Designer Items #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry if this has been asked and answered previously… has anyone sold on vestiaire and if so, how was the transaction?
Always great -- it's the only place I would sell my designer items -- I've never had to worry about anything once I sent the item off.
Commission is almost 20% but this is a fair exchange for total peace of mind.

Reactions: 2
Always great -- it's the only place I would sell my designer items -- I've never had to worry about anything once I sent the item off.
Commission is almost 20% but this is a fair exchange for total peace of mind.
This is good to know, as I have several pieces I need to sell. It’s been a bit mind boggling to me cos there are so many options and I haven’t sold anything for years and years (when the only option was eBay).

20 per cent is fair I think, so I’ll definitely consider VC.

I think the brand probably had its best moments between 2013-2015

They tried to bring that back by resuscitating those shark boots and they keep trying to keep the Antigona bag alive but with brands like Loewe and Celine which do nicer clothes and bags I don’t see where Givenchy and their large logo T-shirts can fit in.

Balmain is another I think is dying a slow death.
I never really cared for the Antigona. I think I lost interest in the brand after they discontinued the Nightingale bag. That was their most iconic time for me

Agree that Loewe is so timeless and most beautiful craftsmanship

Reactions: 3
Handbag Clinic is 20% commission right? I can’t get a straight answer from them :)

Still need to sell my YSL tote so following this. Vestaire declined to list it as they said it was an effing fake!!

• Wow
Reactions: 1
SO ANNOYING if not true! Where do they get their valuers 😠
Very bloody annoying! It was bought from Net a Porter so completely genuine. They dismissed it purely on the photographs uploaded and I couldn't see anyway to appeal. I was livid! 😂

• Sad
Hello all, I have bags from Coach, Michael Kors and DKNY to sell. What site would you all recommend? I also have a perfect condition Mulberry Bayswater to sell. Any advice?

I’ve wanted a blue Loewe puzzle for a long time but with different expenses recently (illness, moving house) I just couldn’t prioritise or justify the bag… in the shops earlier and a really rude woman in front of me has the exact colour I love 🫣 she was being so demanding to the guy at the till, riled me up so much 🤣🤣🤣

I did buy a small top handle Le Pliage in pink off Depop, I wasn’t expecting to love It so much but it’s so handy for bringing lunch to work or just popping out for coffee. The colour gets a lot of compliments too.

Reactions: 6
VERY excited to have this on the way! I’ve long coveted the older calfskin Prada totes, like a Neverfull but less gimmicky and perfect for days when I’m on mum duty. Preloved is perfect too as it means I won’t be quite as upset at the inevitable wear and tear. Now I want the crossbody version and then onto saving for a Bottega Amdiano!

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Has anyone had a bag repaired at the actual designers vs a more local leather place? Is it really worth going to the designer?

I fell off a scooter (lol) abroad last week and damaged the Burberry bag I got in July. Not the actual bag leather, just the trim or whatever you want to call it. My boyfriend wants to take it to Burberry (personally I don’t care but maybe that’s me trying to play it down because it’s my fault lol) to get it repaired. They’re EXTREMELY small scuffs, which is why I’m not seeing the point if they’re going to charge hundreds anyway

Has anyone had a bag repaired at the actual designers vs a more local leather place? Is it really worth going to the designer?

I fell off a scooter (lol) abroad last week and damaged the Burberry bag I got in July. Not the actual bag leather, just the trim or whatever you want to call it. My boyfriend wants to take it to Burberry (personally I don’t care but maybe that’s me trying to play it down because it’s my fault lol) to get it repaired. They’re EXTREMELY small scuffs, which is why I’m not seeing the point if they’re going to charge hundreds anyway
In the past year I’ve serviced bags at both Chanel and Hermes in London and been really impressed. The pricing was far lower than I thought it was going to be (and lower than renovation companies like Restory who have since gone tits up) and the bags have come back looking almost new.
I’d now definitely go straight to the designers for maintenance

I would always advocate going back to designer.
However, the one and only time I did this (black box leather Kelly) that I sent to Hermès over 10 years ago came back looking no different and cost me £150.

• Wow

Ive sent a couple of bags to LV for repair and have been really happy. It was expensive but I had a full leather change on both which involves deconstructing the bag so more complexity.

I did look at an independent company but the wait time was quite long and I thought for a couple of hundred extra I know it’s going to be excellent work (or easier to kick off if not🤣)

You could always get a quote from Burberry and decide based on that.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.