Designer Items, best and worst purchases #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Absolutely stunning ❤ What was the price difference between Dubai and the UK? (if you don’t mind me asking) x
I don’t mind at all!

Im not entirely sure how much it is in the U.K. but I checked the website and it says £3520. In Dubai, the airport was tax free, and I paid just under £3300

The mini coco handle was just over £3k, about £3025 to be exact. So definitely a saving, not huge but every bit makes a difference 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 4
After searching for ages for a mini with champagne hardware, I scored this mini at the airport in Dubai!! I’m so happy 😍😍😍

They had a mini coco handle too which I was so close to going for, but ultimately settled on the lambskin mini flap 🥺
It’s so iconic though 😩❤ I know Chanel is copied within an inch of everything but the OG is just perfection. You can spot it a mile off. Enjoy your new bag!!

• Heart
I don’t mind at all!

Im not entirely sure how much it is in the U.K. but I checked the website and it says £3520. In Dubai, the airport was tax free, and I paid just under £3300

The mini coco handle was just over £3k, about £3025 to be exact. So definitely a saving, not huge but every bit makes a difference 😂
Amazing, that’s a decent saving and good to know! We may be passing through Dubai airport next year so thank you xx

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I got a gorgeous gold necklace from Clogau which I wear constantly. I think it was around that price range? Worth checking out 😊

tried to post these separate 😂

View attachment 756972
A while ago I saw a comment on this thread about charity shops in Chelsea. I was in the market for a big work bag to throw all my stuff, lunch etc in because most of my bags are small (jitney 2.0 and Ophidia shoulder bag are my two most used) found this Kate Spade bag for £28! Just what I needed, thank you to whoever recommended! 😁
Ah that was me with the Chelsea shops. I found nothing like this though so I'm SO jealous (well me former account anyway lol ). Which shop did you get from?

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Yes it definitely did! I just got so unlucky in there, didn’t see a thing in my size
Same as! All I ended up getting was a Ralph Lauren shirt for my friends son in the oxfam shop! They're so amazing though. Imagine being that rich you can palm off Loubs etc to charity shops!!

Any thoughts on the Balenciaga Hourglass bag? Does anyone have it and if yes, what size? I’m lusting after it so much.

Hello lovely people - I've pulled myself away from all the gossip onto this, much more important, thread - do any of you have a Mulberry small Darley? I really like the look of it but trying to decide whether it's big enough... I won a Fairfax & Favor Mini Loxley as a prize at Xmas last year, but sold it because it was too small to close as soon as I put my phone & purse in it, but I want to spend the cash on something similar but nicer. Leather or suede, cross body, nothing with logos all over it... £500ish. Any recommendations would be fab, you lot have great taste!

Has anyone bought a Chanel bag since they started microchipping? I checked the mini I bought and she has a microchip, not an authenticity card like my classic flap. Does anyone know how they work? Do they scan them in store? ♥

Has anyone bought a Chanel bag since they started microchipping? I checked the mini I bought and she has a microchip, not an authenticity card like my classic flap. Does anyone know how they work? Do they scan them in store? ♥
I don’t own a chipped bag but they’re just rfid chips, your phone will have a hardware reader in it (it’s how contactless payments work!) and you can download an app to use it. You’d have thought Chanel would have provided you with documentation if the whole point is for customers to be able to authenticate items themselves!

The tech is very cheap though (it’s used in retail/warehousing, we have a smart home and have used rfids to trigger automations and they’re pennies per sticker) so imagine it’ll be quickly duped 😳

Reactions: 2
I don’t own a chipped bag but they’re just rfid chips, your phone will have a hardware reader in it (it’s how contactless payments work!) and you can download an app to use it. You’d have thought Chanel would have provided you with documentation if the whole point is for customers to be able to authenticate items themselves!

The tech is very cheap though (it’s used in retail/warehousing, we have a smart home and have used rfids to trigger automations and they’re pennies per sticker) so imagine it’ll be quickly duped 😳
Its all so confusing! She didn’t tell me anything about it, just told me to scan a QR code and put in my information and then I got an email from “Chanel & moi” sending me a link to access my warranty.

how does my phone read the chip? I noticed it has the serial number on the chip too

Its all so confusing! She didn’t tell me anything about it, just told me to scan a QR code and put in my information and then I got an email from “Chanel & moi” sending me a link to access my warranty.

how does my phone read the chip? I noticed it has the serial number on the chip too
If you download an app like this (I’m pretty sure my husband used the first one for his home projects) you should be able to scan it, I would imagine it’ll take you to a web page on a Chanel owned domain with some sort of certificate of authenticity? Don’t print screen or share it though just in case they provide any unique identifiers eg to transfer ownership.

I really like data & useful tech applications like this so will be interested to see how this tech develops. It’d be cool for customers in the secondary market to be able to have a full provenance from store bought from through the owner(s) to them. I wonder if counterfeiters will even bother to try and replicate it?

680B2B20-CD3A-4233-8DC6-CE3ECB0D1AF6.jpeg

Best: Burberry trench coat

BT.jpg

Worst: LV runway trainers (insole heels makes them super heavy. Can't bare to walk around for more than 2hs).

LV.jpg

Reactions: 3
Hello lovely people - I've pulled myself away from all the gossip onto this, much more important, thread - do any of you have a Mulberry small Darley? I really like the look of it but trying to decide whether it's big enough... I won a Fairfax & Favor Mini Loxley as a prize at Xmas last year, but sold it because it was too small to close as soon as I put my phone & purse in it, but I want to spend the cash on something similar but nicer. Leather or suede, cross body, nothing with logos all over it... £500ish. Any recommendations would be fab, you lot have great taste!
I absolutely love the Mulberry Darley but it is very small! There are a few reviews on YouTube that show what can fit in it.

From Mulberry I really like the micro zipped Bayswater for day to day - super cute and holds quite a lot but you would have to buy preloved or from an outlet. The Lily is nice too but not as structured and I hear the chain can be annoying!

Coach and Tory Burch have some lovely bags at good prices. I recently bought my first Coach bag and am so so impressed with the leather! Also Kate Spade and Michael Kors(!) ☺

ETA - the Aspinal Lottie is lovely too!

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.