Designer Items, best and worst purchases?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Off the back of the super aggressive replica designer items thread, I thought an actual designer items thread would be a goodie.

my first designer bag was a Mulberry Alexa in Oak. I still have it but it’s not really ‘me’ anymore

my worst buy was my Alexander Wang Rocco with rose gold hardware. I love it. It’s beautiful, but it’s SO FREAKING HEAVY. I get backache with it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Omg Alexander Roccos! I had a mini in silver metallic that I loved but could barely fit anything in 😂 my sister had a luminous highlighter yellow one too

My favourite bag I own is my Chanel Gabby bag (in gold) as it just adds edge to every outfit 😍

Reactions: 6
My first and now worst, Mulberry alexa. I made the mistake of using it too much so it's all frayed, the lining inside has come away in places. It's now in a new home in the attic so i can't ruin it any further! I'm hoping when i'm older people will look at it like a lovely vintage peice!

Edit: My next dream bag is the LV tote, the big one that's a little unnecessary but i like it!

Reactions: 4
Omg Alexander Roccos! I had a mini in silver metallic that I loved but could barely fit anything in 😂 my sister had a luminous highlighter yellow one too

My favourite bag I own is my Chanel Gabby bag (in gold) as it just adds edge to every outfit 😍
they’ve re-made the Rocco with much smaller hardware and it doesn’t look the same. I imagine for the weight issue but it’s still not the same!

I adore the Chanel bags but I’ve never found THE one yet. They are classic but the price point is a little crazy.

My first and now worst, Mulberry alexa. I made the mistake of using it too much so it's all frayed, the lining inside has come away in places. It's now in a new home in the attic so i can't ruin it any further! I'm hoping when i'm older people will look at it like a lovely vintage peice!
Same here. Mine doesn’t hold it shape very well and the hardware is scratched. It’s in good condition so I’m hoping it’ll be a decent hand me down if I ever have a daughter!

Reactions: 5
I have a Louis Vuitton Speedy 25. It’s been used to death and still looks in great condition.
A large amount of Vivienne Westwood bags.
Louboutin heels (Bianca)
Jimmy Choo wedding shoes

My first and worst was definitely mulberry Lily. I still have her because I can’t bear to get rid of it, but I rarely ever reach for it. ☹

my favourite is 110% Chanel classic flap. The best purchase I ever made (a couple price increases ago), and the cost of one is so ridiculously high now! I’m glad I got it when I did.

for shoes, my favourites are Louboutin Anjalina, they’re so classy yet, edgy. Worst will probably be YSL Opyum heels. They look like works of ART, but are the most impractical, uncomfortable pair of heels ever (attached pic). I can only wear them sitting down. Plus they’re the most expensive pair of shoes I own.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
I have some Mulberry’s, Gucci’s, Chloe’s and a Stella McCartney but my dream is a Chanel. I’m not sure I could ever part with the cash though and if I ever could I think I’d be too scared to use it. I am very jealous of anyone with a Chanel! Enjoy them!

Reactions: 10
My absolute dream is a Celine belt bag or a luggage. I know the luggage is heavy and now I’ve got a toddler cross body or shoulder is so much easier so I think the luggage will always be a dream!

I hope to buy the belt bag this year or next 😍

I have a Louis Vuitton Speedy 25. It’s been used to death and still looks in great condition.
A large amount of Vivienne Westwood bags.
Louboutin heels (Bianca)
Jimmy Choo wedding shoes
Forgot to add, my ex bought me my first speedy. And when he left me I gave it to the charity shop. I didn’t want any money for it because anything I’d have bought would’ve been a reminder of him. So I saved up and bought the new one myself 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 28
First was a juicy couture for Xmas when I was about 16. I still have it stored away but I used that thing everywhere (when it wasn’t raining). Got an LV for my 18th I can’t remember the name might of been a Lockit?? (Don’t @ me it was 2008. I’ve got the paperwork stashed somewhere in a box 😂) all I remember is it was £420 which seems so inexpensive compared prices today.

I don’t think I really regret anything I’ve purchased. I’ve only ever bought (or chosen as a gift) things I’ve really liked and wanted. My only slight error was getting a lamb skin Chanel WOC but only because I’m terrified of ruining it but I don’t regret it because it’s beautiful and a really useful size. I’m also glad I dropped the money on my classic flap before the massive price increase. I’d had a rough couple of years personally so it was a nice treat.

I’ve a Rocco as well it’s weighty but it’s not so bad I just don’t overfill to it but it’s probably my most used over the last few years.

I love this thread. I have zero designer bags and am far too tight to spend the money on them but am happily googling all the bags you spendy ladies have 😍😍😍

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I love this thread. I have zero designer bags and am far too tight to spend the money on them but am happily googling all the bags you spendy ladies have 😍😍😍
It takes me SO long to buy one. I say sod it, I work hard I don’t take holiday... then leave it there for weeks. I commit to the purchase but it takes me so long to actually make the purchase 🤣

my mum doesn’t see the fuss at all on designer bags or anything. but I just feel like life is too short and I love a little bit of luxury to make me smile

Reactions: 9
I briefly flirted with the replica thread then realised I am a brand bleep through and through - who am I kidding, I would never buy a fake item 😂

I am a jewellery obsessive. My next big purchase will be my wedding ring 😍 I can’t wait to go shopping for it. Any other designer jewellery fans around?

