where they should go. This thread is in Bloggers, but it probably should be under influencers. These people aren't bloggers, but there is no vlogger forum on tattle. If you do start a thread, it should probably be under Instagramers.

I know they aren’t strictly vloggers if they just do Instagram content, but I’d say just post about them here. I bet there’s the same issues with them as there are vloggers 😂

Reactions: 3
I think you need at least 100 posts. I find that the groupings for these threads doesn't make sense and no one really puts them where they should go. This thread is in Bloggers, but it probably should be under influencers. These people aren't bloggers, but there is no vlogger forum on tattle. If you do start a thread, it should probably be under Instagramers.
I wouldn’t call these people influencers at all, they don’t do ads or influence anything. They just vlog / post their holidays.
I think ‘blogger’ is really outdated, but I take it to mean ‘vlogger’ here.

I believe when a thread reaches 1k, the messaging at the bottom has instructions on how to create a new one. This was well past 1k replies so made one quickly so thanks @CrinkleCut88 for the hilarious recap. Disney onlyfans alumni 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I was just going to call out a few of the Disney creators who are buying followers
Disneylife_1987
Disneymadmum
They work with big companies like Charlotte tilbury but they constantly buy followers I can tell looking at social blade gaining 500 followers a day and then for a week loosing followers no gains and there reel views are so low surely companies need to look at this??

• Angry
I was just going to call out a few of the Disney creators who are buying followers
Disneylife_1987
Disneymadmum
They work with big companies like Charlotte tilbury but they constantly buy followers I can tell looking at social blade gaining 500 followers a day and then for a week loosing followers no gains and there reel views are so low surely companies need to look at this??
I've noticed them! They tag loads of engagement pages in their photos too. I don't think companies seem to care. I've seen accounts with amazing photos and reels get passed over for collabs and then these clowns get loads because of their obviously fake followers

Social blade isn’t a good indication unfortunately. I mean, I’m sure theres loads who are buying / doing follow loops, but the way social blade works (and any other site that shows numbers for social media) is through API calls which they’re limited from doing otherwise they get flagged as spam. A lot of the social media sites also just bring back round numbers now rather than exact figures. 500 gains in a day could be 477 rounded up. YT for example will only show in 100’s if you’re under 1000 subs, 10’s under 10,000 subs, etc (I think, it’s a few months since I was working on data reports at work).

There’s loads of documentation on Meta and Google about how their APIs work. It’s probably only interesting if you’re a data nerd like me, but the amount of information you can get is staggering.

Social blade isn’t a good indication unfortunately. I mean, I’m sure theres loads who are buying / doing follow loops, but the way social blade works (and any other site that shows numbers for social media) is through API calls which they’re limited from doing otherwise they get flagged as spam. A lot of the social media sites also just bring back round numbers now rather than exact figures. 500 gains in a day could be 477 rounded up. YT for example will only show in 100’s if you’re under 1000 subs, 10’s under 10,000 subs, etc (I think, it’s a few months since I was working on data reports at work).

There’s loads of documentation on Meta and Google about how their APIs work. It’s probably only interesting if you’re a data nerd like me, but the amount of information you can get is staggering.
Mine shows up how my followers are going so seems pretty accurate

:sick: Annistores wears those horrendous sandals…they are one step away from geography teacher shoes…these need to go in the bin
Oh wow I always cringe at those sandals! I’m buckled 🤣🤣🤣
---
She has zilch style but perseveres with outfit of the day like its 2015 still. Odd woman odd family.
Also one of the only families I see managing a 3 course meal twice a day in the Florida heat

Mine shows up how my followers are going so seems pretty accurate
There’s literally thousands of permutations though. Depending on how old an account is will depend on which API can be used, if followers are in certain countries it may not count them, the follower type can include “unknown” where Insta isn’t sure if they are a follower or not, and depending on how Social Blade have coded that response they may include those in followers. Followers and unfollowers is shown as a total day value, so depending on when the request was made could vary the results (and also doesn’t show that 10 unfollowed and 11 new followed so it’s overall a gain).

Add into that the API goes down as does the count on Instagrams side, and overall it’s just not a reliable source to say someone is buying followers.

A much better way is to look at who follows a person. Lots of accounts with 100 followers, a profile pic and 1 post that has been liked by every account that follows it? Usually a bot (the algorithm to detect used to go off no posts no followers so people got creative with having bot accounts follow each other).

I went through a lot of the recent followers and they are all a foreign name with numbers and some even have the same profile photos if I can notice it I don’t know why brand don’t lol

Reactions: 2
There’s literally thousands of permutations though. Depending on how old an account is will depend on which API can be used, if followers are in certain countries it may not count them, the follower type can include “unknown” where Insta isn’t sure if they are a follower or not, and depending on how Social Blade have coded that response they may include those in followers. Followers and unfollowers is shown as a total day value, so depending on when the request was made could vary the results (and also doesn’t show that 10 unfollowed and 11 new followed so it’s overall a gain).

Add into that the API goes down as does the count on Instagrams side, and overall it’s just not a reliable source to say someone is buying followers.

A much better way is to look at who follows a person. Lots of accounts with 100 followers, a profile pic and 1 post that has been liked by every account that follows it? Usually a bot (the algorithm to detect used to go off no posts no followers so people got creative with having bot accounts follow each other).
A quick look at an accounts followers will often tell its own story. It must be very sad to be that desperate to appear popular that you buy them.

A quick look at an accounts followers will often tell its own story. It must be very sad to be that desperate to appear popular that you buy them.
And if it’s to gain sponsorships / ads then I liken it to fraud. They know these metrics are what brands look for as part of selection and pay rate. It’s disgusting and unfair to those who worked hard to build an organic following. I’m very surprised there are not easier tools out there to spot this.

Surely though, if its your job, wouldn’t you just look? I’ve never understand it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.