Designer Items, best and worst purchases #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Luxury lounge for ladies who make it whilst influencers fake it, credit @chinesewhisperss

Second thread of the best chat on TL on what we love and covet when it comes to shopping and luxury items. Feels just like a shopping trip with the girls 🥰

Mod edit - previous thread:

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Thanks for creating a new thread! 💖

Did not manage to reply in the previous one so here I go:
@Its_Me: thank you, I’ve looked for resales but there are non next to me and shipping cost would make the price as high as that of a new one. :(
I’ve searched high and low, all in vain, so I am now trying to find a mass market bag in a similar style but they seem to be more keen on copying The Pouch.

@Wifo1976: It’s pronounced “Throatwobbler Mangrove”! Haha. Thank you, I’m a huge fan too, and I am glad somebody got the reference! Otherwise it would be weird posting away with a random dude’s name. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Has anyone got any experience of sending stuff back to Jimmy Choo for repair? I keep putting it off but need to email them and see if they can fix the stitching on my biker boot. I’ve hardly worn them and I bought them online from JC. It’s hardly noticeable but I know it’s there.

Attachments

• Wow
I forgot to post this earlier. I got it from a lady who was selling it as part of her late mother’s collection so it was quite a bargain.
Straps are a little tired (after watching review videos this is a common occurrence) but it’s in very good condition! I do wish it was a little bigger as my water bottle takes up a lot of space.

When this is paid off I would love a second hand grand shopping tote too. I can’t afford new Chanel sadly as I’ve recently bought a car on finance and used Chanel are generally very well preserved too.

I also got myself a MK card holder purse (it’s big enough to carry emergency items but I wanted a flat purse to slip into the back pocket of this) on Vestaire, I was considering getting my medallion from there but the import charges were mental.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Im hoping to buy an Alma BB as i recently got a promotion at work. Any body have any educated guesses as to when they'll be back in stock on the LV website? Ive signed up for notifications but am impatient!

Reactions: 5
Congrats on the promotion girl! I would recommend registering at your local boutique as it’s often quicker than the online notifications and they will hold items for you for 2/3 days too.
Im hoping to buy an Alma BB as i recently got a promotion at work. Any body have any educated guesses as to when they'll be back in stock on the LV website? Ive signed up for notifications but am impatient!

Reactions: 4
I second your local LV sometimes they don’t become available online at all but then in store they get the odd thing that’s totally sold out. Congrats on your promotion ✨✨.

Reactions: 4
Congrats on the promotion!! 💙

i bought mine online but I did have to keep checking! You will love the bag though, it’s gorgeous

@Mooordgirl what print did you want? The Damier and monogram are in stock right now :)

Attachments

Reactions: 2
I was wondering if anyone has any Coach bags? Are they great quality? I have just purchased my first, the new pillow tabby shoulder bag. Saw some reviews saying it creases easily and now I'm apprehensive about wearing out a lot.
Any thoughts or recommendations for keeping leather bags in good condition?

Has anyone got this bag in particular? How do you find it?

Reactions: 2
Hi folks, looking for some advice. My Chanel WOC’s chain broke when I somehow got it caught in a taxi door that slammed shut (18m ago), the silver is broken and leather ripped, not salvageable I don’t think. Can you buy replacement chains / get them fitted? Or should I just do an Etsy trawl for a similar looking one?
(Prelockdowns) I used my WOC way more than my classic flap, more than I expected when I bought it.

I was wondering if anyone has any Coach bags? Are they great quality? I have just purchased my first, the new pillow tabby shoulder bag. Saw some reviews saying it creases easily and now I'm apprehensive about wearing out a lot.
Any thoughts or recommendations for keeping leather bags in good condition?

Has anyone got this bag in particular? How do you find it?

I have a Coach crossbody (not even sure of the style, I’ve had it years) and it has a few scuffs and creases but keeping it clean/conditioned does help and it’s def in good condition for its age and the number of times I’ve worn it day to day / to gigs etc and not bothered about it getting a bit bashed about.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.