Disney Vloggers #11 Something for free? Me, me, me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought it was against the law to be recorded and shared without your consent?! I know there used to be signs going into the parks about the possibility of being filmed but that is by Disney or Universal staff for promotional activities, not for anyone with a camera looking to make money.

I actively mark all channels that are broadcasting live from inside the parks as "do not recommend this channel" as a hope it messes the algorithm.

Reactions: 2
I thought it was against the law to be recorded and shared without your consent?! I know there used to be signs going into the parks about the possibility of being filmed but that is by Disney or Universal staff for promotional activities, not for anyone with a camera looking to make money.

I actively mark all channels that are broadcasting live from inside the parks as "do not recommend this channel" as a hope it messes the algorithm.
Generally in the United States, if you are in public you have no expectation of privacy and just about anything goes.

Generally in the United States, if you are in public you have no expectation of privacy and just about anything goes.
As a US/ UK dual citizenship , I respectfully disagree with this. The US is much more conservative when it comes to things like this.

Reactions: 1
Unfortunately. Some will crop or blur faces of folks, but most don't give a crap. Would love someone to show up where they're either working or vlogging and record them going to lunch etc.
Kind of like the Seinfeld episode where he goes to the person's workplace to heckle them.
---
As a US/ UK dual citizenship , I respectfully disagree with this. The US is much more conservative when it comes to things like this.
Not really. If you're in a public place, unless there are signs prohibiting or you're specifically recording someone specific, it's generally fine. You can't specifically record others' activities or their conversations.

Last edited:
If anyone I watch starts this sunglasses camera bs, I'm unsubbing and I hope other people will do the same. It's one thing if someone vlogging is obvious about it and you can steer clear if you don't want to be filmed, and another to have no choice.

Reactions: 4
I am simply stating the law. A company can request you not do something on their private property, but didn't doesn't have signs asking people not to record video. In public, you have no expectation of privacy. The US Supreme Court has ruled on this several times. There can be instances where you need a release for commercial purposes, but that would only be an issue if someone is featured in the video, not just a random stranger walking by.

Unfortunately. Some will crop or blur faces of folks, but most don't give a crap. Would love someone to show up where they're either working or vlogging and record them going to lunch etc.
Kind of like the Seinfeld episode where he goes to the person's workplace to heckle them.
---

Not really. If you're in a public place, unless there are signs prohibiting or you're specifically recording someone specific, it's generally fine. You can't specifically record others' activities or their conversations.
CCTV coverage is much lower in the US than in the UK though.
I am simply stating the law. A company can request you not do something on their private property, but didn't doesn't have signs asking people not to record video. In public, you have no expectation of privacy. The US Supreme Court has ruled on this several times. There can be instances where you need a release for commercial purposes, but that would only be an issue if someone is featured in the video, not just a random stranger walking by.
Fair enough.

This couple is so annoying.

DLP have the right to change the t&cs of the AP holders. Check your contract and you might see it.
I get it’s not a great change but you’ve been an AP holder for less than a year. If you don’t like it, just don’t renew it?

This couple is so annoying.

DLP have the right to change the t&cs of the AP holders. Check your contract and you might see it.
I get it’s not a great change but you’ve been an AP holder for less than a year. If you don’t like it, just don’t renew it?

I’m so glad you posted this! Her stories really pissed me off yesterday… ‘we wont be renewing’ and tagging DLP in - like they’re going to care about you not renewing 😂 she sounds so entitled 🤬 and she looks like someone from whoville!

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I’m so glad you posted this! Her stories really pissed me off yesterday… ‘we wont be renewing’ and tagging DLP in - like they’re going to care about you not renewing 😂 she sounds so entitled 🤬 and she looks like someone from whoville!
Majority of the vloggers are entitled tw@s

Reactions: 6
She is entitled. Did you see the video from their “Disneymoon” where she got her room allocated at Animal Kingdom Lodge and immediately checked it on a room plan? She didn’t like it’s location and said she wouldn’t accept it and went to reception in a huff to get it changed. So entitled!

• Wow
She is entitled. Did you see the video from their “Disneymoon” where she got her room allocated at Animal Kingdom Lodge and immediately checked it on a room plan? She didn’t like it’s location and said she wouldn’t accept it and went to reception in a huff to get it changed. So entitled!
Some people don't realize that this kind of stuff is actually part of why the rooms are expensive. Because entitled people do stuff like this.

Going to Disneyland when American schools are on holiday and it’s busy. Who would have guessed?!
And boy does it get busy. We went over Easter once, Sunday was dead, walked on the everything. SoCal Spring Break started the following day and it was slammed! The AP holders were out in force!

On the DLP APs. I won’t be renewing either, it’s clear they don’t make enough money from Annual Pass holders compared to those buying hotel packages, hence why they make it difficult with the reservations, and now whacking the prices up

Coming from the UK where you’re likely to stay more than 2 nights and therefore want more than 3 park reservations and want to stay offsite is essentially impossible.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.