Designer Items, best and worst purchases?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is slightly off topic but I thought you might be the people to ask! I’ve got a nano speedy in white and the white has become slightly discoloured over time. I’m very keen to get it restored if possible...any ideas where to go? Thanks!
If you're in the UK, the handbag restoration company is great, I've had a few bags repaired there.

Reactions: 2
I don’t think they are a passing trend at all. They’ve already been around quite a few years and still very much part of Gucci’s main collection with new colours and variants coming out every season.

Reactions: 7
I don’t think they are a passing trend at all. They’ve already been around quite a few years and still very much part of Gucci’s main collection with new colours and variants coming out every season.
Agreed. I think the design is a classic. But the love heart on the back ruins it for me. Although the red mini is on my list.

Reactions: 5
Hi everyone, I am thinking of investing in a Gucci marmont. Do you think it’s worth the investment or will it be a passing trend?
Very much a passing trend. Gucci as a brand were having a hot moment but I think it’s calmed and passed now. They’re also super copied in terms of fakes/replicas and high street dupes. However if you like it go for it but I don’t think they’re investments like a Chanel would be an investment.

It’s not a bag I would buy for myself but we got my step daughter the little bucket bag for her birthday, her first designer bag.

I think ‘investment’ largely depends on your own financial position, most people can’t afford to invest in Chanel prices and £1000 is a big investment to some. I think if you stick to neutral colour you can’t go wrong and Gucci does hold its price pretty well when it comes to resale.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Hi everyone, I am thinking of investing in a Gucci marmont. Do you think it’s worth the investment or will it be a passing trend?
I'm obsessed with mine. Actually surprised how much I use it, it's definitely my most worn now. The size is perfect (I've got the small shoulder)

Reactions: 1
Thanks for all the replies re the marmont. Yes I love the colour ranges and the design but am put off by the amount of fakes/copies out there that I’m afraid it cheapens it! I think if I do go for it, I might go preloved to not spend full price.

Reactions: 6
Very much a passing trend. Gucci as a brand were having a hot moment but I think it’s calmed and passed now. They’re also super copied in terms of fakes/replicas and high street dupes. However if you like it go for it but I don’t think they’re investments like a Chanel would be an investment.
I felt this way about LV. Always dreamed of having a Monogram bag. My first LV was a red epi leather and I ADORE it but I ended up selling the Monogram as just reminded me of fakes. I love my gucci round bag though.... its pink 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I'm so tempted by the iridescent white jumbo on Sellier 👀 bet it will be 4k again though :oops:
@judgejohndeed it’s been reduced 👀

Somebody hold me back 😭😍❤
Another drop tomorrow with a few WOC. They’ve got a Gabriela Hearst in black dropping as well I remember someone saying there were into them.

*Sellier by the way, had my finger held down so the name went away soz

Attachments

Another drop tomorrow with a few WOC. They’ve got a Gabriela Hearst in black dropping as well I remember someone saying there were into them.

that is GORGEOUS 😍😍 on my way to go and check out Selliers page!! 💜

I love both the WOC, I’ve set an alarm for tomorrow🙈 think they’ll be too expensive, but got to check it out, obvs 😜

Hi all - does anyone know how Gucci Jordaans compare with the Princetowns? I have the Jordaans and ended up sizing down a full size, which isn’t mentioned to do on the Gucci website, it just happened to fit best. Now I’m looking at princetowns (online, shops still closed 😢) and trying to figure out how sizes compare! Does anyone have any advice?

Hi all - does anyone know how Gucci Jordaans compare with the Princetowns? I have the Jordaans and ended up sizing down a full size, which isn’t mentioned to do on the Gucci website, it just happened to fit best. Now I’m looking at princetowns (online, shops still closed 😢) and trying to figure out how sizes compare! Does anyone have any advice?
Sorry I don’t know about Jordaan sizing but I do a full size up in Princetown and half size down in Brixton if that helps.

Do any of you have the Chloe sliders / sandals the ones everyone has with the Chloe brand kinda crossed over? I worn mine for the first time last night and they have literally ripped my feet to shreds on the top 😭😭😭 any suggestions to wear them in? Xx

• Sad
Do any of you have the Chloe sliders / sandals the ones everyone has with the Chloe brand kinda crossed over? I worn mine for the first time last night and they have literally ripped my feet to shreds on the top 😭😭😭 any suggestions to wear them in? Xx
I haven’t, but I did see a post on ChloeLovestoShop page where she’d bought a pair online and sent them back because they weren’t comfortable 😩
Not sure what to suggest because they are like a weave?

• Sad
I haven’t, but I did see a post on ChloeLovestoShop page where she’d bought a pair online and sent them back because they weren’t comfortable 😩
Not sure what to suggest because they are like a weave?
I know I was thinking that but obvs Iv worn them outside now so I don’t think I can return?! Not that I’d ever subject you lot to a pic of my feet but they are hurting so much this morning 😭 I genuinely don’t think I could wear them again! Xx

I just found this thread and swoooon! Love google searching some of the things you buy haha.
Can I ask people’s opinions on Sophia Webster’s? I bought a pair and they didn’t fit I’m size 8 and my big toes were hanging. They didn’t have my size in dubai when I went either. I’ve wanted a paid for about 5 years now 😅 but I’ve decided I want the wifey ones for my wedding (I’m single so it could be a long long time). What’s the deal with the sizing? Comfortable? Worth the price?

I bought a mulberry daria for my 21st and it was the worst purchase I never ever use it. Would love to sell it or use it against something else.

Yes!! I posted a while back, I’ve worn them a few times and they are HELLISH even with plasters :( I’ve seen a few reviews saying eventually they wear in but this hasn’t happened for me :/

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.