Disney #2 planning, preparation, tips, tricks and advice

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone been to Halloween Horror Night at Universal but stayed at Disney? We're thinking of doing it but would have to Uber/Lyft it (not done that either before!)

Anyone been to Halloween Horror Night at Universal but stayed at Disney? We're thinking of doing it but would have to Uber/Lyft it (not done that either before!)
I’ve not but we used Uber and Lyft all holiday and literally could not be easier! And cheap! Best decision we made was not hiring a car! It is so well organised and they have designated collection points, would recommend it to anyone!

Reactions: 4
I’ve not but we used Uber and Lyft all holiday and literally could not be easier! And cheap! Best decision we made was not hiring a car! It is so well organised and they have designated collection points, would recommend it to anyone!
Second this- download them both and compare prices, found Lyft to often be the cheaper one. Also HHN are so much fun, if you’re going for one night would recommend getting express pass or doing stay and scream if you’re doing the park in the day. We did it mid week and even then some of the houses esp if it’s a big name (like Stranger Things will be this year) had 2 hr lines.

Reactions: 2
I third this, we tended to use lyft more as they were cheaper. A few drivers we had said they worked at disney and did lyft/uber as well.

Done HHN in 2018. We stayed on Int. Drive but used Lyft almost daily 😊

Kicking myself we didn't wait in line for the Stranger Things house, it was the biggest one that year. But I hadn't watched any of it at that point

Reactions: 1
Is anyone doing DLP soon? I just got invited to go for xmas but im freaked out by the bedbug situation

Is anyone doing DLP soon? I just got invited to go for xmas but im freaked out by the bedbug situation
Omg what bedbug situation? I wish I was, we were planning to be going last month with my family but we’re all going next year instead! Which will be better for me because I’m pregnant at the moment so atleast we can take the baby next year and I can go on all the rides😆

Omg what bedbug situation? I wish I was, we were planning to be going last month with my family but we’re all going next year instead! Which will be better for me because I’m pregnant at the moment so atleast we can take the baby next year and I can go on all the rides😆
Bedbugs allover Paris even on the trains 🤮🤮 theyre panicking because of the olympics so i dont think the situation will be over by christmas 😩
So much better to go next year!!

• Sick
  • Wow
I’m in Orlando atm (one week into a two week stay) and have just heard about the bedbug situation over in France. It’s making me paranoid although I’ve checked our hotel room thoroughly and nothing. Someone said it’s going to hit the UK?

• Sad
I’m in Orlando atm (one week into a two week stay) and have just heard about the bedbug situation over in France. It’s making me paranoid although I’ve checked our hotel room thoroughly and nothing. Someone said it’s going to hit the UK?
I thought we had bedbugs last year at disneyworld as I had bad bites all over me, we told the hotel and they sent in beagles (apparently they are experts at sniffing out bedbugs) to check and there was none. The bites were form animal kingdom.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I’m here now and checked my room seems to be fine. I checked with others who were here earlier in the week and they had no issues either.

• Heart
Has anyone bought their park tickets from attraction tickets and had to change the start date? Do I just have to phone them?

Has anyone bought their park tickets from attraction tickets and had to change the start date? Do I just have to phone them?
How far out is it? I think it would depend if they’ve issued them or not. They’re really helpful on the phone though.

Not changed but have refunded, it was a while ago now before I converted to an Annual Pass, but I had 2 lots of 5 day tickets monday to friday, and the friday evening before we left on the Sunday other half caught covid. I called them as soon as I saw the test results. They were fabulous and immediately refunded so I cant see why they wont change the dates if they are still available.

Thanks for your replies I’m pleased to hear they’re helpful on the phone. It’s not until May and I paid extra for the ‘flexi’ tickets so it should be ok. I just couldn’t see an option to change them on the website but I’ll give them a call at some point

Thanks for your replies I’m pleased to hear they’re helpful on the phone. It’s not until May and I paid extra for the ‘flexi’ tickets so it should be ok. I just couldn’t see an option to change them on the website but I’ll give them a call at some point
I would think you'd have to do it over the phone incase there is a little extra to pay, tickets can be a bit more expensive in the summer months. They are great on the phone though.

Hi, jumping in this thread as am looking to go to eurodisney next year, have never been before an not sure what to expect, I've done Orlando before but we just can't afford it right now

Looking at the Davy crockett for 5 adults an a 3yo, how easy is it to get to the parks? My brother will be driving, we were looking at adding full board because I don't know prices of food over there an had heard it was a lot more expensive than Orlando, can I reserve meals to get free parking like you can do in Orlando? I need to try keep costs down

Also weather as well, am looking end of march, don't mind if it's cool but will it be freezing? Do they shut outdoor rides down if it's raining (like the UK) or will it all be open, will crowd levels be ok or am I going be like 3 hours for a ride

Sorry if it's a lot, this will be first time ever going across

Hi, jumping in this thread as am looking to go to eurodisney next year, have never been before an not sure what to expect, I've done Orlando before but we just can't afford it right now

Looking at the Davy crockett for 5 adults an a 3yo, how easy is it to get to the parks? My brother will be driving, we were looking at adding full board because I don't know prices of food over there an had heard it was a lot more expensive than Orlando, can I reserve meals to get free parking like you can do in Orlando? I need to try keep costs down

Also weather as well, am looking end of march, don't mind if it's cool but will it be freezing? Do they shut outdoor rides down if it's raining (like the UK) or will it all be open, will crowd levels be ok or am I going be like 3 hours for a ride

Sorry if it's a lot, this will be first time ever going across
If Davy Crockett is a Disney hotel there are regular free buses to the parks and they are walkable. I don't know about the parking situation as when I went last year we flew and just used the buses. Food in the parks was expensive but there are some good deals. I thought the Pizza Deal was decent, a Mickey shaped pizza, garlic bread and a mini ice cream.

You can pay for quicker access on some rides. We found Crushers Coaster never had a queue of less than 80 minutes so paid for a queue jump, this was in August though. Generally the queues weren't too bad, Big Thunder Mountain always had a large queue (and annoyingly it's my fave ride)