Designer Items, best and worst purchases?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@

Those AQ’s are beautiful! 😍 perfect for evening strolls on holiday as they look quite dressy. I’ve bought quite a few basic tops, jumpers, trousers etc from the outnet. I accept a lot of it is out of season/end of line but there are some steals to be had on staples.

I bought the rose sorbet this time. I have a rose Mexico bag and I wanted shoes to match. That was the closest colour I could find until I stumbled across a gorgeous pair of comfy leather mules for £65 in the Hobbs outlet! I wish I had bought other colours too as they’re genuinely so comfortable. The style is a bit of a dupe of the Gucci Jordaans but I don’t care as I love the colour and the comfort factor. I find the orans so comfortable but it always takes me a while to get used to the ‘clacking’ every time I wear them. Do you have that or is it just me? @Its_Me @MrsLucas
Yup same. I thought it was because they are a bit too big for me at first but I asked other people and they said the same thing. It’s embarrassing walking down stairs!

Reactions: 1
I forgot to answer about the vip experience. I’ve not paid for it before but when the vip room first opened, we were given a complimentary experience. The only feature that was really helpful was being able to collect our shopping from one place at the end of the day rather than having to carry bags throughout. My husband is pretty old fashioned in that sense and he always carries the bags bless him so it didn’t make much of a difference to me but it did to him. We don’t drink alcohol, so were offered orange juice or water as our refreshment drink which somehow doesn’t have the same feel as what I imagine being offered champagne would! I’m also not one who needs breaks in between shopping so didn’t need to pop back to the vip room throughout the day aside from taking my son for comfort breaks. It was nice not having to queue for the toilet! At the time, the shops weren’t as busy as they are now and there wasn’t a virtual queuing system in place so I didn’t need priority access or anything like that. I imagine that with the way things are now, you’d probably see the benefit of the vip package much more as I’ve heard a lot of people have been unable to get in to the shops they want as the queues have been closed very early in the day and at times have not been reopened. X

It’s time for a new thread... what shall we call it?
My paltry suggestion is something along the lines of
“Luxury Lounge for ladies who make it whilst influencers fake it”

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
@

Those AQ’s are beautiful! 😍 perfect for evening strolls on holiday as they look quite dressy. I’ve bought quite a few basic tops, jumpers, trousers etc from the outnet. I accept a lot of it is out of season/end of line but there are some steals to be had on staples.

I bought the rose sorbet this time. I have a rose Mexico bag and I wanted shoes to match. That was the closest colour I could find until I stumbled across a gorgeous pair of comfy leather mules for £65 in the Hobbs outlet! I wish I had bought other colours too as they’re genuinely so comfortable. The style is a bit of a dupe of the Gucci Jordaans but I don’t care as I love the colour and the comfort factor. I find the orans so comfortable but it always takes me a while to get used to the ‘clacking’ every time I wear them. Do you have that or is it just me? @Its_Me @MrsLucas
Haha yes...they are super comfortable though once you get used to them.

Reactions: 2
Haha yes...they are super comfortable though once you get used to them.
How have your white ones worn over time? So far I have the pink, gold/tan, bronze (I can’t remember the official name) and rouge tomatte. I only have one pair of white sandals (not orans- thong style Chanel Pearl ones) but they’re not very comfortable so I don’t wear them often. I worry that white might be susceptible to getting dirty/stained or irrecoverable colour transfer 😬 I’d love to hear your experience.

My white ones have been fine They wear really well tbh. I just give them a clean and they come up good enough. They go with everything too. Oh the Chanel ones sound gorgeous 🥰. I just got some Gucci sandals which are my new favourites. I do still love the Chloe woodys too but I’m always so conscious about wearing them given the Material. Anyone else have these? What do you use to clean them with?

How have your white ones worn over time? So far I have the pink, gold/tan, bronze (I can’t remember the official name) and rouge tomatte. I only have one pair of white sandals (not orans- thong style Chanel Pearl ones) but they’re not very comfortable so I don’t wear them often. I worry that white might be susceptible to getting dirty/stained or irrecoverable colour transfer 😬 I’d love to hear your experience.

Sorry was supposed to say no colour transfers at all. They can end up looking a little dirty especially if you wear them to a kid friendly outdoor activity 🤣 but even then mine have come up ok I’ll have had them 2 years this summer and they still look fab!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
My white ones have been fine They wear really well tbh. I just give them a clean and they come up good enough. They go with everything too. Oh the Chanel ones sound gorgeous 🥰. I just got some Gucci sandals which are my new favourites. I do still love the Chloe woodys too but I’m always so conscious about wearing them given the Material. Anyone else have these? What do you use to clean them with?

Sorry was supposed to say no colour transfers at all. They can end up looking a little dirty especially if you wear them to a kid friendly outdoor activity 🤣 but even then mine have come up ok I’ll have had them 2 years this summer and they still look fab!
Thank you. That’s so helpful to know! I may just have to add them to my wish list. X

Hi all, I’m new to this thread! Have been obsessed with designer since buying my first Vivienne Westood shoes aged 13 🥰 I have a question to you fashion lovers. I’ve had my eyes on Bottega Veneta Classic Bag for ages but I am not willing to spend such a big amount of money on a bag right now. Can you help me think of any alternatives with a more affordable price tag? It’s so beautiful 😭

Attachments

Hi all, I’m new to this thread! Have been obsessed with designer since buying my first Vivienne Westood shoes aged 13 🥰 I have a question to you fashion lovers. I’ve had my eyes on Bottega Veneta Classic Bag for ages but I am not willing to spend such a big amount of money on a bag right now. Can you help me think of any alternatives with a more affordable price tag? It’s so beautiful 😭
Have you looked for a resale of this one?

Is anyone good at making new threads? I would but don’t know how to carry this one on 😅

I’ll do it! Gimme 5...

Is anyone good at making new threads? I would but don’t know how to carry this one on 😅

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.