Disney #2 planning, preparation, tips, tricks and advice

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m going to WDW in August for the second time. Sooo excited. Last time I went was May, so I know it’s going to be A LOT hotter 🥵 but we were limited on when we could go

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I’m going to WDW in August for the second time. Sooo excited. Last time I went was May, so I know it’s going to be A LOT hotter 🥵 but we were limited on when we could go
Can I just recommend cooling towels? They were a lifesaver when we went at the beginning of October last year. My husband had his wrapped around his head most of the time but they did work 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Can I just recommend cooling towels? They were a lifesaver when we went at the beginning of October last year. My husband had his wrapped around his head most of the time but they did work 😂
Was just about to recommend the same- we’re going September and have ours already

• Heart
Does anyone watch this guy bright sun travels? He's Just done a new video on disney prices.

Of course much of this can be mitigated if you don't do the whole disney everything thing, but it's wild how disney parks went from being something affordable to blue collar familes to being something so expensive. All the different passes and prebooking to skip lines sounds so confusing thesedays.

2 people visiting for one day:
Screenshot 2024-02-19 at 09.07.08.png

(sorry if this is brining negativity to this thread, but still might be useful)

• Wow
Does anyone watch this guy bright sun travels? He's Just done a new video on disney prices.

Of course much of this can be mitigated if you don't do the whole disney everything thing, but it's wild how disney parks went from being something affordable to blue collar familes to being something so expensive. All the different passes and prebooking to skip lines sounds so confusing thesedays.

2 people visiting for one day:
View attachment 2766376

(sorry if this is brining negativity to this thread, but still might be useful)
Meh that two people visiting for one day isn’t very realistic for most WDW visitors. Moderate resort, all food on site, putting mears connect in for a single day rather than x2 for a vacation, and on-gate prices.

Yes it’s pricey, but you can do it way more affordable than that.

Meh that two people visiting for one day isn’t very realistic for most WDW visitors. Moderate resort, all food on site, putting mears connect in for a single day rather than x2 for a vacation, and on-gate prices.

Yes it’s pricey, but you can do it way more affordable than that.
Yeah that's explained, he's doing it the way Disney envisage rather than the way many people generally do to minimise costs. The bus fee is more about it was free.

It's kinda crazy that the original clientele they built it for are now priced out.

If you have a Park hooper with multipass genie+ you can now make lightening lane reservations for different parks at 7am as the old rule of not allowing it until 2pm is gone o_O

It's interesting, but so confusing! Sure you can get your head around it with spending some time looking it up, but what a mess! Sounds like a nightmare using your phone while somewhere to join a virtual q, which you have to go to a certain location and give disney access to your GPS - all for a ride that's over in 60 seconds.

View attachment 2818624
Does anyone know if you’re allowed to take these in to Disneyland Paris?
Some people on the groups will say no, but realistically I take one, as does my daughter, every trip and we’ve not been challenged yet in a dozen visits.
On the way back now as I type from a week there and we’ve used them on and off all week without issue.

The bigger problem is the ever increasing in size wheelie trucks tbh.

We’ve booked to go to DLP in September can’t wait! Baby boy will be 10 months, my nephew will be almost 2 and my niece 6! Can’t wait to experience it with children instead of just me and another adult 🤣 probably more chaotic no doubt!

Reactions: 1
Just a heads up if you’re driving.

We’re on our way home today and as always stopped at Citie Europe for lunch and a bit of retail therapy. My daughter is on crutches at the moment so went back to the car whilst we went to Carrefour for some bits.

On returning to the car she found a migrant had somehow broken into the vehicle and hidden himself away under our pillows and blankets on the back seats. He terrified her completely. Fortunately he left quickly and didn’t take anything from the vehicle.

Our car was parked right by the entrance in a busy part and was absolutely locked when we left it.

Please be vigilant.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Just a heads up if you’re driving.

We’re on our way home today and as always stopped at Citie Europe for lunch and a bit of retail therapy. My daughter is on crutches at the moment so went back to the car whilst we went to Carrefour for some bits.

On returning to the car she found a migrant had somehow broken into the vehicle and hidden himself away under our pillows and blankets on the back seats. He terrified her completely. Fortunately he left quickly and didn’t take anything from the vehicle.

Our car was parked right by the entrance in a busy part and was absolutely locked when we left it.

Please be vigilant.
Omg how terrifying!! Hope your daughter isn’t too shook up!
We are driving so I will mindful!
How is the drive there?

Omg how terrifying!! Hope your daughter isn’t too shook up!
We are driving so I will mindful!
How is the drive there?
I think we’ve been guilty of being a bit laid back over the trip because we do it a lot. Certainly be more aware next time that’s for sure. Not something that’s ever occurred to us before, especially parking outside the entrance to a busy shopping centre. .
Our car was absolutely locked so no idea how he did it. Don’t go back to the car alone and check everywhere when you do.

Suspect she’ll be repaying this one in her mind tonight but she’s starting to see the funny side. She is 25 so old enough to process it thankfully.

