Disney #2 planning, preparation, tips, tricks and advice

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello 😊

I’m staying in hotels! This year I’m staying at one on international drive & next one in celebration. A lot of hotels provide free shuttles to and from the parks, maple magic Kingdom & Epcot
And the you can get to the other parks really easily From any on those! Also Lyft & Uber are reasonably priced! Sometimes the price goes up nearer park opening times but apart from that i think it’s fine and fair pricing! Will just get an Uber to and from the airport 😊
Fabulous, thank you! You have definitely inspired me to be more serious about it now! Thank you and have a fab time!

No I mean the studios building.
I know I and many others in the DLP groups refer to it as the Hollywood Studios Building. I didn't realise that wasn't common knowledge.
That building is called 'Studio 1'. Disney don't mention Hollywood in relation to that building on the park map, I hate Disney Park Groups lol

That building is called 'Studio 1'. Disney don't mention Hollywood in relation to that building on the park map, I hate Disney Park Groups lol
I know it is. It's just what I, and others call it. Either way, all this is taking away from the main point that the strikes are making DLP a pretty miserable place to be from reading various sources, and with no end to this in sight it's worth seeing if you can postpone whilst still ongoing.

The security brought in are apparently a delight and the only good thing is they have ceased action temporarily as it's Make a wish weekend. I have every sympathy with them, but I also have sympathy with families that have saved up for a long time for this.

Has anyone stayed in pop century? We went last Ddcember and stayed in the tower at coronado, which we loved, but our budget doesn't stretch that far for this trip we're planning. I want to stay off site at a dosney partner hotel, but the hubby and kids want a Disney hotel. We were also looking at port irlens Riverside and French Quarter, but none of the look as good as the destiny tower. The advantage of pop is that it has skylines, but the advantage of port orleans is that its a moderate.

Reactions: 1
Has anyone stayed in pop century? We went last Ddcember and stayed in the tower at coronado, which we loved, but our budget doesn't stretch that far for this trip we're planning. I want to stay off site at a dosney partner hotel, but the hubby and kids want a Disney hotel. We were also looking at port irlens Riverside and French Quarter, but none of the look as good as the destiny tower. The advantage of pop is that it has skylines, but the advantage of port orleans is that its a moderate.
Personally I’d go for port Orleans French quarter over Pop! Some people love Pop and the skyliner, but I always seem to get stuck on it or want to get it when it’s down for a storm 😂
POFQ is a lovely, quiet resort with everything there an easy walk away, and a decent single stop bus service. It’s my second favourite resort that I can realistically afford to stay at, after Coronado.

Reactions: 2
I’ve booked Pop for next year, stayed there before the Skyliner was in place and was really nice. Also you can walk across the bridge to Art of Animation and use their food court.

Was looking at booking a mod but for the price difference, even if you counted the amount of extra gift card decided with Pop. It was about £800 more for POFQ and more again for Coronado

Ooh what was the Tower like? Was it worth paying for? We stayed in the rooms on the complex but tried to upgrade and they were all fully booked (it had just opened)

Ooh what was the Tower like? Was it worth paying for? We stayed in the rooms on the complex but tried to upgrade and they were all fully booked (it had just opened)
The tower was amazing, we didn’t have the best view, it was the bus station, however it didn’t matter the room was great it was spacious, big enough for 4 of us. The bathroom was good, toilet separated by a pocket door. It was a short walk to the gift shop and the el mercado so we could top up our drinks. I‘ve heard that the tower rooms are like deluxe rooms but moderate prices. I’ve looked online and French quarter and pop rooms look small in comparison and the bathrooms don’t look as good. I think I’ve been spoilt by stating there. I would say if it’s budget then stay there, I’d stay there over a deluxe.
---
I’ve booked Pop for next year, stayed there before the Skyliner was in place and was really nice. Also you can walk across the bridge to Art of Animation and use their food court.

Was looking at booking a mod but for the price difference, even if you counted the amount of extra gift card decided with Pop. It was about £800 more for POFQ and more again for Coronado
Did you stay as a family of 4? How far is the walk to the main building? Americans have said it’s a walk, but were told it was far to walk to places when we there and it was a 10 minute walk.
The kids love the look of pop and the holiday is more for them.
---
Personally I’d go for port Orleans French quarter over Pop! Some people love Pop and the skyliner, but I always seem to get stuck on it or want to get it when it’s down for a storm 😂
POFQ is a lovely, quiet resort with everything there an easy walk away, and a decent single stop bus service. It’s my second favourite resort that I can realistically afford to stay at, after Coronado.
French quarter looks lovely, the pool is closed in January, but not sure that will matter at that time of year. I am torn between French quarter and pop

The tower was amazing, we didn’t have the best view, it was the bus station, however it didn’t matter the room was great it was spacious, big enough for 4 of us. The bathroom was good, toilet separated by a pocket door. It was a short walk to the gift shop and the el mercado so we could top up our drinks. I‘ve heard that the tower rooms are like deluxe rooms but moderate prices. I’ve looked online and French quarter and pop rooms look small in comparison and the bathrooms don’t look as good. I think I’ve been spoilt by stating there. I would say if it’s budget then stay there, I’d stay there over a deluxe.
---

