Disney #2 planning, preparation, tips, tricks and advice

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
is Davy Crockett ranch not the one that doesn't have shuttle buses? I think normally it is said you need a car to stay there.

Reactions: 3
Yeah Davy Crockett stated there's no shuttles but did say it was a 15min drive which hopefully shouldn't be too bad a drive to navigate, but I don't know what parking fees would be like or the cost to hire a car, we would be in full day so I don't know if even hiring a Uber back an forth might be cheaper than the car an parking

Reactions: 1
Just to let anyone know attraction tickets have 10% off Orlando park tickets at the mo

Reactions: 2
Yeah Davy Crockett stated there's no shuttles but did say it was a 15min drive which hopefully shouldn't be too bad a drive to navigate, but I don't know what parking fees would be like or the cost to hire a car, we would be in full day so I don't know if even hiring a Uber back an forth might be cheaper than the car an parking
I think if you stay in a Disney hotel (Davy Crockett included) then parking at the parks is free as long as you have the pass the hotel give out with you.

Not technically dosney related, but has anyone been to the t-rex cafe at disney springs?
I can book restaurant reservations tomorrow, so looking at that. I also wondered if you did a character dining, is breakfast, dinner or tea best and which was your favourite?

I think if you stay in a Disney hotel (Davy Crockett included) then parking at the parks is free as long as you have the pass the hotel give out with you.
Thanks, I didn't know that, as far as am aware in Orlando you pay for parking even if you are a Disney hotel, it's why we never rented over there, I might be wrong though but I was always under the belief parking fees weren't included with hotels over there

I don't mind renting, just didn't want to be like €30 a day in fees lol

Thanks, I didn't know that, as far as am aware in Orlando you pay for parking even if you are a Disney hotel, it's why we never rented over there, I might be wrong though but I was always under the belief parking fees weren't included with hotels over there

I don't mind renting, just didn't want to be like €30 a day in fees lol
I think WDW dropped the resort parking fees earlier this year. So in Orlando you don't pay to park at your resort OR at the parks if you are a resort guest. Unless you choose to upgrade to preferred parking.

On the Disneyland Paris website it says

Disney Hotel Guests
Parking is free for Disney Hotel Guests with the MagicPass provided by the Hotel.

Not technically dosney related, but has anyone been to the t-rex cafe at disney springs?
I can book restaurant reservations tomorrow, so looking at that. I also wondered if you did a character dining, is breakfast, dinner or tea best and which was your favourite?
Personally I like a character breakfast as I feel it's a bit more relaxed. I always liked the one at 1900 Park Fare because the tater tots are delicious but I don't think it's open just now. Ohana is good too for breakfast.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
We did a character dinner at Hollywood & Vine in Hollywood Studios back in October with our two little boys. We loved it, the food was buffet style but very delicious and fresh. There was even a smaller buffet for the little ones with tater tots and chicken nuggets etc. The service for us was great. It was pricey as expected but worth it as we got a lot of character interaction (it was a Halloween themed dine-in with Minnie, Mickey, Pluto and Goofy). Just seeing the boys’ reactions made our day and my 6 year old gave Mickey the biggest hug. 😍

We did a character dinner at Hollywood & Vine in Hollywood Studios back in October with our two little boys. We loved it, the food was buffet style but very delicious and fresh. There was even a smaller buffet for the little ones with tater tots and chicken nuggets etc. The service for us was great. It was pricey as expected but worth it as we got a lot of character interaction (it was a Halloween themed dine-in with Minnie, Mickey, Pluto and Goofy). Just seeing the boys’ reactions made our day and my 6 year old gave Mickey the biggest hug. 😍
Thank you, we went in December last year but the children weren't keen on character dining. My 3 year old ended up loving the characters and he'll be 4 when we go in January and he's keen on character dining now. I really want to see their reactions and being able to spend more time with the characters.

• Heart
we were looking at adding full board because I don't know prices of food over there an had heard it was a lot more expensive than Orlando,
Food is a tough one for a few reasons:

The Meal Plans are interesting (well, used to be when I last used one pre pandemic), as depending on the level you buy, depends on the set menu you have in the restaurant, and which restaurants you can use them at. For example, a plan bought when staying at Cheyenne restricts you to a handful of restaurants. Although you can upgrade to the next level up if you want to eat at Walt's or Remy's for instance.

