Designer Items #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Help - ladies who have the Chypre sandals. Please can you let me know what you think of the sizing?I've wanted these sandals for the longest time and just came into abit of money that will go towards them. Also are they comfortable for city walks?
Thankyou!

Has anyone got a Moncler coat? I’m tempted to treat myself this winter if I get to my goal weight 🤞

Has anyone got a Moncler coat? I’m tempted to treat myself this winter if I get to my goal weight 🤞
DO IT

I got the 3/4 length black with coyote trim hood about 10 years ago and it still looks brand new. It’s so cosy, has lasted with rain, and I’ve bundled it around and not babied it. It’s the cosiest thing too.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
previous post
Little update: Just a few hours after posting this, I managed to find an all-black quilted Coach Parker on Vinted which I received a little while ago. It is fairly battered though, so I’m going to see if I can repair and restore it…

Reactions: 5
Not designer but not sure where else to put it and I know some of you guys are interested in how fashion brands go in and out of favour.

Just read an article about how Boden’s profits are way down and how they’ve lost their target market by being too trendy. I used to buy shitloads of Boden for my kids when they were young, the quality was great and while I wasn’t a fan of all the appliquéd animal stuff, they did a lot of really gorgeous things. Having 2 of the same sex I could hand it down and then sale it on. I got the odd thing for me but it was always a little conservative for my tastes. I still get the catalogue despite not buying for years and my god it’s expensive now and lots of reviews saying quality is terrible. Had a quick look at their website and it’s pretty damn frumpy 😬 and still rather spenny. Is anyone a fan? I think it’s sad when a brand falls on hard times but like M&S I think it’s lowered it’s standards, tried to go for the trendy market, failed and is now in a bit of no man’s land.

Reactions: 6
Not designer but not sure where else to put it and I know some of you guys are interested in how fashion brands go in and out of favour.

Just read an article about how Boden’s profits are way down and how they’ve lost their target market by being too trendy. I used to buy shitloads of Boden for my kids when they were young, the quality was great and while I wasn’t a fan of all the appliquéd animal stuff, they did a lot of really gorgeous things. Having 2 of the same sex I could hand it down and then sale it on. I got the odd thing for me but it was always a little conservative for my tastes. I still get the catalogue despite not buying for years and my god it’s expensive now and lots of reviews saying quality is terrible. Had a quick look at their website and it’s pretty damn frumpy 😬 and still rather spenny. Is anyone a fan? I think it’s sad when a brand falls on hard times but like M&S I think it’s lowered it’s standards, tried to go for the trendy market, failed and is now in a bit of no man’s land.
Did you read it on the DM? I read an article about it there this morning. I buy my niece the odd piece from there any have bought quite a fair bit for myself recently (cropped brushed wool cardigan, maxi tea dress, wide turn up jeans) but only when they have 20/25% off. I think I’m 1 of a few that liked that it became more “trendy” I even prefer the new logo they use 🤣🙈 I’m 38, not sure if that matters 🤷🏼‍♀️ I used to only really buy cashmere knits from there previously.

I love the kids clothes but can’t justify the price for something they’ll only wear for a hot minute, womenswear has never appealed to me, it’s a weird mix of frumpy and too trendy, I’ve never seen anything I’d consider wearing at double the price of anywhere else!

M&S quality has dropped like a stone too, basics like underwear fall apart quickly, I don’t bother to buy with them either anymore

Reactions: 4
Did you read it on the DM? I read an article about it there this morning. I buy my niece the odd piece from there any have bought quite a fair bit for myself recently (cropped brushed wool cardigan, maxi tea dress, wide turn up jeans) but only when they have 20/25% off. I think I’m 1 of a few that liked that it became more “trendy” I even prefer the new logo they use 🤣🙈 I’m 38, not sure if that matters 🤷🏼‍♀️ I used to only really buy cashmere knits from there previously.
Guilty as charged! Yes it was in the Heil. I did think that some of the trendier pieces were quite nice but still missed the mark a little for me and the prices were stupid (for what it was). I also used to buy cashmere there but the quality declined and I discovered that Uniqlo is cheaper and better so always go there now.
---
I love the kids clothes but can’t justify the price for something they’ll only wear for a hot minute, womenswear has never appealed to me, it’s a weird mix of frumpy and too trendy, I’ve never seen anything I’d consider wearing at double the price of anywhere else!

M&S quality has dropped like a stone too, basics like underwear fall apart quickly, I don’t bother to buy with them either anymore
Yeah the kids stuff was never cheap - I could kinda justify as both mine would wear it and I’d then sell it on.

M&S has been tit for ages. So much man made fabrics and just weird cuts. Their one redeeming feature (for me) is that they sell good, comfortable mastectomy bras at a really reasonable price point. Mastectomy bras everywhere else are freakin’ extortionate.

• Heart
Boden are their own worst enemy - they send out SO much physical post, including nicely printed catalogues which will not be cheap to print let alone distribute (why aren’t they putting these in orders so at least the customer covers the shipping cost?). I’ve only bought from them 2-3 times (but have bought some bits from John Lewis too) so not anywhere close to being a high value customer that they could expect to see some ROI on that. They’re also constantly in sale so no one is gonna shop with them at full price.

With that said - I do use them for new baby gifts as they do these cute little pouch bundles and they do gender neutral bits which is handy! Their kids socks are super cute too. I was disappointed with their women’s socks though as the quality is no where near the kids! Agreed re them missing the mark. They had a cute cardi that had bug buttons which sounded gr8 but in reality was just some naff 80s costume earring.

In summary - British women continue to yearn for stylish quality basics, brands continue to choose to ignore us 😂

• Heart
In summary - British women continue to yearn for stylish quality basics, brands continue to choose to ignore us 😂
This is so it! I’ve recently found a brand called stripe and stare where they do plain t-shirts in all the colours of the rainbow, same with underwear etc, and it’s good quality cotton. You can argue primark, M&S etc do that but it’s either polyester mix or the range isn’t wide enough?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hi everyone. Just looking for a bit of advice. Looking to get a reversible belt (2 for the price of one 😉) and am currently trying to decide between either this Givenchy or this Hermes. Which one should I go for?
I prefer the Hermes

Hi everyone. Just looking for a bit of advice. Looking to get a reversible belt (2 for the price of one 😉) and am currently trying to decide between either this Givenchy or this Hermes. Which one should I go for?
I love the colour of both but I feel like Givenchy has probably had it’s day and Hermes is always a better choice it’s classy

• Heart
Reactions: 2
The Givenchy is beautiful!

• Heart
So for my hen do I rented a dress and the whole process was amazing. I'm going to a wedding this weekend and have decided to rent another dress - hopefully this one will work out too. I highly recommend it so far. I usually end up buying a new outfit for occasions, which I end up wearing once, so this way I am spending less and wearing higher end designer clothes too. Thought I'd come on here and spread the news.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I prefer the Givency but for reselling in the future Hermes is probably the better option

Reactions: 2
So for my hen do I rented a dress and the whole process was amazing. I'm going to a wedding this weekend and have decided to rent another dress - hopefully this one will work out too. I highly recommend it so far. I usually end up buying a new outfit for occasions, which I end up wearing once, so this way I am spending less and wearing higher end designer clothes too. Thought I'd come on here and spread the news.
Can you say where from?

I looked at doing this for a wedding but it’s abroad so by the time I’d factored in the duration of the trip Id be better off buying new 🤣 but I am really keen to give it a go!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.