The drive is easy, we take the shuttle, spits you out on the motorway and that takes you straight to park, two tolls from memory but just straight motorway. Loads of rest stops at the side of the road as well.

• Heart
I think we’ve been guilty of being a bit laid back over the trip because we do it a lot. Certainly be more aware next time that’s for sure. Not something that’s ever occurred to us before, especially parking outside the entrance to a busy shopping centre. .
Our car was absolutely locked so no idea how he did it. Don’t go back to the car alone and check everywhere when you do.

Suspect she’ll be repaying this one in her mind tonight but she’s starting to see the funny side. She is 25 so old enough to process it thankfully.

The drive is easy, we take the shuttle, spits you out on the motorway and that takes you straight to park, two tolls from memory but just straight motorway. Loads of rest stops at the side of the road as well.
Thank you really looking forward to driving actually I’ve always wanted too! Especially with the baby now will be so much easier to take all his stuff!

Thank you really looking forward to driving actually I’ve always wanted too! Especially with the baby now will be so much easier to take all his stuff!
Always amazes me how quiet the motorways are. Even when you get to Davy Crockett there isn’t a lot of traffic about.
Just be aware of the weird French thing where the speed limit changes if it’s wet.
Timing wise, we leave Stafford at 7am on a Sunday morning uk time, down to the shuttle and arrive at Davy Crockett around 5pm (4pm uk time) in time for dinner. That includes a Burger King stop at the shuttle terminal and loo breaks.

Always amazes me how quiet the motorways are. Even when you get to Davy Crockett there isn’t a lot of traffic about.
Just be aware of the weird French thing where the speed limit changes if it’s wet.
Timing wise, we leave Stafford at 7am on a Sunday morning uk time, down to the shuttle and arrive at Davy Crockett around 5pm (4pm uk time) in time for dinner. That includes a Burger King stop at the shuttle terminal and loo breaks.
Great thanks! We’re staying at camping le parc de paris as just spending 2 days in the park!

Great thanks! We’re staying at camping le parc de paris as just spending 2 days in the park!
Ah enjoy! Just check your car 😂

Citie Europe is a great place to stop on the way back if you fancy lunch and a shop. It’s right on the shuttle port and not far from the ferry.
Don’t forget to download the SkipTax App and photograph all your Disney receipts (you can’t claim on food and drink though)

Might be an idea to list your rides before you go so you can do the ones you really want. Depending how old your child is the Studios marvel bit might not hold as much attraction as the main park, though Toy Story is over there along with ratatouille .
The Studios is having a bit of a revamp at the moment so I didn’t spend much time there this week other than to ride tower of terror repeatedly 😂

Ah enjoy! Just check your car 😂

Citie Europe is a great place to stop on the way back if you fancy lunch and a shop. It’s right on the shuttle port and not far from the ferry.
Don’t forget to download the SkipTax App and photograph all your Disney receipts (you can’t claim on food and drink though)

Might be an idea to list your rides before you go so you can do the ones you really want. Depending how old your child is the Studios marvel bit might not hold as much attraction as the main park, though Toy Story is over there along with ratatouille .
The Studios is having a bit of a revamp at the moment so I didn’t spend much time there this week other than to ride tower of terror repeatedly 😂
I’ve been a few times childless so I’ve done all the big rides so happy to do more of the baby friends ones for a change! I went 2 years ago and avengers campus wasn’t open yet so can’t wait to explore that as me and my husband are marvel fans so someone will definitely have to watch the baby so we can go on those rides 😆

• Heart
I’ve been a few times childless so I’ve done all the big rides so happy to do more of the baby friends ones for a change! I went 2 years ago and avengers campus wasn’t open yet so can’t wait to explore that as me and my husband are marvel fans so someone will definitely have to watch the baby so we can go on those rides 😆
I confess I’m rather looking forward to Arandelle opening! Trying to squeeze in another visit around September time hopefully, need to see what deals are about. Was hoping to get to Florida in September but daughter is getting married in October so she’s kind of blown my budget 😂

Marvel campus is good, I’ve been a bit spoiled by the California one there though with Tower of Terror being guardians of the galaxy mission breakout. Slightly surprised it’s not been done in Paris yet tbh.

I confess I’m rather looking forward to Arandelle opening! Trying to squeeze in another visit around September time hopefully, need to see what deals are about. Was hoping to get to Florida in September but daughter is getting married in October so she’s kind of blown my budget 😂

Marvel campus is good, I’ve been a bit spoiled by the California one there though with Tower of Terror being guardians of the galaxy mission breakout. Slightly surprised it’s not been done in Paris yet tbh.
I’m absolutely taking advantage of having a child now I will be trying to convince my husband to take him every year 🤣 I was going to get an annual pass a few years ago but covid happened! And now they’ve changed the annual passes it doesn’t seem worth it now!

Oh I hope they don’t change tower of terror it’s a classic!

• Heart