Table service can be nicer than WDW at times, but also depends on picky eaters, for example the Plaza doesn't shy away from being basically French only cuisine, and the plans are set menus, not al a carte. They don't have an 'American' option like most WDW restaurants do. Check out the menus first!

The vouchers also had a cash value, so (as long as you find a CM who knows what they are doing) you can use the voucher as cash (won't get any change obviously) at a quick service.

Availability at popular restaurants can be tough, even if you are booking in the Hotel Guests booking timeframe!
---
Also weather as well, am looking end of march, don't mind if it's cool but will it be freezing? Do they shut outdoor rides down if it's raining (like the UK) or will it all be open, will crowd levels be ok or am I going be like 3 hours for a ride
We went in April a couple of years ago, and had heavy snow in Northern France, which was a bit scary for the first few miles from Calais. Once you're on the toll road its perfectly clear.

The coldness is bitter, but as long as you take layers its all good, we don't shy away from going October through to June.

Not many rides will close in bad weather, and there are a lot of indoor attractions like WDW.

Food is a tough one for a few reasons:

The Meal Plans are interesting (well, used to be when I last used one pre pandemic), as depending on the level you buy, depends on the set menu you have in the restaurant, and which restaurants you can use them at. For example, a plan bought when staying at Cheyenne restricts you to a handful of restaurants. Although you can upgrade to the next level up if you want to eat at Walt's or Remy's for instance.

Table service can be nicer than WDW at times, but also depends on picky eaters, for example the Plaza doesn't shy away from being basically French only cuisine, and the plans are set menus, not al a carte. They don't have an 'American' option like most WDW restaurants do. Check out the menus first!

The vouchers also had a cash value, so (as long as you find a CM who knows what they are doing) you can use the voucher as cash (won't get any change obviously) at a quick service.

Availability at popular restaurants can be tough, even if you are booking in the Hotel Guests booking timeframe!
---

We went in April a couple of years ago, and had heavy snow in Northern France, which was a bit scary for the first few miles from Calais. Once you're on the toll road its perfectly clear.

The coldness is bitter, but as long as you take layers its all good, we don't shy away from going October through to June.

Not many rides will close in bad weather, and there are a lot of indoor attractions like WDW.
Thanks, I wasn't sure to get a meal plan or not but had heard it was more expensive than WDW for food, was hoping their meal plan worked the same way as what WDW was like, over there we used to get the quick service which was 2 quick service meals an 2 snacks pp per day, but 3 snacks was taken as 1 meal credit, we found that was enough for us, their meal plan said full board was breakfast, lunch an dinner and it could be used at hotels plus the park, I think it was for the quick service places as if you wanted restaurants then you needed full board plus, so am hoping with full board then food will be covered fine, none of us are really picky eaters, am happy to sit down to whatever lol

I'll make sure to take plenty layers, am Scotland so it hopefully can't be as bad as what we get, but it's good to know the rides will stay open an there's plenty to do, I knew we wouldn't be going an expecting heat, just didn't want to go an find out rain would have closed everything as that happens here

Thanks, I wasn't sure to get a meal plan or not but had heard it was more expensive than WDW for food, was hoping their meal plan worked the same way as what WDW was like, over there we used to get the quick service which was 2 quick service meals an 2 snacks pp per day, but 3 snacks was taken as 1 meal credit, we found that was enough for us, their meal plan said full board was breakfast, lunch an dinner and it could be used at hotels plus the park, I think it was for the quick service places as if you wanted restaurants then you needed full board plus, so am hoping with full board then food will be covered fine, none of us are really picky eaters, am happy to sit down to whatever lol

I'll make sure to take plenty layers, am Scotland so it hopefully can't be as bad as what we get, but it's good to know the rides will stay open an there's plenty to do, I knew we wouldn't be going an expecting heat, just didn't want to go an find out rain would have closed everything as that happens here
We just did the half board plus option staying at the Sequoia and it was roughly £50ish a day. Got a buffet breakfast every morning and then one sit down meal a day. We did Walts (3 courses there) and Sequoia dinner buffet and Downtown at the Marvel hotel. Previously we had done Pym kitchen and that was €42 per adult so made sense to book the plan this go. It filled us up doing this and having a snack middle of the day. Would really recommend Downtown was my fave this go.

