Disney #2 planning, preparation, tips, tricks and advice

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bit of news I discovered this week - water parks don't count as a day of your 14 day ticket!

Always assumed they did!

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Going to Disneyland Paris for 4 days in April. Staying in Newport Bay hotel and have 2 kids with us - 3 and 5. They’re so so excited.

Never done Disney, app is a bit overwhelming and not the best at advice for planning.

Any tips and tricks or must dos?

Reactions: 4
Going to Disneyland Paris for 4 days in April. Staying in Newport Bay hotel and have 2 kids with us - 3 and 5. They’re so so excited.

Never done Disney, app is a bit overwhelming and not the best at advice for planning.

Make the most of the extra magic time you get at the beginning of the day, I think one or both of the parks open half an hour early for hotel guests.

If you're keen to have a sit down meal in a disney restaurant, you can pre book that on the app (I find its a nice rest from walking and standing if you have a meal at lunchtime). Or you can always go back to your room for a break as your hotel is nice and close!

You don't have to pay to see the shows!! They now encourage people to pre-pay and reserve 'good' seats but you really don't need to do this. Just queue up in good time for the show time.

That's all i can think of at the moment. The forum on The Dibb is very helpful and joining fb groups. Hope you have a great time!

Reactions: 1

The app is good when you are there to review wait times. You generally don't need a fast pass but I ended up buying for Crush's Coaster as the wait was never last than 80 minutes and even with fast pass it took 20 minutes to get on. Great ride though.

The app is good when you are there to review wait times. You generally don't need a fast pass but I ended up buying for Crush's Coaster as the wait was never last than 80 minutes and even with fast pass it took 20 minutes to get on. Great ride though.
I've still not done CC but I'm going to DLP in a couple of weeks so hoping to do it then :)

Silly question but I want to do oogie boogie bash this year in disneyland, anaheim, but dont have any experience with the after hour events. The tickets dont go on sale until june.
Do you think its best to wait for dates and then book flights? Just worried the flights will go up in price and want to use BA avios flight rewards which are limited

Make the most of the extra magic time you get at the beginning of the day, I think one or both of the parks open half an hour early for hotel guests.

If you're keen to have a sit down meal in a disney restaurant, you can pre book that on the app (I find its a nice rest from walking and standing if you have a meal at lunchtime). Or you can always go back to your room for a break as your hotel is nice and close!

You don't have to pay to see the shows!! They now encourage people to pre-pay and reserve 'good' seats but you really don't need to do this. Just queue up in good time for the show time.

That's all i can think of at the moment. The forum on The Dibb is very helpful and joining fb groups. Hope you have a great time!
Thanks for the tips especially about joining Fb group. I found one and saw instantly about phoning to book character breakfast rather than waiting for the app to open up places 3 days before. Phoned and got our spot which was my sisters must do!

We’ve booked a restaurant for lunch every day so we have somewhere to regroup each day / rest.

noted about turning up for shows!

I have booked for 4-6 November staying at hotel new York for me and my son. 1109 including half board meal plan. Originally booked Cheyenne for 11-13 November to see Xmas start for 565 with no meal plan, however new York didn't have 11-13th available. Can't wait to go back as not been since 2018 when we stayed in DLH. I'd love to stay there again but it's a bit out of the budget this time sadly. A character meal will suffice so we can see inside it at least

Hi all, we are staying in a villa in Orlando and wanted to have one day at Animal Kingdom, I’ve looked everywhere for singular tickets but all I can find is 7-14 days etc I think you can get them from the gate but I’m guessing that’s an expensive way of doing it. Is there somewhere good I can get a deal from anywhere? I’m guessing it will have to wait until I arrive which is fine. Thank you 🤩

Hi all, we are staying in a villa in Orlando and wanted to have one day at Animal Kingdom, I’ve looked everywhere for singular tickets but all I can find is 7-14 days etc I think you can get them from the gate but I’m guessing that’s an expensive way of doing it. Is there somewhere good I can get a deal from anywhere? I’m guessing it will have to wait until I arrive which is fine. Thank you 🤩
I looked on Undercover Tourist as they sell single day park tickets but they have a note saying it's slightly more expensive to purchase single tickets from them than at the gate because they include refund protection. It was around $160 for an adult but it changes depending on the date. Sadly I think you only really get good deals on the multi-day tickets.

We haven’t been to Disney World since 2019 but are hoping to go back next April. I was hoping Disney would have released 2025 dates by now.

I obviously know nobody really knows for sure but price wise would next year be similar prices to 2024 prices in the same month? Or do they normally get a lot more expensive year by year?

Does anyone have experience of buying tickets for the Asian parks? (I know this is a Disney thread but would be good to know about universal too, apologies if this has already been spoken about).

Is it relatively easy? I saw something somewhere (maybe twitter, I can't remember) and it was implying it's hard to do outside of Asia. Is it just a case of booking on the website and there's no issues buying from the UK? I've had a quick Google but can't really see an answer to what I'm asking so any help would be appreciated!

Does anyone have experience of buying tickets for the Asian parks? (I know this is a Disney thread but would be good to know about universal too, apologies if this has already been spoken about).

Is it relatively easy? I saw something somewhere (maybe twitter, I can't remember) and it was implying it's hard to do outside of Asia. Is it just a case of booking on the website and there's no issues buying from the UK? I've had a quick Google but can't really see an answer to what I'm asking so any help would be appreciated!
I've only been to Hong Kong Disney and just bought a ticket on the day. The park is small enough to do in a day.

Just come back from DLP for the first time and wanted to thank you guys for tips. I personally actually enjoyed it more than WDW largely down to the fact my anxiety is much better than the WDW trip with it being smaller it also felt much less stressful? Also not having the extreme heat and worrying about being burnt also removed another level of stress. As a result I properly felt the magic a lot more! I know people say you can't compare the two but I think in future if we're blessed with kids I'd rather go there if it's a Disney fix we're after...

• Heart
Reactions: 8