Designer Items, best and worst purchases #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I‘ve bought a couple!! I’m in a few groups on facebook where people buy and sell LV - there are quite a few reputable sellers who buy in bulk from auction houses and sell on through facebook, but I’ve also bought from people selling privately through the groups. I always join a group and then observe for a while to get a feel for who‘s who and how the group works. Usually they have a rule that sellers have to post items on the page and buyers comment first, before moving to DM, and always pay through PayPal. There are a few companies that authenticate bags too (although I’ve heard of them getting it wrong too).

Mine is a bit scratched now, but I pointed it out to my friend recently and she said she wouldn’t have noticed. Mulberry will replace the plate if it gets scratched, for about £50 I think.
Thank you for this - didn’t even think to check Facebook! I’m just so nervous of ending up with a bag someone’s bf bought them but didn’t tell them was actually from Turkey 😬

Reactions: 2
Mine is a bit scratched now, but I pointed it out to my friend recently and she said she wouldn’t have noticed. Mulberry will replace the plate if it gets scratched, for about £50 I think.
Thank you that’s good to know

Reactions: 1
Thank you for this - didn’t even think to check Facebook! I’m just so nervous of ending up with a bag someone’s bf bought them but didn’t tell them was actually from Turkey 😬
if you use Reddit they have a Louis Vuitton page. People post bags they’ve found for sale and others in the group will authenticate. There are LV SA’s on there too.

• Heart
Has anyone on here got experience of the Hermes loafers please? I was going to buy the Gucci Jordanne ones but have seen these now and I am in love 🥰

hey girls an update on my toy loulou, selfridges online refused my refund because they said the bag has scratches and isnt in a resellable condition although i marked it as faulty because of the images i uploaded in the last thread im so upset about it and dont know what to do, when i first went in store the lady said she cant exchange bc there wasnt another available so i returned using the online service and now theyre refusing a refund
This is the second case I've read of Selfridges declining a refund on an item that was sent to the person in imperfect condition. I will never order from them. When are they sending it back to you? You could take it back to the store and get a refund.

• Wow
What do we think of the rive gauche tote? I have a trip coming up and thinking of treating myself to a nice tote bag

I like it, hope you are going on a nice trip?
I’ve just bought the Loewe flamenco in large, can’t wait for his arrival!

• Heart
Does anyone have a mulberry lily? I’m looking for a black leather bag that can be worn crossbody casually in the day and on the shoulder for nights out. Looking to spend under £1000

I have a lily although I don't use mine as much as I don't want to scratch the leather 🙈.
I remember watching one of Sophie Shohet's videos and she was saying there's now places that sell hardware protectors... Annoyingly I can't find the vid where she said it but managed to find a site online. I personally haven't used them though!

I like it, hope you are going on a nice trip?
I’ve just bought the Loewe flamenco in large, can’t wait for his arrival!
Thanks lovely! I’m going to Spain, that’s as far as I can go in this current time ha! Just checked out the Loewe bag and it looks lovely! Love the warm desert colour. Enjoy the bag x

• Heart
Anyone who loves pre loved bags - Addicted to handbags on Instagram is brilliant. They are always good prices xx

Reactions: 4
Thanks lovely! I’m going to Spain, that’s as far as I can go in this current time ha! Just checked out the Loewe bag and it looks lovely! Love the warm desert colour. Enjoy the bag x
Thanks, I’m worried that it might feel massive after all my small bags I’ve been carrying?
I’m off to Spain too next week! I can’t wait and it’s hot AF! ❤

What do we think of the rive gauche tote? I have a trip coming up and thinking of treating myself to a nice tote bag
I really like it, think it’s quite timeless and apparently very roomy. I’ve been tempted by one as a ‘throw it all in’ bag for work

I really like it, think it’s quite timeless and apparently very roomy. I’ve been tempted by one as a ‘throw it all in’ bag for work
Yes I’ve watched a few reviews on YouTube and it’s very spacious. I want it for the same reason, wack everything in there and keep moving lol! What colour are you thinking of getting?

Yes I’ve watched a few reviews on YouTube and it’s very spacious. I want it for the same reason, wack everything in there and keep moving lol! What colour are you thinking of getting?
I’m a true goth at heart so black! I wear a lot of dark 😂 so I would be worried about the transfer on the lighter one. I think both look beautiful though.

Thanks, I’m worried that it might feel massive after all my small bags I’ve been carrying?
I’m off to Spain too next week! I can’t wait and it’s hot AF! ❤
Did you try it on in person? I think you’ll be fine! I’m all for shoulder bags but I do reach out for my big bags when needed.
Enjoy Spain! Im flying out there in two weeks and can’t wait xx

Does anyone have a mulberry lily? I’m looking for a black leather bag that can be worn crossbody casually in the day and on the shoulder for nights out. Looking to spend under £1000
I have the lily, I love it never wear crossbody though.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.