Designer Items, best and worst purchases?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just found this thread and swoooon! Love google searching some of the things you buy haha.
Can I ask people’s opinions on Sophia Webster’s? I bought a pair and they didn’t fit I’m size 8 and my big toes were hanging. They didn’t have my size in dubai when I went either. I’ve wanted a paid for about 5 years now 😅 but I’ve decided I want the wifey ones for my wedding (I’m single so it could be a long long time). What’s the deal with the sizing? Comfortable? Worth the price?

I bought a mulberry daria for my 21st and it was the worst purchase I never ever use it. Would love to sell it or use it against something else.
@Scorpihoe is your SW gal! 💕

also have you seen that Mulberry are doing an exchange now for their older designs? Seems a good idea!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I just found this thread and swoooon! Love google searching some of the things you buy haha.
Can I ask people’s opinions on Sophia Webster’s? I bought a pair and they didn’t fit I’m size 8 and my big toes were hanging. They didn’t have my size in dubai when I went either. I’ve wanted a paid for about 5 years now 😅 but I’ve decided I want the wifey ones for my wedding (I’m single so it could be a long long time). What’s the deal with the sizing? Comfortable? Worth the price?

I bought a mulberry daria for my 21st and it was the worst purchase I never ever use it. Would love to sell it or use it against something else.
Im not going to lie my Sophia Webster’s are the worst purchase I have ever made s I have the Chiaras and worn twice and don’t think I’ll ever torture myself again with them 🙈🙈

Reactions: 2
I was in selfridges this week and I picked up a BV mini jodie that was on display. I wasn’t feeling it at all so I put it back and finalised that I won’t be purchasing.

I go up a size, they're notoriously uncomfortable so sizing up helps a bit. I'm not sure how much the wifey ones are but they are pretty shoes!

I go up a size, they're notoriously uncomfortable so sizing up helps a bit. I'm not sure how much the wifey ones are but they are pretty shoes!
Yeah I think I need the size up I bought a pair of chiaras and they didn’t fit at all! Didn’t have the next size up in stock so I had to return them. I really want the Rosalind but always don’t have my size 🥲🥲🥲🥲

I was in selfridges this week and I picked up a BV mini jodie that was on display. I wasn’t feeling it at all so I put it back and finalised that I won’t be purchasing.
ooh what colour was it? was there a reason in particular you didn't like it?

Yeah I think I need the size up I bought a pair of chiaras and they didn’t fit at all! Didn’t have the next size up in stock so I had to return them. I really want the Rosalind but always don’t have my size 🥲🥲🥲🥲
Have you checked Vestiaire?

hey!! Welcome to the thread💜

I have a couple of pairs of Sophia Webster’s, and honestly they’re pretty uncomfortable. They aren’t my comfiest heels! The Rosalind strap is way too tight across the foot (and I have slim feet), they actually leave a mark after I wear them.

The Evangeline is uncomfortable on the heel and the sole of the foot. This is because the “Sophia Webster” label sort of sticks out and the stitching hurts..it’s hard to explain but the writing isn’t ‘flat’. It’s hard to see in pictures but it bulges a bit. Also the bit before the wings, the gold scallop edge digs in a little and is uncomfy.

That said, I do love love the craftsmanship and feel like they are stunning shoes that have quality. I would say they are worth the price, simply from the look alone. I’d say they are my second most complimented shoe (the Evangeline), because they’re so unique!

the sizing is a little weird. I’m usually a 36 in all designer shoes, and 2/3 of my SWs are a size 3. But the gold Rosalind could do with sizing one up, so in the silver Rosalind I purchased a 36.5, and they are much better! (Not sure if that’s the same for all models) but it helped sizing half a size up. The Evangelines are great though

sorry for the ramble, I hope that helps 😂♥ If you want to know anything else feel free to ask xx

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Bloody pink WOC has gone😢 I was looking at it as it sold 😭. Couldn’t see the black one🤷🏾‍♀️

