Disney #2 planning, preparation, tips, tricks and advice

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not specific to Disney but my partner and I are thinking of going to Orlando in May next year and wondering if anyone has any tips on the cheapest way to book flights/hotel & park tickets?
also would you say May is a good time to go?
Thanks in advance
I went 12th November-First week of December last year. Christmas stuff was up and the week after Thanksgiving was actually really quiet. First week was really hot (for me) about late 20s but felt hotter as the sun was so strong, second week (thanksgiving) was much cooler actually as it was quite cloudy but that made it more bearable around the parks, first week of December was early-mid 20s and hot enough but certainly bearable and ok to go around the parks. This was also my first time and I tend to feel overwhelmed by heat. I would highly recommend buying a neck fan and cooling towel if it's your first time.

Reactions: 2
I went 12th November-First week of December last year. Christmas stuff was up and the week after Thanksgiving was actually really quiet. First week was really hot (for me) about late 20s but felt hotter as the sun was so strong, second week (thanksgiving) was much cooler actually as it was quite cloudy but that made it more bearable around the parks, first week of December was early-mid 20s and hot enough but certainly bearable and ok to go around the parks. This was also my first time and I tend to feel overwhelmed by heat. I would highly recommend buying a neck fan and cooling towel if it's your first time.
We found it unbearable the first week of Ddcmebed, well the first 4 days but we'd just arrived, it did cool down and it was around 18° when we were coming home and it felt freezing over there.

Reactions: 1
Has anyone bought park tickets from OrlandoAttractionTickets.co.uk ? Seems slightly cheaper than other sites but the website looks like it was made for BTEC media studies

Has anyone bought park tickets from OrlandoAttractionTickets.co.uk ? Seems slightly cheaper than other sites but the website looks like it was made for BTEC media studies

haha I know what you mean! I bought my universal tickets last year from them and no issues at all! Got my Disney tickets for next year off them too 😊

I bought directly from Disney, I found them the cheapest

I got mine off Attraction Tickets whilst they had the 5% off sale recently. When are you going? Might be worth holding out for another sale

Hello! I’m sure I’ve posted on here before but we’re (2 adults 2 kids under 10) off to Orlando FL early October this year for two weeks and have everything pretty much booked and sorted. We plan to do both Disney and Universal and have never been before.

I was wondering if anyone could give me their recommendations of what footwear to take? I know it varies by person but what has worked for you with all the walking? I really struggle to find comfy shoes at the best of times, and really don’t want to ruin the experience by having my feet cut to shreds on the first day.

I have purchased a pair of Hoka sandals and have been wearing them in at home with the intention of wearing them on waterpark days but what sort of trainers would you say are best? TIA x

Hello! I’m sure I’ve posted on here before but we’re (2 adults 2 kids under 10) off to Orlando FL early October this year for two weeks and have everything pretty much booked and sorted. We plan to do both Disney and Universal and have never been before.

I was wondering if anyone could give me their recommendations of what footwear to take? I know it varies by person but what has worked for you with all the walking? I really struggle to find comfy shoes at the best of times, and really don’t want to ruin the experience by having my feet cut to shreds on the first day.

I have purchased a pair of Hoka sandals and have been wearing them in at home with the intention of wearing them on waterpark days but what sort of trainers would you say are best? TIA x
sketchers!! Also swap your shoes! Don’t Wear the same more than 2 days in a row!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I do parks hard, rope drop to close day in day out and have never once had sore feet with my Skechers. Sore legs from walking so far every day, yes, but never sore feet. It does make me laugh when the self proclaimed Disney experts get blisters/sore feet. Or pack blister plasters because "IFYKYK". Well I for one do not know due to my fantastic Skechers. Oh and I can wear the same pair for as many days on the trot as I choose.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I wore my Skechers go walk flip flop sandal style ones and usually I wouldn’t entertain that type of shoe walking around the parks but I can honestly walk for ages in them so the trainers should be fab!

I just wore puma trainers and primark disney trainers and my feet were fine.

• Heart
On my last trip I wore fake converse from New Look. They were brand new - literally bought them the day before and wore them about the house for a bit but I knew they would be comfy as I’d had a pair the exact same before. Had no issues with wearing them all day in the parks. We only did three park days (was there for a cheer comp) but I actually wore the same shoes basically every single day of the holiday and I’d brought like six pairs with me 😂

Reactions: 3
I always wear my running/gym training as I know my feet will always be comfortable for long park days.

Hi everyone, sorry if this has been discussed before — I’m new to this thread. My husband and I are going to Florida in September (mainly doing Universal and visiting family), but we want to spend one full day in Disney World park-hopping between Epcot and Hollywood Studios. I can’t see anything about how to buy these specific one-day tickets online. I’ve also emailed Disney assistance UK but not heard back. Has anybody done this before and/or have any advice if this isn’t possible? Thank you