Designer Items #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve done this too. I used By Rotation and it was a really straight forward process.

Reactions: 3
If anyone uses Stitch Fix or has wanted to try them, they’re shutting down in October. Currently offering 70% off if you keep five items, 50% off for four. Whilst I know it’s not top end luxury they do stock some key everyday brands and thought it worth mentioning in case anyone wants to try and catch a bargain before they shut

• Heart
Reactions: 3
If anyone uses Stitch Fix or has wanted to try them, they’re shutting down in October. Currently offering 70% off if you keep five items, 50% off for four. Whilst I know it’s not top end luxury they do stock some key everyday brands and thought it worth mentioning in case anyone wants to try and catch a bargain before they shut
My sister works for them :cry: sad times but they're just losing money in the UK (and the US business isn't doing well either by the sound of it).

• Sad
Reactions: 2
That’s a shame but I think the problem lay with the people who pulled the clothing. Most of them just weren’t very good at it.

Reactions: 1
Signed up! Thank you

So I bought a YSL bracelet off Farfetch, it came next day which was great. However I realised it was brass not silver or gold and thought it won't really last so I went to return it, they hadn't included a returns label. I contacted them and it took them over a week to send one to me. Then it's taken a further 2 weeks for confirmation they have received it back and now I'm still waiting for a refund. I keep emailing them and they said they will chase with Saint Laurent but it's been about a month now and it's just so annoying how long these brands take, Shein has refunded me quicker 😭

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
back from bicester! we went on friday and honestly we're not too fussed on the likes of ysl/dior/gucci so it wasn't *that* much different of an experience to the likes of cheshire oaks. tbh we probs bought more than we otherwise would bc it's not somewhere we can just nip to as and when we feel like it, a few hours drive is a much bigger commitment. it's nice to have a keepsake of the whole trip though.

we bought two bags and a purse in coach, a bit off though that the purse came w a dust bag but the bags didn't? have filled in their contact form and asked if i can request them online but will have to see! also had success in ugg (ugly but i love them green rubber clogs), rituals and the white company. got some xmas ideas too so all in all it was a great trip :giggle:

Reactions: 6
Just curious, do you think the 4G logo has had its day? Or the brand overall?
I think the brand probably had its best moments between 2013-2015

They tried to bring that back by resuscitating those shark boots and they keep trying to keep the Antigona bag alive but with brands like Loewe and Celine which do nicer clothes and bags I don’t see where Givenchy and their large logo T-shirts can fit in.

Balmain is another I think is dying a slow death.

I think the brand probably had its best moments between 2013-2015

They tried to bring that back by resuscitating those shark boots and they keep trying to keep the Antigona bag alive but with brands like Loewe and Celine which do nicer clothes and bags I don’t see where Givenchy and their large logo T-shirts can fit in.

Balmain is another I think is dying a slow death.
Hard agree. I think Celine and Loewe are so desirable at the moment with such beautiful designs that the likes of Givenchy and Balmain seem quite dated in comparison. Obviously it's all a matter of personal taste but the minimal/classic aesthetic is huge at present and the top brands represent that so well. In my mind it kind of goes:

Top tier: Chanel, Hermes
Very slightly below: Celine, Fendi, Loewe, LV
Third tier: YSL, Prada, Gucci, Dior
Fourth: McQueen, Valentino, Versace, D&G, Burberry, Givenchy, Balmain, Stella McCartney, Kenzo

Obviously not an exhaustive list!

Reactions: 5
Hard agree. I think Celine and Loewe are so desirable at the moment with such beautiful designs that the likes of Givenchy and Balmain seem quite dated in comparison. Obviously it's all a matter of personal taste but the minimal/classic aesthetic is huge at present and the top brands represent that so well. In my mind it kind of goes:

Top tier: Chanel, Hermes
Very slightly below: Celine, Fendi, Loewe, LV
Third tier: YSL, Prada, Gucci, Dior
Fourth: McQueen, Valentino, Versace, D&G, Burberry, Givenchy, Balmain, Stella McCartney, Kenzo

Obviously not an exhaustive list!
My lists would be completely different. Balmain is having a moment and I don’t rate Fendi

Where would one buy a genuine preloved bag?
Resellers such as Luxury Promise, Addicted to handbags or Cuckoos Nest Cheltenham.

Ebay/Vestiairecollective for personal resellers (both have authentication services for certain amounts).

Just a couple I know of/have personally used

Sorry if this has been asked and answered previously… has anyone sold on vestiaire and if so, how was the transaction?
I have - also a couple of years ago, someone in Spain. Delivered quickly, payment was prompt. Can't complain (their fee was brutal but I priced accordingly so was happy with what I got)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.