Guys sorry I’m coming in to derail with jewellery chat. 😅
I’ve been to pick out my birthday gift (the big 3-0😶) from T&Co in Manchester today - you know you have a perfect SA when you can let him come up with a shortlist with your other half. Usually I tell them what I want to look at but they absolutely nailed it and surprised me - I swear he knows me better than I know myself. I got a platinum Elsa Peretti Diamonds by the Yard.. it’s to die for and has such fire in the stone 😍 it’s such a classic piece, casual and dressy, I love that I’ll wear it forever.
Sorry for the rant, just wanted to tell people who will appreciate 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I’ve been to pick out my birthday gift (the big 3-0😶) from T&Co in Manchester today - you know you have a perfect SA when you can let him come up with a shortlist with your other half. Usually I tell them what I want to look at but they absolutely nailed it and surprised me - I swear he knows me better than I know myself. I got a platinum Elsa Peretti Diamonds by the Yard.. it’s to die for and has such fire in the stone 😍 it’s such a classic piece, casual and dressy, I love that I’ll wear it forever.
Happy Birthday! I think that is such a classic timeless piece, I hope you enjoy wearing it! x

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Bloody pink WOC has gone😢 I was looking at it as it sold 😭. Couldn’t see the black one🤷🏾‍♀️
I saw the black boy WOC. Went fast!

Necklace?

Reactions: 1
oooo it sounds gorgeous 😍😍😍 happy early birthday!! 🥳💜🎁

• Heart
Thank you @Gembo - it really is! Can’t wait to wear it but have to until my actual birthday on the 5th 😂

Yep. I tried the earrings as well though and did like the setting, it’s quite unusual. Maybe for my 40th 😅
Ah that’s fab! Happy 30th birthday! ❤

I saw the black boy WOC. Went fast!
What did it go for? I couldn’t see it 😢 the pink was the first one on the page but literally sold as I went to look at the details. I’m going to have to go and check them out IRL

• Heart
Aww happy birthday I have a t&co necklace I wear everyday just a little horse shoe, recently snapped it & they repaired it & cleaned it for £30!
Iv started wearing my nice jewellery and clothes / shoes loads more recently my New Years resolution was to stop saving stuff for best!!

Yes!! I posted a while back, I’ve worn them a few times and they are HELLISH even with plasters :( I’ve seen a few reviews saying eventually they wear in but this hasn’t happened for me :/
Oh nooo 😭 defo should have done some research! Best not of ruined the feet for my usual go 2 sliders as well I basically live in the

• Heart
Thank you @Gembo - it really is! Can’t wait to wear it but have to until my actual birthday on the 5th 😂

Yep. I tried the earrings as well though and did like the setting, it’s quite unusual. Maybe for my 40th 😅
Lovely. Cinco de mayo, Happy Birthday 🥳

Ah that’s fab! Happy 30th birthday! ❤

What did it go for? I couldn’t see it 😢 the pink was the first one on the page but literally sold as I went to look at the details. I’m going to have to go and check them out IRL
I want to say £1750

*edit just went back to look it was that

• Heart
After seeing all the comments about the chloe sandals I am sooo glad I didn’t buy them, I thought they’d look cute with summer outfits 🤷🏻‍♀️

I love the DBTY collection, I have a little diamond bracelet from them ♥ I used to have an aquamarine one but 😭 I 😭 lost 😭 it 😭

• Sad
Oh nooo 😭 defo should have done some research! Best not of ruined the feet for my usual go 2 sliders as well I basically live in the
At least you didn’t do what I did...I bought two different colours at the same time and kept both, so £700 on shoes I can’t wear 😂 I’m determined to find a solution, at some point I’m going to see if I can glue some softer material under the straps or something. Can’t send mine back either so got to try and find a way to make them work 😬 weirdly saw so many reviews of people saying they’re comfy...must have feet made of rock or something I do not get it ! I’ve still got the marks on my feet from wearing them last summer :/

• Wow
  • Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.