Disney #2 planning, preparation, tips, tricks and advice

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m absolutely taking advantage of having a child now I will be trying to convince my husband to take him every year 🤣 I was going to get an annual pass a few years ago but covid happened! And now they’ve changed the annual passes it doesn’t seem worth it now!

Oh I hope they don’t change tower of terror it’s a classic!
we’ve got bronze passes because our visits tend to be out of busy times and in the week. No real benefits, just cheaper than buying tickets every time. That coupled with splitting a Crockett lodge between us can make it a pretty cheap week.

my daughter and her partner ha e an original infinity pass which expires in June. Be gutted when it does as that offered 20% discount on food, merchandise etc. we’ve saved an absolute fortune with that one and the equivalent gold doesn’t really come close.
Im not sure we’ll renew this time, I’m considering taking one longer trip to maybe Florida or even Tokyo over the dozen small ones we do. But then, when you’re fed up and you just say ‘fancy a few days in Disney?’ It works wonders.
decisions decisions.

Reactions: 1
we’ve got bronze passes because our visits tend to be out of busy times and in the week. No real benefits, just cheaper than buying tickets every time. That coupled with splitting a Crockett lodge between us can make it a pretty cheap week.

my daughter and her partner ha e an original infinity pass which expires in June. Be gutted when it does as that offered 20% discount on food, merchandise etc. we’ve saved an absolute fortune with that one and the equivalent gold doesn’t really come close.
Im not sure we’ll renew this time, I’m considering taking one longer trip to maybe Florida or even Tokyo over the dozen small ones we do. But then, when you’re fed up and you just say ‘fancy a few days in Disney?’ It works wonders.
decisions decisions.
Yeah the old annual passes sounded so good with loads of benefits and they were so reasonable that’s why I wanted to get one! Then they changed them😭

• Sad
Yeah the old annual passes sounded so good with loads of benefits and they were so reasonable that’s why I wanted to get one! Then they changed them😭
We were going to buy infinity literally the week they pulled them. Gutted.

• Sad
Anyone planning Tokyo Disney, Suitcase Monkey has a new tokyo Disney video out

Hey! I went last year by my self and booked to go again later this year with a friend.

cut a long story short, I’m not going by myself again! I’ve got my Disney ticket but I don’t know if I’m going to go to universal! I want to but it’s very expensive for a 1 day ticket!

really want to utilise my 10 days!

Hi guys. So sorry cannot read all the earlier suggestions through. We planning to go to US in JULY and one lady mentioned that it’s changed since Covid and you have to prebook all the rides in advance. (we will be visiting the Disney and Universal parks only). Obvs they are American apps and even after trying to get onto it through VPN it still won’t work. What are the suggestions, kind folks? Am I overthinking it and I can easily book it while I’m actually in the USA or it needs to be done earlier? Thanks so much!!! X

Hi guys. So sorry cannot read all the earlier suggestions through. We planning to go to US in JULY and one lady mentioned that it’s changed since Covid and you have to prebook all the rides in advance. (we will be visiting the Disney and Universal parks only). Obvs they are American apps and even after trying to get onto it through VPN it still won’t work. What are the suggestions, kind folks? Am I overthinking it and I can easily book it while I’m actually in the USA or it needs to be done earlier? Thanks so much!!! X
No I don’t think you have to book rides in advance! I think on the day you can choose to pay to book rides

• Heart
Reactions: 3
You don’t have to book rides in advance. It used to be that you had to book your park days in advance but I believe they’ve scrapped that now (we went last October and had to reserve the park days). Standard ride queues can be very long so some people opt to pay for Genie+ which is a service to get into the lightning lane (fast pass). We never used Genie+ due to my sons having DAS passes (disability) but probably would have paid the extra some days if we needed to. If you’re thinking of using Genie I’d definitely do some research online because it does seem a bit complicated at first (assuming this is your first time to Disney). AllEars.net is very good for guides and tips - they have a YouTube page.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Also going in 24 days but can't pack as the kids don't know we're going away, nevermind where we're going 😅🫠

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
I’ve got a 10 day stay at all star sports and I bought my ticket from a 3rd party as I won a voucher with them. Does anyone know if I can purchase a dining plan? It’s just me going so easier for me to do quick service. Virgin said they will get back to me about it as I don’t have a Disney ticket through them. I still have a Disney ticket and a Disney resort! Not expecting it for free or discounted!

Thank you to anyone who knows :)

I’ve got a 10 day stay at all star sports and I bought my ticket from a 3rd party as I won a voucher with them. Does anyone know if I can purchase a dining plan? It’s just me going so easier for me to do quick service. Virgin said they will get back to me about it as I don’t have a Disney ticket through them. I still have a Disney ticket and a Disney resort! Not expecting it for free or discounted!

Dining plan is 100% not worth it

Reactions: 2

No you can't, it's gotta be a ticket+ hotel+ dining plan package.

Only DVC Members can add dining plan to a DVC resort stay without tickets.
---
I've got the half board meal plan when I go to Disneyland Paris as I only need to worry about lunch which takes the pressure off a bit
Thats not a bad plan at all, if you can still use the voucher as it's cash value, it makes it even more flexible

No you can't, it's gotta be a ticket+ hotel+ dining plan package.

Only DVC Members can add dining plan to a DVC resort stay without tickets.
---

Thats not a bad plan at all, if you can still use the voucher as it's cash value, it makes it even more flexible
I had it last time I went and it was a godsend. I don't mind 3 days of McDonald's for lunch if it means I can have caramel sundaes