Designer Items, best and worst purchases #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Urgh, I try to remember how useful the Flannels zip bags are that the clothes come in to offset the delivery cost.

Reactions: 1
Urgh, I try to remember how useful the Flannels zip bags are that the clothes come in to offset the delivery cost.
Oh yes, that may make up for it! Their customer service is terrible, postage ridiculous, they don’t do refunds in store, so many reasons why I hate them but you know when you really want something, all that goes out the window 😩

Reactions: 4
I’ve just ordered a Ganni top in the sale from Flannels and remembered why I hate them - £7 for delivery!!!! Who do they think they are😳 they are the worst but it’s the only place that had my top😟
I have been looking at a balenciaga coat on flannels this morning and I cannot buy it out of principle, they are awful! 😂 £7 delivery and £7 in store collection. What the hell?!

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I wish I had been as strong as you @lurkingaround123! I went in my local store to see if they had the top but they didn’t, the staff were lovely and helpful too. I think if you do click and collect you get a voucher to redeem next purchase? There’ll probably be loads of caveats with it though! I had a birthday promo code and that wouldn’t work with my top 🙄
It once cost me £40 on the phone to their customer services dept because they use a premium number 🤯 and you can’t ring the stores directly.
So many red flags, I hope this top is worth it!

I have been looking at a balenciaga coat on flannels this morning and I cannot buy it out of principle, they are awful! 😂 £7 delivery and £7 in store collection. What the hell?!
Probably not what you’re after but there are some Balenciaga coats on TK Maxx x

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I wish I had been as strong as you @lurkingaround123! I went in my local store to see if they had the top but they didn’t, the staff were lovely and helpful too. I think if you do click and collect you get a voucher to redeem next purchase? There’ll probably be loads of caveats with it though! I had a birthday promo code and that wouldn’t work with my top 🙄
It once cost me £40 on the phone to their customer services dept because they use a premium number 🤯 and you can’t ring the stores directly.
So many red flags, I hope this top is worth it!

Probably not what you’re after but there are some Balenciaga coats on TK Maxx x
I didn’t even realise tk maxx had brands like that ill check it out now, thank you! X

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I’m so scared to order from places like Selfridges... can’t think of other places but you know what I mean for the exact reasons people have said on here. I always have to order from the company themselves which is really annoying 😩

I also forgot let you all know that my Dior B23’s arrived and they haven’t left my feet since 😍 What’s next? 🤭
I got a Celine Boston from Selfridges and they’re amazing!!! The SA’s are lovely and if you have an issue with the bag just take your original recipes and they repair it :) had it for like 5 years and it’s in beautiful condition and such a rare color way too!!

Is anyone else finding the quality of Chanel a bit tit these days?? I have the large boy bag in black and it’s peeling in the corner?!!! I find the Sa’s quite rude and I’m dreading taking it to repairs incase it’s maybe too old???

also I have a large Gucci Dionysus and the attachment that closes the bag has become really loose and it just opens by itself now?!! Is that a common problem or have I just been absolutely rinsing that bag hahahahs

Also try OUTNET sometimes they have great items and deals.
outnet is my go too for shoes especially like alaia heels!! You deffo need to keep checking the site though as they can be very hit and miss

Last edited:
  • Wow
Thoughts on the bottega cassette chain bag? I really wanted it when I first saw it but now there's so many high street or online fast fashion dupes, I don't think I'll bother!

Does anyone have a mulberry lily? I’m looking for a black leather bag that can be worn crossbody casually in the day and on the shoulder for nights out. Looking to spend under £1000

Thoughts on the bottega cassette chain bag? I really wanted it when I first saw it but now there's so many high street or online fast fashion dupes, I don't think I'll bother!
love it but super heavy

hey girls anyone know where i can find the collection from chanel releasing in sept their website is awful and i want to see which coco handles will be released

Does anyone have a mulberry lily? I’m looking for a black leather bag that can be worn crossbody casually in the day and on the shoulder for nights out. Looking to spend under £1000
I love mine. It’s a regular so it’s sometimes a bit like tetris trying to fit everything in, especially during the day, but I can fit a coin purse, keys, AirPods, bit of make up, phone, hand gel. I used it at the weekend as a shoulder bag after not using it for ages and I thought it looked great!

I have heard however, that the newer models are made from thinner leather than the older ones (mine is a few years old now), so feel a bit a floppier.

I love mine. It’s a regular so it’s sometimes a bit like tetris trying to fit everything in, especially during the day, but I can fit a coin purse, keys, AirPods, bit of make up, phone, hand gel. I used it at the weekend as a shoulder bag after not using it for ages and I thought it looked great!

I have heard however, that the newer models are made from thinner leather than the older ones (mine is a few years old now), so feel a bit a floppier.
It’s so annoying that the quality declines but the prices are always going up. I can remember wanting the original mulberry Alexa but the new ones don’t look half as good 😩

Reactions: 4
I love my Lily, definitely a bag I have got enough wear to justify the cost. So versatile, I use it for shopping and nights out.

I love my Lily, definitely a bag I have got enough wear to justify the cost. So versatile, I use it for shopping and nights out.
I wish I could love the lily. The first one I had detached itself on one side of the loop which holds the handle. Mulberry told me it must not have had any glue in it 🙄

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
I have the Lilly love it, however, after a while the chain is uncomfortable, especially if you have a strappy dress or top on. Perfect for if you have a jacket on though.

It’s so annoying that the quality declines but the prices are always going up. I can remember wanting the original mulberry Alexa but the new ones don’t look half as good 😩
So annoying. I tend to shop preloved for classics where I’ve heard the quality isnt as good now - get the better quality for less money 🤣

So annoying. I tend to shop preloved for classics where I’ve heard the quality isnt as good now - get the better quality for less money 🤣
This is my thought re a preloved LV bucket bag, just really worried re authenticity as I’ve heard even the big sites have been stung before. Has anyone bought LV preloved and how was your experience?

I have the Lilly love it, however, after a while the chain is uncomfortable, especially if you have a strappy dress or top on. Perfect for if you have a jacket on though.
The only thing putting me off is the postman lock, does it scratch easily? A lot of the preloved locks look battered.

This is my thought re a preloved LV bucket bag, just really worried re authenticity as I’ve heard even the big sites have been stung before. Has anyone bought LV preloved and how was your experience?
I‘ve bought a couple!! I’m in a few groups on facebook where people buy and sell LV - there are quite a few reputable sellers who buy in bulk from auction houses and sell on through facebook, but I’ve also bought from people selling privately through the groups. I always join a group and then observe for a while to get a feel for who‘s who and how the group works. Usually they have a rule that sellers have to post items on the page and buyers comment first, before moving to DM, and always pay through PayPal. There are a few companies that authenticate bags too (although I’ve heard of them getting it wrong too).

The only thing putting me off is the postman lock, does it scratch easily? A lot of the preloved locks look battered.
Mine is a bit scratched now, but I pointed it out to my friend recently and she said she wouldn’t have noticed. Mulberry will replace the plate if it gets scratched, for about £50 I think.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.