Did you stay as a family of 4? How far is the walk to the main building? Americans have said it’s a walk, but were told it was far to walk to places when we there and it was a 10 minute walk.
---

French quarter looks lovely, the pool is closed in January, but not sure that will matter at that time of year. I am torn between French quarter and pop
We did some resort hopping last time and we’d decided that we’d like to stay in Port Orleans or POFQ as they both look nice. Pop looked okay as it has the skyliner but it reminded me of All Stars which is where we’ve stayed too and it wouldn’t be my first choice again if we could afford Coronado or one of the POrleans properties. As we’re just a couple, we prefer somewhere with a bar to relax in after the parks as the food court didn’t really do it for us at ASM. Coronado was perfect us though as we had the bar in the main area to relax in 🙂

---
We stayed as a 2 so can’t give the experience on how it is as a 4. We were in the 80s section which is one of the further away but it was about a 5-10 min walk to the main building (depending how tired you were!).

I’d maybe have a look at the family suites in Art of Animation if you have kids. There’s two bedroom areas and a little kitchenette bit. Would give the kids their own area and the adults a space to chill once they’re in bed.

Hated PO, we had a one night stay before moving over to yacht club & it was so depressing, dark, tired, old, small rooms. The grounds were pretty, but it wasn’t for me .

• Wow
We stayed as a 2 so can’t give the experience on how it is as a 4. We were in the 80s section which is one of the further away but it was about a 5-10 min walk to the main building (depending how tired you were!).

I’d maybe have a look at the family suites in Art of Animation if you have kids. There’s two bedroom areas and a little kitchenette bit. Would give the kids their own area and the adults a space to chill once they’re in bed.
I've priced up the suites and it works out at 10k so it in budget and I could stay at a deluxe for that, I can't believe how much it is for a suite.
A 5-10 minute walk isn't bad at all.
---
To throw another spanner into the works, I'm not considering carribean beach with the skylines being the main reason. It works out at £742 more than pop but we'd get a $1008 dining credit its $500 at pop and a $200 gift card at both. Caribbean reviews are quite mixed, inlooked at it for our holiday last year but discounted it for some reason. I just wish I wasn't so indecisive.

I've priced up the suites and it works out at 10k so it in budget and I could stay at a deluxe for that, I can't believe how much it is for a suite.
A 5-10 minute walk isn't bad at all.
---
To throw another spanner into the works, I'm not considering carribean beach with the skylines being the main reason. It works out at £742 more than pop but we'd get a $1008 dining credit its $500 at pop and a $200 gift card at both. Caribbean reviews are quite mixed, inlooked at it for our holiday last year but discounted it for some reason. I just wish I wasn't so indecisive.
That’s insane for the suite! Caribbean is one I’ve never considered as I’ve always been told it’s really spread out. However you do get the skyliner with it too and looks like it had a good pool for the kids.

Just away from hotels I picked up some reusable ponchos yesterday in Home Bargains for £1.70 odd each. Don’t go for 15 months but they’re really sturdy feeling so will put them away 😂

Reactions: 3
That’s insane for the suite! Caribbean is one I’ve never considered as I’ve always been told it’s really spread out. However you do get the skyliner with it too and looks like it had a good pool for the kids.

Just away from hotels I picked up some reusable ponchos yesterday in Home Bargains for £1.70 odd each. Don’t go for 15 months but they’re really sturdy feeling so will put them away 😂
I'm going to have to call in for some. I went in December last year and we only had one bad day, well it was only a morning. I wanted soem for the frozen ride if its not a warm day.

I've now booked the French quarter for January, it will be our last trip for at least 4 or 5 years, so that's myexcuse for spending extra on a moderate. I've booked flights separately and the hotel via Disney, it was a grand cheaper than booking with virgin and tui.

Not specific to Disney but my partner and I are thinking of going to Orlando in May next year and wondering if anyone has any tips on the cheapest way to book flights/hotel & park tickets?
also would you say May is a good time to go?
Thanks in advance

Not specific to Disney but my partner and I are thinking of going to Orlando in May next year and wondering if anyone has any tips on the cheapest way to book flights/hotel & park tickets?
Thanks in advance
I’ve found virgin Atlantic the cheapest flying from Manchester, London maybe cheaper as BA fly direct from there. I found booking the hotel direct cheaper, I’ve booked my resort through Disney and my disney tickets were cheaper direct from Disney. I was looking at hotels off site, the Drury hotel looked good and it was cheaper to book direct. I’ve normally booked with virgin holidays, but I’ve saved a grand booking flight and hotel separately this time.

Thanks in advance
I do the same as @Em_. Also check cash back websites and Blue Light card discounts if you have one. May, particularly the end of April in to May, is one of my favourite times to go. Usually good weather and before it gets too crazy hot.

Thanks in advance
I went 2nd May last year and it was so lovely! Was hot but not unbearable! The crowds were also moderate!

I’m going end of September this year and November next year so will have good comparisons!