We just did the half board plus option staying at the Sequoia and it was roughly £50ish a day. Got a buffet breakfast every morning and then one sit down meal a day. We did Walts (3 courses there) and Sequoia dinner buffet and Downtown at the Marvel hotel. Previously we had done Pym kitchen and that was €42 per adult so made sense to book the plan this go. It filled us up doing this and having a snack middle of the day. Would really recommend Downtown was my fave this go.
Thanks I'll check them out, usually when we are at WDW we don't eat much just because of the heat but obviously with it being cold then we would probably eat more meals

Reactions: 3
Thanks I'll check them out, usually when we are at WDW we don't eat much just because of the heat but obviously with it being cold then we would probably eat more meals
That had been my plan but we had freaky weather - it was 27c in October 😅

Sorry I know it’s not ‘Disney’ but has anyone done Discovery Cove whilst in Florida? Everyone seems to think it’s amazing but I can’t see how it’s worth it, isn’t it just a 30 min swim with dolphins, a lazy river and snorkelling with fish? I feel like I would be bored by midday 😆

Sorry I know it’s not ‘Disney’ but has anyone done Discovery Cove whilst in Florida? Everyone seems to think it’s amazing but I can’t see how it’s worth it, isn’t it just a 30 min swim with dolphins, a lazy river and snorkelling with fish? I feel like I would be bored by midday 😆
I’ve done it twice and loved it- it’s got a limited capacity so doesn’t feel packed. After some really heavy park days it’s a fab way to relax and the ticket price includes your food, drink and all the equipment.

There is also a large aviary to go to and a bit with otters in the lazy river. The ticket also gets you entry to Sea World and Aquatica for 14 days. Would only ever buy the tickets when the Black Friday offers are on as it’s around £140-150 a person then.

I stay at Davy Crockett regularly. You do need a car.
It’s literally a five minute drive to park once you’re off the complex, but the layout is such you couldn’t really walk from reception to your cabin easily if you took a cab. Your cabin could be right at the back, it’s unlit at night and there are wild boar roaming at night 😂
Unsure about free parking as I’ve got an AP so get that anyway.

For anyone unsure, driving is ridiculously simple. I was worried the first time we did it, but it’s so easy.
Left the midlands at 7am UK time, drive down to the shuttle. Crossing is about 20 minutes.
when you drive off the train you’re on motorway all the way to the park. French motorways are extremely quiet I’ve always found so if you can drive in a straight line and take a couple of roundabouts near the park you can do it. We usually get to Davy Crockett around 6pm French time then go and get some food.

I stay at Davy Crockett regularly. You do need a car.
It’s literally a five minute drive to park once you’re off the complex, but the layout is such you couldn’t really walk from reception to your cabin easily if you took a cab. Your cabin could be right at the back, it’s unlit at night and there are wild boar roaming at night 😂
Unsure about free parking as I’ve got an AP so get that anyway.

For anyone unsure, driving is ridiculously simple. I was worried the first time we did it, but it’s so easy.
Left the midlands at 7am UK time, drive down to the shuttle. Crossing is about 20 minutes.
when you drive off the train you’re on motorway all the way to the park. French motorways are extremely quiet I’ve always found so if you can drive in a straight line and take a couple of roundabouts near the park you can do it. We usually get to Davy Crockett around 6pm French time then go and get some food.
Thanks, am fine with the driving aspect as it will be my brother an he will literally hope into anything with a wheel in any country an zoom about 😂 he was over in Cyprus renting those bikes cause all the locals had them an he's rented boats in Orlando, nothing phases him

Are there many toll roads over there? Am I better keeping some money put by just incase?

Thanks, am fine with the driving aspect as it will be my brother an he will literally hope into anything with a wheel in any country an zoom about 😂 he was over in Cyprus renting those bikes cause all the locals had them an he's rented boats in Orlando, nothing phases him

Are there many toll roads over there? Am I better keeping some money put by just incase?
We go through one main toll. Booths on either side and work on contactless card payment. I have a FairFX card specifically for My French trips so I can keep loading bits of savings onto it.

For DLP we're staying at Sequoia Lodge in Feb and I see that we can make dining reservations in some hotels and disney village but not the parks yet. On the app it says you can make reservations up to 2 months before, is it 2 months or 60 days? As that does change which day we can first check...

Also do you have to book the shuttle or is a train from the airport easier/quicker?