Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Very traditional

VIP Member
I love this thread. I have zero designer bags and am far too tight to spend the money on them but am happily googling all the bags you spendy ladies have 😍😍😍

• Heart
Reactions: 39

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
My first and worst was definitely mulberry Lily. I still have her because I can’t bear to get rid of it, but I rarely ever reach for it. ☹

my favourite is 110% Chanel classic flap. The best purchase I ever made (a couple price increases ago), and the cost of one is so ridiculously high now! I’m glad I got it when I did.

for shoes, my favourites are Louboutin Anjalina, they’re so classy yet, edgy. Worst will probably be YSL Opyum heels. They look like works of ART, but are the most impractical, uncomfortable pair of heels ever (attached pic). I can only wear them sitting down. Plus they’re the most expensive pair of shoes I own.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 31

Dipdab

VIP Member
Hi all thought I would bump this thread up as I wanted to share my birthday present that finally arrived after patiently waiting for a few weeks 😄. It’s the neverfull world tour. I can’t share the personalised side I’m afraid as it has my initials and name on. I also chose to keep one side plain for more formal use and the personalised side is more fun/casual. I’m so pleased with it and love the black straps!

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 30

TJ90

VIP Member
I have a Louis Vuitton Speedy 25. It’s been used to death and still looks in great condition.
A large amount of Vivienne Westwood bags.
Louboutin heels (Bianca)
Jimmy Choo wedding shoes
Forgot to add, my ex bought me my first speedy. And when he left me I gave it to the charity shop. I didn’t want any money for it because anything I’d have bought would’ve been a reminder of him. So I saved up and bought the new one myself 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
My shoes arrived from Bicester this morning 🥰🥰🥰 Im so so happy with them! I needed a low black dressy heel, since I have so many high heels (the dreaded YSL killer sandals on page 1 😢)

but the higher heel looked so tempting! But I had to be practical lol! I know they’re not to everyone’s taste and they look quite simple, but they’re just what I needed ❤👠

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 26

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
Will never forget being too shy to go into Chanel in Manchester to browse and my bf giving me a pep talk outside the store, “remember YOU are the customer”, “YOU hold the power, YOU call the shots” ffs good times 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I don't really own any designers things - I suppose I'm quite tight when it comes to clothes and would rather spend money on holidays or my home.

However, when I was getting married I browsed wedding dresses and found a Vera Wang one that I just adored. I tried to find something less expensive for a dress I'd only wear once in my life, but I just couldn't find anything like it. I found a stockist and made an appointment to try it on - it was the first wedding dress that I tried on and I just had to buy it there and then! It fit like a glove and is the must exquisite thing I've ever owned. It was so worth it - absolutely the best thing I've ever bought and I look back on it so fondly.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

bellinibobble

VIP Member
I briefly flirted with the replica thread then realised I am a brand whore through and through - who am I kidding, I would never buy a fake item 😂

I am a jewellery obsessive. My next big purchase will be my wedding ring 😍 I can’t wait to go shopping for it. Any other designer jewellery fans around?

• Heart
Reactions: 18

idk2

VIP Member
My worst purchase was a Moncler puffer coat - I fucking love it, don't get me wrong and you can 100% tell the difference from the fakes. But the amount of people who holiday in Turkey and come back with one and then ask me if I did the same, is OFFENSIVE. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17

Alistess

Chatty Member
Love this thread! Random Q but what colours do you all tend to buy bags in? Do you go practical black/tan or colourful?

I have a small tan zipped Bayswater which I loveee but I’d like a new crossbody bag and can’t decide! Either a pink Mulberry micro zipped Bayswater (like the pics but in a slightly paler pink calfskin) or a more practical black Lily or Darley!?
Dark colours are my usual choice but go for something brighter for a change. This is my rubis birkin and it’s my only ‘colourful’ bag but I love it. It’s not quite as bright IRL as it looks in the flash in this pic.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Gembo

VIP Member
A friend has just informed me that Cartier prices have come down today. Still expensive but the Love bracelets are down by hundreds. I know a few people here have mentioned Cartier so thought I’d share x

• Wow

Dipdab

VIP Member
SURPRISINGLY, I think the best and most consistently friendly service I’ve had has been at Hermes, in UK and elsewhere. But I haven’t been in to ask for a Birkin or a Kelly yet, it might be different then 😅
I went to Hermes in Bond Street a couple of years ago to purchase a silk scarf for my mums 50th as she had always wanted one. The sales guy was really disinterested in me as I took my time checking each pattern etc as I wanted it to be perfect. The shop was empty but he just kept sighing which made me go even slower 😈. I then paid in cash which really pissed him off as he had to count it all 💀

• Haha
  • Sad

grumpycat

VIP Member
Off the back of the super aggressive replica designer items thread, I thought an actual designer items thread would be a goodie.

my first designer bag was a Mulberry Alexa in Oak. I still have it but it’s not really ‘me’ anymore

my worst buy was my Alexander Wang Rocco with rose gold hardware. I love it. It’s beautiful, but it’s SO FREAKING HEAVY. I get backache with it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
@Scorpihoe I feel like I NEED to see your shoe/handbag collection 🥺❤
Awww thank you!!♥

My shoe collection is more impressive than my handbag collection 😂 I’m very very picky with handbags and deliberate for a really long time before buying one, because I want to make sure it fits into my life, I’ll use it and love it forever! I’m more carefree with shoes because they go on the ground and will inevitably get worn after many uses haha

Over lockdown I started a little Instagram page (can’t give it out because it has my name in lol) where I photographed my shoes with flowers etc. Here are some of the pics! ♥

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Dipdab

VIP Member
Yay my husband has said he will pay half towards a LV bag for my birthday 🥰. Thinking of going for the neverfull world tour as I adore the black straps with monogram and you can make the personalisation quite small. It’s got 8-12 week wait though but hopefully that means it will arrive at the end of lockdown for her first outing 😁

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 13

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
I'm really interested by all the LV love on here! I have the large Neverfull bag but I never reach for it because I feel like I've gone off the print a bit (it's the monogram one) I personally like it but I feel like all the fakes on the market have cheapened it a bit? Please inspire me to use my Neverfull again! Also if anyone is thinking of buying I'd recommend the medium size because as someone else said, this is a huge bag and I basically use it as a gym bag now.

I read the fakes thread with interest. I don't really understand why anyone would want a fake bag - for me I would not feel proud to wear one, and I think fakes/replicas/whatever they want to call it to feel better about it cheapens brands massively. I'm pretty sure I read that the main reason Burberry burnt all that stock a while back was for that very reason.

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
My worst purchase was a Moncler puffer coat - I fucking love it, don't get me wrong and you can 100% tell the difference from the fakes. But the amount of people who holiday in Turkey and come back with one and then ask me if I did the same, is OFFENSIVE. 😂
don’t get me started 😂 I bought a Cartier love ring last year and my best friend asked how much it cost and I told her. Her reply was “I could have got you an exact copy for £10” 🙄🙄🙄

• Haha
  • Angry