Disney #2 planning, preparation, tips, tricks and advice

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone been to disneyworld in January. We went Decmeber last year and it started to get chilly in our last week around 18/19°, which felt cold there. I'm getting bits together now, but I don't know what to pack, 2 weeks of summer clothes, plus, jumpers etc. I've still not booked character dining, we didn't do it last time, but my youngest is keen, but I have fussy eaters I feel more stressed about it this time around

Reactions: 1
Has anyone been to disneyworld in January. We went Decmeber last year and it started to get chilly in our last week around 18/19°, which felt cold there. I'm getting bits together now, but I don't know what to pack, 2 weeks of summer clothes, plus, jumpers etc. I've still not booked character dining, we didn't do it last time, but my youngest is keen, but I have fussy eaters I feel more stressed about it this time around
We were there mid Jan - mid Feb this year. We were comfortable in leggings/jeans and tshirt with a jacket for the evening. One night was quite cold and I wished I brought my coat but other than that it was good. We also had a lot of days where it was high 20’s and we were in shorts.
Looking at the monthly weather data on Accuweather it's correct for when we were there if that helps

Reactions: 2
I found January to be the coldest month when I lived there - especially in the evenings! Really you need a good mix of clothes and things you can layer up with if it's a bit chillier than expected. I wore a lot of jeans and tshirts to the park or dresses with a jacket for the evening.

Thank you both, I'll take a mixture of clothes and I'll have a look at the weather. I'm hoping it will be cool as when it cooled down in that last week it was more enjoyable walking round thr parks.

For DLP we're staying at Sequoia Lodge in Feb and I see that we can make dining reservations in some hotels and disney village but not the parks yet. On the app it says you can make reservations up to 2 months before, is it 2 months or 60 days? As that does change which day we can first check...

Also do you have to book the shuttle or is a train from the airport easier/quicker?
I was able to make my reservations for both parks and hotels pretty far out. If you want likes of Pym kitchen that goes quick. Just check on the app.

Are you landing at CDG or Orly? If CDG depending what time you land at the TGV is a great option takes 10 minutes to get to the DLP station. It’s actually cheaper to get them nearer to going too. I’ve taken the magical shuttle before and it took a while as it went to lots of hotels before getting to DLP.

For DLP we're staying at Sequoia Lodge in Feb and I see that we can make dining reservations in some hotels and disney village but not the parks yet. On the app it says you can make reservations up to 2 months before, is it 2 months or 60 days? As that does change which day we can first check...

Also do you have to book the shuttle or is a train from the airport easier/quicker?
We always book a private shuttle with prestige transfers (the one with the blue triangle logo) a bit pricey but worth it! I think we paid last year €70 each way and you pay on the day!

I’m there again in March and can see the odd reservation pop up for weird times for Chez Remy. Been checking it for a while as I want to book dinner for 4 but the only thing I can get is lunch for two.
I could book Captain Jacks and Pyms etc as well. My daughter is there in January and has had some success before by speaking to hotel reception and asking them to book her in so she’s going to see what she can do for Remy and Hotel New York buffet (much better than Pym I found but is very tricky to get)

other than that point me in the direction of the pasta at the stark factory and the cowboy cookout and I’m a happy bunny.

I was able to make my reservations for both parks and hotels pretty far out. If you want likes of Pym kitchen that goes quick. Just check on the app.

Are you landing at CDG or Orly? If CDG depending what time you land at the TGV is a great option takes 10 minutes to get to the DLP station. It’s actually cheaper to get them nearer to going too. I’ve taken the magical shuttle before and it took a while as it went to lots of hotels before getting to DLP.
CDG, I'm quite keen to do TVG as I'd read it's only 10 minutes and I've been on French trains before so not phased by it. Thanks for the tip on the shuttle sounds like we might avoid it unless there's strikes.
---
I’m there again in March and can see the odd reservation pop up for weird times for Chez Remy. Been checking it for a while as I want to book dinner for 4 but the only thing I can get is lunch for two.
I could book Captain Jacks and Pyms etc as well. My daughter is there in January and has had some success before by speaking to hotel reception and asking them to book her in so she’s going to see what she can do for Remy and Hotel New York buffet (much better than Pym I found but is very tricky to get)

other than that point me in the direction of the pasta at the stark factory and the cowboy cookout and I’m a happy bunny.
I spoke to someone a while back as I could see the odd lunch time for Remy not dinner and they said it was because they didn't know what time the parks would be closing yet, which is why reservations for dinner weren't released, so I'm presuming for dinner it is the 60 day rule? How did she contact them? It's frustrating for dlp it always seems to be a phone number there's never an email for contact.

Last edited:
CDG, I'm quite keen to do TVG as I'd read it's only 10 minutes and I've been on French trains before so not phased by it. Thanks for the tip on the shuttle sounds like we might avoid it unless there's strikes.
---

I spoke to someone a while back as I could see the odd lunch time for Remy not dinner and they said it was because they didn't know what time the parks would be closing yet, which is why reservations for dinner weren't released, so I'm presuming for dinner it is the 60 day rule? How did she contact them? It's frustrating for dlp it always seems to be a phone number there's never an email for contact.
That’s a possibility actually, might well explain why I’m only seeing lunch. I’ve had Remy reservations on previous visits but cancelled them for various reasons

Normally daughter will go and speak nicely to reception staff as soon as we arrive and ask if they can squeeze us in. I think it was the May visit she got us into the New York Hotel Buffet that way. She’s had some success calling them but it can be hit and miss depending who answers the phone.

I don’t believe you can contact restaurants yourself and it has to be direct contact from park so no emails etc.

It's 60 days

Train!
---
Jan 2018 we had frost on the ground at AKL in the mornings!

Last edited:
Can you buy disneybands from any where other than Disney?
I think you can sometimes get Magic Bands from eBay and Amazon but I’d be wary as I’ve heard they’re non-transferable after they’ve already been linked to an account. I think buying from ShopDisney is probably the safest bet so you don’t get left with a dud, unless you can guarantee that it’s never been used before. We went to WDW for the first time in October last year and didn’t purchase them at all but we’ve booked up again for 2026 and are considering them for next time.

Unless you’re desperate for one, I wouldn’t bother, it’s all on your phone really, my little one wanted the plus version and we had to keep remembering to charge it each night, it’s worked for the last few trips and my oh loves his normal MB, but I just prefer my phone.

Tank
I think you can sometimes get Magic Bands from eBay and Amazon but I’d be wary as I’ve heard they’re non-transferable after they’ve already been linked to an account. I think buying from ShopDisney is probably the safest bet so you don’t get left with a dud, unless you can guarantee that it’s never been used before. We went to WDW for the first time in October last year and didn’t purchase them at all but we’ve booked up again for 2026 and are considering them for next time.
Thank you, we went last Decemeber and found the cards OK, but we thought a magic band looked easier. I'll have a look on shop disney, thanks
---
Unless you’re desperate for one, I wouldn’t bother, it’s all on your phone really, my little one wanted the plus version and we had to keep remembering to charge it each night, it’s worked for the last few trips and my oh loves his normal MB, but I just prefer my phone.
We found using our phones a pain and they didn't worl great,nthe cards were good, but the bands just look easier, although they're expensive

• Heart
Jealous, hope you’re having a blast.
Did you get the magic bands in the end? 😊
Yes, the kids demanded them, but after seeing the prices I thought it was a waste of money. The band wouldn't fit my 4 year old wrist, so we've managed to get it changed over to me. One of the cast members said they couldn't change it, then we got a nice one who changed it for us.
We're going to try park hopping today

• Heart
Reactions: 3