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I briefly flirted with the replica thread then realised I am a brand bleep through and through - who am I kidding, I would never buy a fake item 😂

I am a jewellery obsessive. My next big purchase will be my wedding ring 😍 I can’t wait to go shopping for it. Any other designer jewellery fans around?
Oooh exciting!! What style/brand are you leaning too?
I’m not a huge jewellery fan but I do have a cartier love ring which my husband got the year after our son was born.

I am not a blingy person and expected to have v simple band/engagement ring but I have a halo setting engagement ring and a band with small diamonds set in and I loveeeee it. It makes me smile with glee even now, years later! It’s like the magpie in me is happy with the little bit of bling I have 😂

Reactions: 7

Yep, I love jewellery. Picking my wedding ring was more exciting to me than the dress. I’ve got a few Tiffany things and a Cartier bracelet, I do also like Monica Vinader although it’s starting to go in a direction that I’m not as keen on with big chunky gold things

Oooh exciting!! What style/brand are you leaning too?
I’m not a huge jewellery fan but I do have a cartier love ring which my husband got the year after our son was born.

I am not a blingy person and expected to have v simple band/engagement ring but I have a halo setting engagement ring and a band with small diamonds set in and I loveeeee it. It makes me smile with glee even now, years later! It’s like the magpie in me is happy with the little bit of bling I have 😂
Tiffany & Co all the way! In passing we visited the flagship store in New York at Christmas about 10 years ago, and it’s been a love affair ever since 😂 I always say it was the biggest mistake my other half ever made suggesting we popped in haha 💁🏻‍♀️

Ive got a halo engagement ring too and I’m also thinking a diamond band to go with it.. can never have too many diamonds💎. I so know what you mean about the sparkly magpie feeling 😂 I’ve been engaged 2 years now and still stare at my ring constantly lol. I should have been born a really rich person because I’d have been so good at it 😌 haha

Yep, I love jewellery. Picking my wedding ring was more exciting to me than the dress. I’ve got a few Tiffany things and a Cartier bracelet, I do also like Monica Vinader although it’s starting to go in a direction that I’m not as keen on with big chunky gold things
I relate to this so much 😅 haven’t gone dress shopping yet but I have had a wedding band shortlist for years LOL. I looked at the gold MV pieces on insta recently as a cheaper alternative to Tiffany but saw them gift a ring to someone with 3k followers so thought my money would be better spent elsewhere 🤨

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9

i loveee designer jewellery! I have 2 cartier love bracelets and a love ring. Also a VCA sweet Alhambra necklace.

My mum bought me a Messika pave diamond move necklace, I hadn’t heard of the brand before then, but it’s my most worn item...it’s so unique and I’ve never seen anything like it! I would highly recommend!

Oh don’t even get me started on that replica thread, it bloody riles me up 🤣

i loveee designer jewellery! I have 2 cartier love bracelets and a love ring. Also a VCA sweet Alhambra necklace.

My mum bought me a Messika pave diamond move necklace, I hadn’t heard of the brand before then, but it’s my most worn item...it’s so unique and I’ve never seen anything like it! I would highly recommend!

Oh don’t even get me started on that replica thread, it bloody riles me up 🤣
Ooooooh the VCA Alhambra collection is to die for 😍 so lucky.

I like Messika too - I think I remember them working with Gigi Hadid on a collection. I like their toi et moi style pieces, so cute!

Reactions: 3
First was a juicy couture for Xmas when I was about 16. I still have it stored away but I used that thing everywhere (when it wasn’t raining). Got an LV for my 18th I can’t remember the name might of been a Lockit?? (Don’t @ me it was 2008. I’ve got the paperwork stashed somewhere in a box 😂) all I remember is it was £420 which seems so inexpensive compared prices today.

I don’t think I really regret anything I’ve purchased. I’ve only ever bought (or chosen as a gift) things I’ve really liked and wanted. My only slight error was getting a lamb skin Chanel WOC but only because I’m terrified of ruining it but I don’t regret it because it’s beautiful and a really useful size. I’m also glad I dropped the money on my classic flap before the massive price increase. I’d had a rough couple of years personally so it was a nice treat.

I’ve a Rocco as well it’s weighty but it’s not so bad I just don’t overfill to it but it’s probably my most used over the last few years.
how do you find the WOC compared to CF? I’m eyeing up a woc before another price increase, but it seems a lot for essentially a wallet. I’m wondering whether it’s worth saving a big more and buying a chanel mini instead! Do you find it fits a decent amount/essentials in? ❤

Reactions: 1
how do you find the WOC compared to CF? I’m eyeing up a woc before another price increase, but it seems a lot for essentially a wallet. I’m wondering whether it’s worth saving a big more and buying a chanel mini instead! Do you find it fits a decent amount/essentials in? ❤
I‘ve not used it for a while (not had the excuse and it’s definitely a summer time bag) but mine has I think 6 card slots and zip pocket for cash and the other bit at the back fits my phone (iPhone 8 at the time. Probably wouldn’t fit a massive phone) and a lipstick/lip balm with a tiny bit of wiggle room(no room for hand sanitiser inside). I have used it for just everyday and I didn’t find I missed anything from a larger bag. It was quite nice being so hands free. I’ve never seen a mini up close so I can’t really say which is better or bigger.

My CF is the jumbo size the lady who was dealing with me the day of CF purchase asked me if it was for day or night use I said probably both but more day use. I’d originally gone for the smaller but after seeing them both together I went for the larger and it’s Definitely a better size for my needs.

They’re both really great pieces and I’d recommend them both but I find luxe bags a really personal thing.
If you’re unsure I’d maybe try save the extra and then go and look at both. I know that’s probably sounds really unhelpful.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.