Designer Items, best and worst purchases?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I got so much use out of my WOC this year because of not going anywhere it did me well for walks and the supermarket 😂 but I used it very rarely before that. It’s not tiny, but I would go for the mini if you like a bit of room x

*that’s out of the two Chanel’s. I would choose Dior over Chanel 😌
Thank you so much! The issue with the woc is, I’m quite short (5’3) so I’d have to wrap the chain around 😂

Also someone told me Dior doesn’t have good resale value and therefore is quite cheap on the resell market? Not sure if that’s true but that’s what I heard 😕

Reactions: 1
Thank you so much! The issue with the woc is, I’m quite short (5’3) so I’d have to wrap the chain around 😂

Also someone told me Dior doesn’t have good resale value and therefore is quite cheap on the resell market? Not sure if that’s true but that’s what I heard 😕
Yes it’s true but I wouldn’t be letting it go EVEEERR 😆 Think the mini Chanel will be lovely for your height, it’s more of a bag than a WOC if you know what I mean. More elegant.

• Haha
Reactions: 2

I’m 5’2 and own a WOC and don’t have any issues with chain length (I’ve posted a few pages back a photo of me wearing it for reference) but I’m on the bigger and curvier side which might help with any length issue (unless chains are longer than when I bought mine in 2016/17ish is it bad I can remember 😂😂)

Also I’ve always been told it’s usually only Chanel/Hermes/LV that hold decent resale (as in you could almost always make all your money back or only a fractional loss)

Reactions: 3
Yes it’s true but I wouldn’t be letting it go EVEEERR 😆 Think the mini Chanel will be lovely for your height, it’s more of a bag than a WOC if you know what I mean. More elegant.
Thank you!! The height on the mini was perfect definitely :) I didn’t try the rectangle since they didn’t have it, but the square was great

I’m 5’2 and own a WOC and don’t have any issues with chain length (I’ve posted a few pages back a photo of me wearing it for reference) but I’m on the bigger and curvier side which might help with any length issue (unless chains are longer than when I bought mine in 2016/17ish is it bad I can remember 😂😂)

Also I’ve always been told it’s usually only Chanel/Hermes/LV that hold decent resale (as in you could almost always make all your money back or only a fractional loss)
Thank you for the reference! That is so so true, whenever I’ve resold Louis Vuitton I always make my money back/a bit of a profit 💜

Resale is the argument in my head, though I’ve never resold anything yet though😂😂 I am terrible! i love Chloe and have a couple of their bags, along with Mulberry and Mui Mui - sometimes you’ve just got to go with you love - those Dior in that colour way are 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 4
This is slightly off topic but I thought you might be the people to ask! I’ve got a nano speedy in white and the white has become slightly discoloured over time. I’m very keen to get it restored if possible...any ideas where to go? Thanks!

This is slightly off topic but I thought you might be the people to ask! I’ve got a nano speedy in white and the white has become slightly discoloured over time. I’m very keen to get it restored if possible...any ideas where to go? Thanks!
I have seen miracles performed by The Restory, I think they have sites in Selfridges. In fact, check out this repair they did only posted yesterday!

• Heart
I have seen miracles performed by The Restory, I think they have sites in Selfridges. In fact, check out this repair they did only posted yesterday!

Ooh lovely, thank you!

ETA - just watched that, that’s exactly what’s happened to mine ❤

• Heart
what do people think of the bottega veneta mini jodie? i love it.
I’m going to be honest, I really don’t like it 😭 then again I go for more classic styles, but if you love it get it!! I’m just not stylish enough to pull it off 😂😂

Reactions: 3
what do people think of the bottega veneta mini jodie? i love it.
I love it, but it looks different in real life depending on what colour it is iyswim? What colour would you go for? I’m thinking about a cassette bag....but I‘m a litttle worried that they will age badly.

Last edited:
I find it really ugly looking, then I saw Molly Mae post how much she loved it... instantly made me dislike it even more 🤣
i didn't know our moll had posted about it! but i can't help but love it now even if she's posting it. it's just so beautiful in those colours.
I’m going to be honest, I really don’t like it 😭 then again I go for more classic styles, but if you love it get it!! I’m just not stylish enough to pull it off 😂😂
i'm such an unclassic person which is what makes me love it but i didn't like it when i first saw on it and then it grew on me!
I love it, but it looks different in real life depending on what colour it is iyswim? What colour would you go for? I’m thinking about a cassette bag....but I‘m a litttle worried that they will age badly.
i love the orange colour! i haven't seen it in real life yet so i'd have to do that before even considering getting it. i love the cassettes so much and i love their squishiness! i'm not sure how they will age but i think they're so simple that they'd age better than most people expect.

If Molly Maes got it I don’t want it.
I usually go for more classic styles and things that I think I will be able to use for at least 5 years pref more and I don’t see that in anything Bottega but I do like it all tbh 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 5
What are your thoughts on Jacquemus handbags? I really want one 🥺 But I don’t know much about the brand and if it’s a good idea or not

What are your thoughts on Jacquemus handbags? I really want one 🥺 But I don’t know much about the brand and if it’s a good idea or not
My friend bought one but she bought the bigger version, I think the le grand in black and it looks so so good! But do you think it’ll be around for a while? I really wanted to jump on the small bag trend and get the super small one (especially since it’s so affordable) but my mum told me it looks ridiculous ☹

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.